Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

I love how this is a themed set ("clean" instead of just "Sephora Favorites").  Although these fragrances aren't "me," this gives me hope that Sephora will release more themed sets that will be more up my alley (oriental fragrances, warm fragrances, etc.)

This has to mean Skylar is coming to Sephora but I can't find them on the site.  I've been meaning to try their Arrow and would love to get a sample first!  Thanks for sharing @ohheyitscindyk 

I wish we could get the fragrance kits in Canada!! This looks great.

Oh dear, another favorites set I need!!

Oh dear, another favorites set I need!!

Swatches and some initial thoughts for Sunkissed Glow -

SC Ultrashine Lip Gel in 01 Perfect Nude: This does appear to be the perfect nude gloss! A nice warm nude without being too brown, I can see why they included it in this set. For a bronzed and glowly summer no makeup makeup this is exactly the shade I’d want. 

Fenty Shady Biz: This seems like a warmer bronze than I’m used to wearing, so I wouldn’t use it for contouring but I can see myself using it on the high points of my face to mimic some natural sun. 

Becca Vanilla Quartz: One of the few Becca shades I don’t already have! This set calls for Opal or Topaz but they said “Nah, we’ve done that a hundo times, let’s throw in something else,” and I’m very happy about that. 

Marc Jacobs 50 Dew You?: I generally go for powder highlighters and have a harder time working with get or liquid, and honestly I had a tough time even getting the swatch on, but I do really like the shade and if I can figure out how to apply it I’ll definitely use it!

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Conceited: This is a brand new brand for me, and I’m quite impressed with the shade! A little goes a long way, and it’s a bit bold as a highlight for me but it will be perfect as a glitter topper for eyes when I want to add a little something extra. I do a lot of golds in my looks so incorporating it will be really easy.

CT Colour Chameleon is Champagne Diamonds: This is meant for blue eyes and it does lean a little yellow without being too yellowy gold, very soft, but I think it will look nice with the bit of yellow gold in my hazel eyes. I’ll need to play around with it since I don’t generally use pencil application eye shadows. 

Tarte Seaglass is Suite Life: This is really the only product I’m not sure I’ll enthusiastically reach for because I do not enjoy the feeling of liquid eyeshadow. I will give it a fair chance though! I like the shade... but again, warm golds are my safety zone for eyeshadow!

I did not swatch the LM Finishing Powder, but I will likely try this to set my under eyes for a bit of brightness. 

Overall - I love love love the shade story, it’s warm without being orange, glowly without being bright, I can totally see how this will mimic exactly how the sun hits the face and the natural dew from end of the day. It calls for a Corona with lime, denim shorts, and country music! 

Direct sun, indirect sun, no sun.Direct sun, indirect sun, no sun.

SFHairHolyGrails.jpg

Contents:

Spoiler
SFHairHolyGrailsContents.jpg

Mine just arrived today, it's a huge bag (bag is so cute...

Mine just arrived today, it's a huge bag (bag is so cute with the pom poms)! filled with goodies, some old favourites and some new bits and bobs to try, I'm looking forward to using!

This would be the ultimate travel kit for my vacations and weddings this summer. Thanks for posting this @ohheyitscindyk !

Canadian version for those interested! Screenshot_20190522_075540.jpg

@ohheyitscindyk you're on the ball! Thanks! This seems like a nice summer set

I believe that this was offered earlier this year- the price is just slightly reduced.

SFSunkissedGlow.jpg

Contents:

Spoiler
SFSunkissedGlowContents.jpg

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

Just picked this up at my JcPenney Sephora. It's $36. At first I thought that was a Tarte lip gloss, but it's the new Tarte liquid eyeshadow. Also I swatched the bronzer and it's a very light bronzer even though it's pictured a dark bronzer.

@Luvstravel , this is a great find -- thanks for sharing!  I'm excited to see that the summer Sephora Favorites sets are finally moving away from frequent repeats like NARS Laguna bronzer and Urban Decay Twice-Baked eyeshadow single to more recently-released products.

Price break-down for anyone who is interested:

Spoiler
Fenty bronzer:  $13.28 (vs. $30.00 for 6.23 g. / 0.22 oz.)
Laura Mercier loose powder:   $4.68 (vs. $39.00 for 1 oz.)
Marc Jacobs Dew Drops:  $9.38 (vs. $45.00 for 24 ml. / 0.8 fl.oz.)
Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek*:  $2.57 (vs. $24.00 for 28 g. / 1 oz.)
Ouai Air Dry Foam:  $10.50 (vs. $28.00 for 120 ml. / 4 fl.oz.)
Tarte eyeshadow:  $22.00 (full-sized)
Too Faced mascara**:  $15.11 (vs. $24.00 for 8 ml. / 0.27 fl.oz.) 

Total value:  $77.52 (a bit of a deviation from the $84.00 value claim...)

*On the Sephora Favorite packaging sleeve, the Milk product size is misprinted as 0.01 oz. instead of 0.10 oz.  3 grams = 0.10 oz.

**Alternatively, the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara mini, in the same size as the one in this set, is available for purchase at $12.00.  

@MlleCC, funny you should say that because I still have t...

@MlleCC, funny you should say that because I still have the 2 Urban Decay eyeshadows that I bought in the Sephora Favorite set a few summers ago. ( I purchased 2 of the sets because I thought this was a great purchase and happy I did)

@Luvstravel  I'm totally drooling over this lovely set! I'm not a fan of BTS mascara, but everything else looks really fun to try!! 🙂

@Guessgal I'm with you. I don't like the mascara, but I haven't tried any other of the items beside the setting powder and I'll use that for travel. The top four swatches are what's in the bag, the bottom swatch is the Marc  Jacobs Tantastic bronzer compared against Fenty Shady Biz that's in the bag.20190511_213013.jpg

This set is Fantastic! It's not available in Canada but I picked it up in Hawaii last month... I wish I picked up two sets. I've tried all the items apart from the volition one and so far each one has been a winner. The moisturizers and sunscreens are lovely, the sugar lip balm is a classic, and the tanning drops are the best I have tried for my face - no streaks, just wonderful, natural glow. A+++!

testing