Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

I agree. I have or have tried must of this before. Not wo...

I agree. I have or have tried must of this before. Not worth it for me.

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

I agree with your assessment of this kit @Kim888. I guess I just have too much makeup. I am hoping for either a sampler from Charlotte Tilbury or a good point perk.

New perfume sampler, will be available during the Rouge Holiday Preview Event

SFHolidayPerfumeSampler.jpg

Contents:

Spoiler
SFHolidayPerfumeSamplerContents.png

https://www.sephora.com/product/holiday-perfume-sampler-P435370?skuId=2068625&icid2=products%20grid:...

I just looked at the link and it says the certificate is for a travel-size, not a full-size product.  I know there are a ton of samples, but does that seem right for a $65 Favorites box?  I'd be all over this if full-size...

@mischa77Unidentified

If you look at the full list, either on the product page or in Cindy's post above, all of the sizes you can redeem for are 1oz or larger. "Travel size" for a perfume is typically .25-.33 oz or so. 

I missed the Sephora favs from last year. Liked the boxes. I felt like they were gotta haves. This year I feel like I can pass. Hoping the holiday boxes will be exciting 

RE: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

Saw this for sale on eBay. I wonder if it's a new set that's coming up. The items look new. So it doesn't look like an old set.

Re: RE: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

That Boscia mask is in every set! Also I think everyone and their whole family have foils/samples of that Smashbox primer. Pick some new stuff Sephora!

Hi @angelicad, this set is available at JC Penny for $45! (Though I would call your store first to make sure it is in stock). How shady that the eBay seller photoshopped out the parts of the box with that info. It contains some great products! 

Thanks. I will ask the next time I go in. 

New dry shampoo kit

SFExtendYourStyle.jpg

Contents:

Spoiler
SFExtendYourStyleContents.jpg

Whoa, this really got dragged. Can't say I disagree, though... I've gotten every one of these items except the lashes and ABH lippie from a promo or a Play! box in the past six months.

They should have called it a starter kit or something instead. It's not a bad collection if you never go to Sephora but the price is way off.

Wow, a ton of negative reviews!

You know what that means @Harobedb, it'll probably end up in the Sale section soon.  j/k I don't know that but my thought behind these "superstar" kits is that it's tailored to make-up newbies. 

At one point or another, these have been Promos so for us seasoned gals it doesn't make it very exciting and I think that's where the negative reviews come in.  Smiley Indifferent 

@ZombieMetroAnt I got started with a Sephora Favorites Superstar kit about 5-6 years ago, and it was definitely a great discovery then! But you’re right, after building your collection these sets are underwhelming because they’re the exact same products over and over again. 

That makes sense, I can get the overwhelm of walking into a Sephora for the first-ish time and having no idea where to start. Makes the price tag seem like even more of a gotcha, though. @ZombieMetroAnt

Exactly, @ZombieMetroAnt@on both counts! I didn't expect much, but I was a little shocked they bumped the price up to $80. Esp. for noobs, that's a bit pricey!

This, along with the Give Me Some Nude Lip set, is available first on the app for 24 hours

$81.47 value

SFLuxuryBeauty.jpg

Contents:

Spoiler
SFLuxuryBeautyContents.jpg
testing