Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Self-tanner for the seriously inept

I know I've posted about my self-tanner woes before (I invite you to read the following - http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Happy-600-Hearts-kalex/m-p/181061/highlight/true#M2883 .  Even I can laugh about it now!)

No matter what I do or what "fool-proof" brands/products I try I end up splotchy or orange or both.  I exfoliate, moisturize, and moisturize my knees and ankles again.  I've used the mitts.  I've tried sprays.  I've decided to be proud of my God-given paleness (but honestly it's not fair to the people who have to deal with the glare.)  I'm not looking to be golden and bronzed - that's never going to happen.  I'd just like to be at least a few shades above cool-whip.

Anyone else seriously self-tanner challenged who finally found something that worked?  Anyone have any new products maybe I should try?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Self-tanner for the seriously inept

The tan towels blow the Jergens awaySmiley Happy

Great to hear about the Tan Towels, I actually got the Sun Safety kit last Saturday when they had them for a short time and I'm curious about the towelettes. I've tried ULTA towelettes and though handy, barely do my legs, I have to use about 3 to do my whole body.

Looking forward to this year's Sun Safety box, I hope there's new stuff in it and maybe a tote, the plastic box is kinda big....

Highlighted

the tan towels are the easiest in my pale opinion Smiley Wink ive just bought the st. tropez mousse and it is NOT easy to apply although it gives the BEST fake tan ever!! I've been sticking to the Jergens bc it's a good price and rarely goes on blotchy although it is orangey. I've tried million dollar tan and its similar to st tropes for the most realistic tan but again it's can be time consuming and tricky! 

I really liked the tan towels and st. Tropez stuff from last year's sun safety kit. I misplaced the st. Tropez while ppacking but that's ok because living in Arizona it's pretty easy to get tan (no scolding for tanning.. I know the risk and I only actively tan maybe once a week or 2 weeks).. I'm almost going to need new foundation because I never tan my face.

@prettyinpa- That's another good thing about the tan towels their really a good size I can do my body twice with one towelette. They really are a great way to get color and are super easy.

I'm a big fan of the St Tropez GRADUAL Tanning mousse

http://www.sephora.com/everyday-gradual-tan-mousse-P261906?skuId=1256940 Since it's gradual, I don't get that orange look & can easily see each day which areas need a little more/less attention. 

I also like the DDG glow pads, but sometimes they give a little too much color. I just watch my face/body until it's the desired shade & then wash my face or hop in the shower. Sounds silly, I know, but it works. http://www.sephora.com/alpha-beta-glow-pad-for-body-with-active-vitamin-d-P309104?skuId=1412212

I also have issues with tanners, and I love the St. Tropez tanning mousse- used with the self tanning glove it turns out perfectly!! I always moisturize my feet, knees, any other dry areas. If this doesn't work out for you you can always go to a spa for an airbrush tan!

I tried the Kate Somerville tan towel and I love it!  My feet and knees are the only parts I need some practice on.  I read the Q&A section before using but either I'm really that inept or didn't get the specific advice I needed! 

I didn't run the towel over my knees directly - just rubbed my hands over my legs while still damp from the towel and then across then my knees.  They're still darker so maybe I'll skip them completely next time.

My feet are the worst.  I won't be wearing flip-flops for a few days.  I remember reading to put lotion on the sides of your feet so they don't turn orange and then to do feet last when the towels isn't so wet.  That is what I did and the tops of my feet are a dirty orange and the sides are white!  My husband had another good laugh.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the suggesting the towels!  These are by far the best tanning product I've tried.  I think I'll try some other brands next to find my fave. 

ihi read on Pinterest about Victoria secret pink tanner I'm not sure what its called but its $18 and it smells like a beach apparently.  It's a great tanner for pale people that's what the article I read said.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Sonia Kashuk tanning towels at Target are great!  They're only $10 for a box of 4 too!

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • st tropez.jpg