Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
Highlighted

Sample tip and save yourself $34 on concealer

So I got this sample concealer from Givenchy and as some of you may know it is super expensive. The sample size contains 2 ml and the regular sized concealer has 1.5 ml and retails for $34. Kinda ridiculous that they give more product for free and charge such a ridiculous price (its more expensive than some drugs per ounce

Since foil samples can  be a mess I decided to save it in a container that they give at Sephora stores when you request a sample. Voila! Saves me $34 bucks and no mess! (I did stain my sheets with some concelaer as I was applying it in bed though) Just sharing this in case somebody hasnt thought about it. 

Re: Sample tip and save yourself $34 on concealer

I think it's slightly bonkers that the sample has more in it than the full size. What a great idea!

Thats really bizarre that the foil has more than the actual product. I think I have a few samples of that laying around- what did you think of it?

The lightest available is too dark for me. Smiley Sad 

Lol!

Great observation. Smiley Happy

You are awesome!  Just got a crap-load of Kiehl's samples and I'm sending most to my mom.  I've got some little pots and will include so she can make the most of them!

I like to use new contact lens cases instead of the Sephora little tester things. It closes tighter, then you can throw things in your makeup bag without worry of leaking.

Thats a great idea! Unfortunately I dont wear lenses :/ so I dont have any containers 

They're only a couple dollars at the pharmacy. 

I agree...the test pots at Sephora don't seal out all air, though my store used some screw-top potdo for a while,. So much better than the flip tops.

Completely stealing that idea to make some of my makeup more friendly on the go! Smiley Happy

I found a super cute Hello Kitty one on Amazon for a couple $

I'm a sucker for cute Smiley Happy 

Sadly, I am an Amazon junkie.  Happily, you are a great resource, DandyLionFluff!

Just put this on order:

Hurrah!

This is the one I got.

Even the Baggie it came in was cute.  I now use that to hold my extra eyelash curler pads.

~~~swoon~~

off to amazon...........

SQUEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH how did I miss this today!!!!!

*skips off to amazon*

thanks for the info, and good luck on your free sample Smiley Happy I love samples so I was so excited to see you got that amount for free when it retails for an insane price for such little product. for me there are some pro's and con's with the Sephora sample pots,I like that they are sturdy and opaque and can hold quite a bit of the sample product but seriously these are the same pot's used to put paint in. other stores such as the bodyshop have custom made sample jars and they have more then a few sizes and shapes. I feel with all the money Sephora makes each year they can at least make some Sephora printed jars for their samples as I feel these look a bit cheap.

I have never been to Body Shop! I like mini jars/pots/bottles

Yes Sephora sample pots are not sturdy enough for travel but they are pretty reliable for home use

You can get pots with screw-on lids from the travel section of Wal-Mart and Target or in a craft store.

@nhunka girl I have got to take you there! all there products are cruelty-free and fair-trade ( a big plus) they always have a sale going on, and you can just walk into their store and ask for a sample of any product you desire! although their products can be a little pricey ( EX.without a sale their boy mists are twelve dollars, but I guess that's just on my budget Smiley Tongue) here are a few pic's I found off the internet of what the jars look like, I hope this helps and please check out this store, you will be so happy!

Another 100 hearts!!  <3

The Body Shop is cruelty free but they are owned by L’Oreal which is most definitely not. Just and FYI. 

Urban Decay is also owned by L’Oreal.

Burt's Bees is owned by Clorox. 

True, but without L'Oreal's funding the Body Shop wouldn't have been able to expand it's product range as much, which hopefully resulted in more shoppers buying cruelty free. With it's funding they were able to use synthetic skin to test their materials and do more charity. I believe they donated 300,000$ off x-mas presents to build schools.

I didn't realize that about Burt's Bees.  Thanks for the info.

These little pots are just lovely! Off to Body Shop I go! 

57 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 20140117_034539.jpg
  • upload_2248592216766994466.jpg
  • upload_9094413164684112753.jpg
  • hkclc.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Screenshot_2014-01-17-16-36-15-1.png