Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Sample Packet Challenge

I don't know about you ladies but I have at least 562 sample packets in my possession.  In the "Project 10 Pan" spirit I thought we could challenge ourselves to see how many samples we could use up in a month.

I'm already at 2 with the Naked Body Butter and Hourglass foundation samples I used this morning.  Anyone want to "compete" with me?

Re: Sample Packet Challenge

I'm doomed to sampledom, I fear...anyone else tempted? 

http://www.sephora.com/countdown-to-love-advent-calendar-P382074

I'm getting it for sure Smiley Happy

I am slacking at the moment - mostly because I am using some in-store-made sample clams, and some deluxe samples.  They are taking forever to use up Smiley Wink, so I am down on sample use and foil packette use!

But I did recently use a Kiehl's no shine hydrator sample packette!

I am working on D-Scar by Kate Somerville, Clinique Spot treatment, Shishedo Ibuki Moisturizer, FAB and KORRES Cleansers, and a few other deluxe samples.

My goal was 10 and so far I am at 8! I didn't realize that I had low balled my goal.  So midway into the challenge I am upping the ante to 18 sample packets!

Okay I used about 20-25 samples in September (I lost count darnit, but that's pretty close).  Several of those were deluxe, not just foil packets.

I have only used like 5 in October though, I need to step it up Smiley Very Happy.  My goal was to use 30 in October and I am way behind!

Only 5 days left!  How's everyone doing?

hehe, i gave away literally 50+ in the TSB but am slacking on using things up myself.

I am going to count today or tomorrow I hope and post a count for October Smiley Very Happy.

I perhaps mistakenly included all my samples, even if they weren't packets (i.e. little tubes or vials), too!

I was terrible. Besides a bunch of DDG pads, I think I used maybe less than 10 sample packets Smiley Sad 

I was doing so well... and then I started slacking because my skin got super dry and flakey (probably from switching from one thing or another daily)...

I used 12 after my husband threw out about 8-10. So 20... not bad! I wanted to get to 50 packets in a month!!!

Yeah, I didn't use a whole lot of skincare samples for that reason.  I would've started breaking out.  I usually try to accumulate at least a few of the same sample so I can use the same product for more than a few days.

Oh! Thanks for that little tip! I will accumulate a few of the same skincare products and use it for a few days so I don't constantly switch!

Too many samples. PLus trying different things all the time isn't good for anyones skin. I just add them when i sell on ebay

I barely have any samples to use up, to start with lol

My total is 24!

Yay! Congrats Smiley Very Happy!  

Highlighted

Great!

I started strong and then slowly dropped off as the month continued.  I got through 16 either deluxe or regular samples.

September + October was a total of 144 sample packets for me!!! I took this seriously and am proud of myself for using up what would otherwise just sit in a make up bag and bathroom cabinet. When offered samples, I try to get products I already use, so this was easy for me. Here are Octobers:

And about 30 scattered in September empties picture:

YOU TOTALLY WIN!!!

I had a goal of 50 which I thought was reasonable but I only got 20...

But wow- 144 packets!!! I think I may really try again in the beginning of 2014- I already know one of my New Years Resolution is to start using up my foil and deluxe samples!!!! I don't think I can top yours though!!! We will see!!!

Thanks for motivating me!!

I think it's cheating though, because my skin is the opposite of sensitive and can take a beating of product changes that often. And like I said, I stocked up on products I have used or am currently using. The shampoo packets were awesome for after gym class! Now I can start going trough my perfume samples Smiley Tongue

This is impressive! Definitely the motivation I need for this month!

Holy cannoli!  That is impressive!  Good idea getting samples of stuff you know you like.  I don't do that enough.

Great job! I need to start using up my samples for sure!

Just curious, do you get your sample packets from on-line purchases or in store?  I don't know what's wrong with me but I NEVER and I mean NEVER get any samples from the Sephora's I go to...is there a sign on my back I'm not seeing?  I feel ripped off.

You aren't alone, Many people never get samples from Instore, I've only gotten foil samples twice. I'm more than sure she gets most from online, and TSB's.

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • 20130930_124852.jpg
  • TSB Photo.jpg
  • 20130930_124829.jpg
  • 2013-10-04 17.59.19.jpg
  • 2013-10-04 18.12.38.jpg
  • 20131005_151536.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • 20131101_163324.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • spc.jpg