Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Replacement for Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation?

I’ve been wearing Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation in Y335 for the last billion years and now that it’s discontinued, I’ve been really struggling to find a replacement foundation that similar in texture and coverage. 

I’ve gone to Sephora a few times to attempt to be matched in the new Makeup Forever HD Skin foundation, but none of the shades seem to work. I’ve tried the Nars Light Reflecting foundation and the Armani Luminous Silk foundation, but neither are quite what I want - my skin is on the drier side, so both of those foundations end up patchy in some areas and really accentuate any fine lines.

I would appreciate any advice and suggestions on a good replacement for my previous foundation. Again, something with medium coverage that’s kind to dry skin. 

Thanks everyone!

Re: Replacement for Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation?

Hey, I looked around and the Wander Beauty website has it in stock right now and they also have a larger shade range than Sephora did. I don’t know what your shade would be but many of them lean neutral/warm. I use the fair shade and even though I am neutral, it still looks like a great match and doesn’t appear orange. As long as you aren’t full cool undertone it should work. 

It also has great reviews for the most part with one of the top compliments being how skin like it is. The biggest con for most people is the large Doe Foot Applicator used. It’s like a giant liquid lipstick. Lol. I don’t mind it but if you’re worried about it you can always put the foundation on something else then apply to your skin instead of touching it directly to your face. 

Anyway, good luck! If you happen to find another foundation you are wowed with I would love to know what it is. 🙂

Ooh I’ll check it out! Thank you so much 🙂

I also have hopelessly dry skin despite always taking care of my skin so I understand the struggle. The most under - rated, not talked about foundation for dry skin I’ve found is Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Foundation. It’s so beautiful on and it looks like skin despite being medium coverage.  It doesn’t pick up dry patches. The downfall to it is the shade range is the fair, light, etc tinted moisturizer type of range which may be why it’s not talked about. I also see Sephora hasn’t restocked it in a long time so they may be dropping it. If you can manage to get your hands on a bottle then I suggest trying it. I have so many mid to high end foundations (Dior, Nars Natural Radiant and Sheer Glow, Good Apple, MAC, Estée Lauder, Charlotte Tilbury, IL Makiage, Yensa etc etc and this one is the only one I’ve ever been wowed with. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing