Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

REGRETTABLE TRENDS AND BEAUTY HABITS -- OH NO !

ok, story time.

are there any specific trends you took part in--or habits you too part of--only to look back and think 'WHAT WAS I THINKING?!'. it may be embarrassing, it may be humorous, either way--it's one of the more entertaining elements of beauty/makeup that we can only learn to fully understand (and appreciate !) with hindsight. 

in the early 2000s i hated the fact i was pale, so i was often a victim of the earlish days of the self tanner craze. i remember thinking it was MAGIC, only to to notice the next day in fresh daylight that i had bright orange streaks running down my calf. and you'd think that would've taught me my lesson but i'd just pretend like it wasn't there and continued on with it for months. another was the disaster at my attempt at a glossy eyelids (posted about more thoroughly in the 'what was your first sephora purchase' thread). and i'll add more to these 'confessions' as i remember more !

just to note: this is all in good-spirited nostalgic fun, and NOT to demean anyone's tastes or experiences.

Re: REGRETTABLE TRENDS AND BEAUTY HABITS -- OH NO !

Haha, I used to go to raves with white eyeliner.  It glowed under black light! 

i used to love rave music! Smiley Happy 

My mom still wears platform flip flops lol... a lot of Vietnamese women do cause they tend to be shorter... my mom's like 5'2 lol! 

;; i'm 5'3 , i wear platform boots, jeffrey campbell though ;D

I'm 5"3, also wear platform boots, Demonia Smiley Happy

I definitely remember #2 and #3! One of my friends back in middle school rocked the white eyeliner on the top lid look but I remember thinking it was cool because it was such a trend! 

<3, Randee

I'm so guilty of every single trend you posted.  CRINGE!!  While everyone was doing the white eyeliner on top, I used it on my waterline... Along with my Jordana lip liner Smiley Wink

xo, Mia

I live my life with no regrets Smiley Very Happy

The 80's.

Everything about the 80's.

Perms, clothes, make-up...everything.

Some of my faves. Anything else Spice Girl related can be added to the list

Oiy.. Jelly Sandals. Those beasts always gave me blisters as a kid. Not fun.

Jelly Sandals gave me blisters and made my feet all sweaty...but the things you have to do for fashion, right? Smiley Wink

<3, Randee

omg i had a tamagotchi too! Mine kept on dying for no reason though I was so sad! 

Mine kept dying because I would forget to take it with me somewhere Smiley Happy

I know, me too! My school had a strict no tamagotchi in class rule in 5th grade so mine would always die when I was in class! 

<3, Randee

Yes, yes, and yes! I was so obsessed with the Tamagotchi! When it first came out, it was sold out everywhere and I was obsessed with getting one! 

<3, Randee

Omg, the Tamagotchi!  I HAD to have one and I remember making my dad take me on a wild goose chase to try to get one.  They were sold out everywhere so I had to settle for a Giga Pet.  Smiley Very Happy

OMG bandanas, yes!!  I remember in middle school, EVERYONE wore them.  My school ended up banning them so we all wore headbands with the little flap of fabric that hung off it.. the pseudo-bandana.  So rebellious, I know!   This was the closest thing I could find online.  I remember the actual fabric part being a smaller triangle.  

Yep, definitely had several of these!  I actually saved them for years and years for whatever reason.  I don't know if I thought they would come back in style?  Lol.

I had a whole drawer full of bandannas at one time in blue green and grey. It beat having to apply eight hair clips, but I'm using ribbon ties these days.

Did any of you 80s kids keep your twister beads and charms that you could hook onto them?  I had collected a ton of them and threw them away.

Does anyone remember these? I know they still make these hair elastics but they used to be the biggest trend back in the day. I always had too much hair and I could never truly make them work for me, but I always thought they were so cute because you match your elastic with your outfit! 

<3, Randee

I still see those for sale where I am!

Hehe, me too! I feel like everyone wore them back in the day!

<3, Randee
Highlighted

My sister and I used them when we were kids!!!! We call them "Hair Bubbles."  I accidentally made a hole in the wall with one at home when I was 8. I slipped and smacked my head against the wall and the force made one go through it and it got stuck. Plus my hair got all tangled up in it. So my mom had to cut my hair and the hair bubble to free me. I was sporting an assymetrical twists for 6 months. I HATED them.