Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Anonymous Insider

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

If I could recommend ONE product to you guys, id be the Tarte Tartlette in bloom palette .. LIFE

Anonymous Insider

Went to L'Occitane today to pick up the free gift, no purchase necessary.  Unfortunately, I didn't really read it and missed the $10 off $35 purchase that day in store.  If I had, I would have been prepared to definitely pick up something or definitely not.  Unfortunately, my "just drop me off, honey, I'll be done in 5," ended up being gone 20 minutes when I figured out, "Oooh, that's a good deal!" then proceeded to explore the store to find something already on sale to make the discount go farther.  

The manager tried out the Citrus Verbena cream on me saying that it has a cooling effect and I loved it.  I had been talking about how the weather was perfect today, but it was going to get much hotter this weekend, so my brain was primed for it and totally drove my purchase of that full-priced item.  At least, I got the $10 off (equivalent to 26% off my item), the gift (2 deluxe samples and a canister), and 6 foils from the manager.  Total including tax--$30.

While I'm talking to her, I ask how long they'd been in that part of the mall, as I had completely expected them to be in the middle of the mall.  Three years???  I was embarrassed and surprised.  I said I had no idea as lately, I've been shopping only at Sephora, so I just park at the other end of the mall and never go to this side.  

When I got home and reviewed the items I purchased and received for free, it just ended up reinforcing my desire to shop elsewhere other than Sephora.  That was a better discount and more samples than I've gotten with my past two purchases at Sephora!

The only real benefit of shopping at sephora is that it's a one stop shop.  Not necessarily as enticing with Nordstrom nearby now.  

Anonymous Insider

I also told the manager that I shop at Nordstrom, which is also not on that side of the mall.  LOL

I have a confession to make.   I just ate an entire bag of Hershey's white chocolate chips straight outta the baking cupboard.😧 I just reached into the bag to find there were none left.😔

if I break out in the next couple days, I will have no idea why.  

Anonymous Insider

I'm fortunate my guy has taken up baking, so I'm no longer tempted by the yummy ingredients in the cabinets.

Lol, that actually sounds way more dangerous- and delicious!  

Anonymous Insider

It's definitely more dangerous.  I'm fortunate that other people are around and partake in the goodies in greater quantities than I do!

Well, if he happens to go into extreme baking mode and there aren't enough people to eat all them goodies, I'm here for you;) 😋

Anonymous Insider

LMAO  I'll keep you in mind 😄

Did anyone get up early or camp on the computer to order any of the Metal Matte Kylie Jenner lipstick today?

I did, but failed. I made two orders b/c for some reason my orders on her website keep getting cancelled for some weird reason, and like I predicted, they both got cancelled. 😞 I think I'm putting in my cc expiration date as M/YY instead of 0M/YY, such a little error. I'm not used to putting in my cc info since all the sites I order from have it saved, ugh. BUT, maybe its for the better, I spent too much money during this past Sephora sale. LOL.

Saved credit card info is my shopping downfall.  It makes it way too easy.  

I'm surprised they have such a poorly designed checkout system.  Makes me wonder how many other people have had the same problem. 

Me too, especially with the sephora app. You really don't have to type anything in to make an order, it's so easy.

But, I'm so used to drop down options for the expiration date if it isn't saved. So I never have to type in the 0, I feel so silly. 

What are your guys go to drugstore beauty brands?

I used to be all into Milani, but I can't find it anywhere near me now. L'Oreal? Like their eyeliners and mascaras but everything else...meh. Rimmel? Does nothing for me. I'm slowly getting into Physicians Formula, but they don't really do lip products, so help guys!

If you live in Canada, you can find Milani on Well.ca. I really like the lipliners- creamy, matte and stay put. 

I like NYX products- especially the lipsticks, lipliners, butter glosses etc.. The eyeshadow palettes I don't care for but single e/s from them are nice. I like the blushes and bronzers.

Maybelline- Mascara, foundation, concealer, powder

Loreal- Brow gel, Brow stylist definer pencil (or whatever the name really is), the single potted infallible shadows

Physician's Formula- Bronzers, blushes

Revlon- lip products

Essence- lipsticks, lipliners (so creamy and pigmented), blushes, gel liners, lip glosses ..

I love NYX, especially for lips!!

I tried a few of their eyeliners, mascaras, and eyeshadows and wasn't thrilled with any of them so I think I was put off by the brand. I'll have to take another look at their lip stuff!

man i wish KIEHL'S would bring back their fig leaf & sage range. it's my favorite lotion / scent i've ever used, but i ration it since it was limited edition. anyone ever get their hands on this ? (came out a couple years ago, i stocked up on it at nordie rack, almost completely out 😞 ) sigh

My Sweet Peach palette finally came the other day and wow I love it so much.  I never buy into that kind of hype but I bought it a few weeks ago on HSN and I am so glad I did!!  Plus I got it for $30 with a first time buyer discount so yeah it was a great deal!!

And I've been using MUFE Face & Body foundation.  Guys...I may have found my holy grail foundation.  I'm not going for anything else lately and I feel like once I use up some other things I have I will only repurchase F&B and one of my fav bb creams.  I'm impressed!  

So glad to hear you're enjoying the peach palette! It definitely impressed me. Even better that you got it for a steal 😄

The Sephora Play subscription is open right now for anyone looking to sign up! I'm not sure how long it will be open, so if you're interested, hurry!! 🙂

1 Reply
testing