Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I think I have a DS of this cleanser sitting around. Is it a beaded exfoliator or feel like cream or foaming face wash. I don't want to open it if it has any amount of beads in it because I may not use it in that case.

It definitely has a rougher feel like beads. It does foam a little, but not much. 

I've been using Farmacy clear bloom oil cleanser, it very soothing and effective. I used to use a cleanser with an exfoliator and once I switched, my skin became more hydrated. 

I am taking a big step, I am buying legitimate hip and butt padding to help give me a more feminine shape! I think this will help my confidence so much!

Go for it! Can't wait to see the next you 

Thanks!

That s great news, Regina. You should be confident, your pictures are always vavavoom and feminine!

Awwww thank you so much!!

here is my mom, somewhere in between 1989-1991, surrounded by the pantone colors of the year 2016, rose quartz & serenity. 

looking at the jumbo cough syrup on the night stand, i'd say she was ill, my father was teasing her by taking the pic (likely to finish a roll of film) and she'd kill me if she knew i was posting this. but worth it !

coty1990.jpg

She looks so glamorous, even though she is not feeling well.

That bed frame looks super familiar, I think both my mom and my aunt have one like it! Your mom looks thrilled - and on the verge of leaping out of bed to **bleep** the camera to destroy the evidence. 😛

Cute momma! ♥

Good use of the colors of the year!!!

Precious photo.

Has anyone received a PM about a survey for a college student?

Yep!  They pop in from time to time doing projects for class.  No big deal as their surveys don't ask anything personal. 

I did, and I filled it out.  Seemed all good and only took two minutes of my time.  Im such a risk taker, lol.

Okay! I just wanted to make sure before I clicked the link 🙂

The Josie Maran Argan Cleansing oil (and several products in her skincare line) smells of peach yogurt to me. I don't like it.

I use the JM oil in a small kit I bouoght and if I werent still a newbie to oil cleansers, Id probably rebuy.  I do smell it but I dont get peaches nor yogurt 😉

It reminds me of a yogurt (yoplait peach) i used to eat when i was little. While I liked the yogurt, an oil with the same scent is weird to me haha.

Spoiler
But then i am predisposed to dislike Josie Maran / Argan. Argan oil doesn't agree with me (i find it too heavy) and i didn't like any of the JM products i tried for various reasons. A moisturizing sunscreen broke me out (and i almost never break out), a lip tint thing just oozed clear oil, and i have had better cleansers. I vastly prefer Boscia makeup-breakup.

Probably more of a confession than a thought, but OMG I have to have this and I don't even care how it smells. How crazy/amazing/clever is that packaging!?!?

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.40.10 PM.png

The top 2 notes listed are bergamot and citrus, one of my absolute favorite combinations, so it's not entirely risky, no? 

Anyway, per my new rule (instituted after my no-buy attempt failed miserably) I have to wait 48 hours before making such purchases. 

But, this is all win, right? 

13 Replies
testing