Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

No problem. The palette has 4 blushes and a sculpt and emphasize powder. I don't have MAC blushes and thought this would be nice but there aren't any swatches out yet. I don't really buy MAC but palettes and such have been worth it especially when the holiday items went on sale I got some pigment sets. I shall wait it out 🙂 it's fine because I'm on a no/low buy anyways..last year was too much! I went cray...👎🏽

Okay cool. I only became VIB and the rouge last year and used my coupon and figured this year it's probably good for a year as well but got thrown off when I read something about the coupon being good until 2/11. Maybe that was a mistake. I asked Christine but she has to get back to me yet...

Sure no worries 🙂

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with May Lindstrom skincare (good or bad)?

I got some samples from a local boutique of a few things and I haven't tried them yet, but am curious...

Caroline Hirons has talked about them a bit - positively as I recall, but I haven't tried anything yet.  Specifically, she raves about Blue Cocoon.  I think I have Blue Cocoon coming in the CH Cult Beauty Box, which I got on back order for delivery sometime in Feb.  Let us know how you like them! 

i think people have sold their souls for blue cocoon. but i've never tried it as i don't want to fall in love with something i can't afford / afford to repurchase overandoverandover. 

jem, your comment reminded me of that movie Cocoon (totally dating myself here I guess) where a group of old people found these alien cocoon type things that would rejuvenate them and give them their youth back.

Anonymous Insider

I loved cacoon!

Glad it's not just me 😉

i loved that movie 🙂

A question about using a chemical exfoliator and retinol: can I use both in the same night? 

When I was first looking into Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels, the sephora SA in the skincare dept mentioned to not use it on the same night I use Luna. 

A reputable skincare youtuber I love made a video on her nightly skincare routine which included both Good Genes and Luna. 

Any advice? Can I use the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels (or good genes) with my Luna oil in the same night?

I adore good genes, but in conjunction with Luna, it hurt my skin. I lean towards the sensitive side, so that's probably why. I use Good Genes everyday but only the tiniest amount suffices. 

It depends on how much your skin can stand. 

I do love both products though!

Just not together in a day. 

Sunday Riley's marketing has said you can use Luna and Good Genes in conjunction, and I've done so in the past and not found them too harsh.

However, I would say unless you are using the gentle DDG, that is probably going to be to much to do in the same night.  

In the end, it really depends on how sensitive your skin is.

Thanks @mochapj, I will try the Good Genes and Luna together ad see how it goes

Anonymous Insider

Most of the time the skin is irritated post peel, so unless you know that you get 0 irritation from Luna (no redness or other effects) you should space them apart.

I can use a more gentle peel and Luna myself, but the pads you are using are really strong on my own skin.

Hope its ok that I posted this here.......more sad news this week. Alan Rickman has passed away from cancer, he was 69 😞   I grew up watching his movies, my faves are Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Dogma, Sense & Sensibility, and Die Hard, Galaxy Quest. He will be so missed!!!!!!

946184_937374683014874_2027022991156338073_n.jpg

😧

I love you, Alan Rickman. I'm breaking on the inside.

This is a perfect expression of my emotions.

Thanks, Gwenhwyfar

All A. Rickman related content i have seen today made me sad, but i had to laugh at this. Thank you for posting TopazBeth ❤️

I woke up to this news and I am so sad today. 😞 #snapeforever

3 Replies
testing