Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

What the heck?!  Did they mistake your CA for Canada instead of California?

Isn't is crazy? I have no idea what they did, this looks more like a wrong address to box mapping issue 😄 I'm really really hoping that they just happened to put the wrong tracking number in my order and that I'll actually receive my stuff tomorrow. I was looking forward to it 😞 I've written to them on Facebook, but have to be patient until working hours tomorrow .. 

Ok, I need to sleep and stop trying to use my brain at unearthly hours. The package is in Ontario, CA. I've never felt more silly (dumb)! 😄 On the plus side, Sephora's CS reps got back to me immediately - I'm super impressed!

Ohh haha!  No worries, I have done that before many times!

You know what it could be - sometimes the tracking number gets reused so it was active for someone else's package and hasn't been activated for yours yet.  This happened to me once where I checked the tracking when I got the email and it said it was being delivered in Oregon.  I checked the next morning and it said it was en route to me.  Hopefully it will still get to you.

My love for Glossier continues. I placed the order Monday night and received this email today (I also received a shipping notice). So that's 1.5 days tops that my order sat unprocessed, and I got $5 from it. Pretty sweet.

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 8.58.01 PM.png

Wow - good CS!

Oh my goodness. I only have twelve items currently left on my Loves list. If I purchased all of them during the 20% VIB sale it would "only" cost me $360, and then I would be done shopping at Sephora for quite a while. I should start a crowdfunding campaign. 😄

Wanna buy my list for me, and I'll buy your yours? Mine might cost you a bit more though .... 😄 😄 hahaha

But that's awesome. It's great not wanting a lot, as it usually means you're pretty satisfied with most of what you own 🙂

I know what you mean.  My list is quite small now which is a good thing because there are some non Sephora holiday items I'd like to acquire in the coming weeks... 😉

Guys, b glowing is now carrying SOME Illamasqua products. For those who have been eyeing Raindrops, they have that available and shipping is slightly less haha. Just another option

That's exciting.  I wonder if this means they'll slowly be coming back to North America.

So I got a deluxe sample of Becca Moonstone pressed, and I've used it 3-5 times, and every time I do, I break out. Is that weird? My other highlighters don't do this to my skin...

I'm not impressed with it anyways, so I don't care that much, but I would have never thought I would break out from a highlighter, especially one in powder form.

I don't think that's weird.  I haven't had that problem with Becca, but every single Bare Minerals powder product I've used has broken me out horribly.  If blush can do it, so can highlighter!  Unfortunately.

I ran in to the mall today (it really was a run.  I was out in 15 minutes!) to do some returns and since I didn't buy anything and had an issue with returns (for the story see the hauls thread) the SA gave me a foil of FAB Ultra Repair Cream.  I almost laughed.  I guess it's the thought that counts right?  I didn't want/expect anything back except for the refund but it was just funny to me.

Does anyone know of a good skincare product to effectively reduce wrinkles and fine lines? My forehead is so full of wrinkles from frowning and worrying that I swear in just a couple of years I could be a Klingon for Halloween without any face makeup. I don't need them to disappear entirely... Just want to find a product to help. Thanks!

i don't believe you.

BUT. yes, especially at your age, keeping hydrated is going to do wonders. i know you use your caudalie serum but maybe a hydration specific serum would help too ? and using your DDG pads will help the skin absorb any treatment you put on top. oils. oils oils. oils. 

Haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence, jem.

I do have the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum, but I don't feel like my skin drinks it up quite as completely as the Polyphenol serum. Perhaps I just need to focus more on hydrating that part of my face. I'll definitely use my oils specifically on it... I will be utilizing those more come the colder, drier months.

Edited to take out the product I'm no longer interested in. Reading comprehension. 😛

I know no direct links, but.....

Spoiler

Oooh, neat! Thanks for posting this, this is fascinating. 

So, how do we find out which kind of HA a brand is using? I assume unless they have it in the description as something they're touting, it might be hard to trace?

That article is saying HA is better, not LMW-HA? Since LMW promotes scarring and inflammation?

He links a few more studies in the comments section as well. 

I really like this site GPL - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

PS - Immunology is cool 🙂

1 Reply
testing