Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

My son is allergic to the world and taking Benadryl never occurred to me. I wish I thought of this last night. If it does not calm down before bedtime, I will take some tonight. Thanks!

eep..hope it calms down 

Thanks, the swelling looks a lot better today, but the rash that developed last night looks worse.

Bummer!

I think the couple of zits I have fought lately are due to cheese and chocolate.  I typically don't eat much of either.  I sometimes have half an oz of cheese with wine, or a square of bitter dark chocolate (low sugar) with wine.  For the last 6 weeks I have had a few nights where I ate a whole ounce of cheese, and sometimes cheese AND the square of dark chocolate.

I am sensitive to sugar, so I rarely eat it.  But these quantities are too much for me I think.  My skin health is 90% diet.

In other news, I finally made an appointment with a dermatoligist.  I never had one on payroll.  Of course, the appointment is 5 weeks away.  But I am going to have them look at some of my moles.  But more importantly, I wnat them on call when I have a ginormous zit!  I am 40 year old professional...I can't be walking around with a face like a pimple popping teenager.  Who will take me seriously? 

My skin is finally starting to clear up, but it has been an acne wasteland since Feb. Good thing I am not a professional, because the past six months have not been pretty. I did get sunburned over the weekend, but my eyes have not been all puffed out prior to today. Thanks to the clear face and puffy eyes, I now look like a toddler. Toddlers with supple, fluffy skin. My forehead still looks like an adult, but my eyes are all toddler.

Awwww,  perhaps you have allergies?   Have you tried taking an antihistamine?  

Yup, I had to come home early, because my entire face developed a huge rash. As such, I am off to shower. I usually only use one new product at a time, but my genius self used two yesterday. Which one is in trouble? Process of elimination begins now. I will get back to you in a few days when I figure it out.

NC, I have a new one growing on my upper lip.  Sheeeit!

I think you look very young and mischevious!  Like you have a naughty prank up your sleeve.  I have no idea what an adult forehead looks like.  Lines do not equal wrinkles. 🙂

So this is my third zit in 6 weeks.  Sigh.

I do have naughty pranks up my sleeve, so you know me well. Yes, I know you will never let me refer to my lines as wrinkles, but my forehead is the only thing on my face not swollen. The swelling makes it look like I have no lines/wrinkles (whatever you want to call them) anywhere else on my face. It is all round and swollen. 

Sorry about the new zit. Lip ones are the worst tied with ones close to the nostrils. 

Put some metal spoons in the fridge and then over your eyes! It'll bring the swelling down a bit 🙂 I feel you over the acne. I never had breakouts until this year

That sounds like it would be soothing to do even without puffiness!  

I hope your breakouts end quickly. My acne kicked in at 19 and held steady for many years. Over the past few years, it has been mostly hormonal. They leave almost as quickly as they come and return the following month. The past six months have been very stress filled, so my skin has been a constant mess.

if anyone is in need of waterproof makeup ideas (specifically, for happy OR sad occasions where crying is gonna be A Thing) here are some tried-and-tested gooduns:

• maybelline color tattoo pots. as long as they get a chance to set / dry, they don't budge. 
  • maybelline the rocket waterproof mascara. now, i don't like waterproof mascara because i'd rather have a bit of smudge than a mascara that is difficult to get off. or often i'll opt for no mascara at all. but sometimes i need Armor that won't run down my face. i wanted drug store because it won't be something i'll reach for much. this stuff didn't budge, either. i didn't LOVE how it made me lashes look, but it did the job and held up.
  • NYX soft matte lip creams. 
  • BOBBI BROWN long wear eyeliner. i wasn't planning on wearing eyeliner of any sort but my cousin and i were like "uh, let's put on makeup, it gives us something to focus on for 10 minutes", so the eyeliner ended up happening. i love this stuff. it's my HG black eyeliner, officially. smudged slightly after some (ha, "some") tears and eye rubbing, but never messy or embarrassing. 

sorry guys not trying to be a bummer. but heck--i can attest to these things working, it's worth sharing !!!!

and, i'll add: thank you ALL SO MUCH for your love and support you sent to me in that post i made in the waywt thread. i didn't have a chance to respond to anyone's post. the theme of this week has been humanity as expressed through love and generosity of spirit. i learnt this through my uncle, and it's been reenforced by everyone's loveliness here. adore you guys ❤️

Thanks for the list jemly. If you need any others, Cinema Secrets eyeliner sealer is good stuff.

I'd just like to say WHEEE!, I'm now a HOF'er!!

Yay! Congrats!! 🎉🎊🍹

I had the MUFE Pro Sculpting Duo #2 sitting there brand new in the box for like 2 months (or something ridiculous like that) and finally decided to use it today just to run errands.  I've been working at home this week so I can actually get my stuff done plus it's that time of year to do performance reviews again and I tend to get them done much better when my employees are not all up in my grill.  Anyways, I got the duo just for the highlighter and I love it!  I'm sure I can get tons of use out of it.  Sadly the bronzer will remain untouched as I do not like the oranginess of it.

Sooo is it possible to become addicted to massages? I've had 2 in the span of 2 weeks and I'm already trying to schedule another. I started getting them because I put my body through a lot for the sake of fitness and lately I've been feeling sore and kinda beat up. The massages really just make me feel better PLUS I think I can get my insurance to cover some of the cost if I list it as some kind of holistic therapy treatment. Now if I could only do the same for makeup shopping... 

Honey, I used to have a massage once a week for a while.  My friend and I had gotten memberships one year as gifts to ourselves.

I still have the membership at my local massage place, but they are just accumulating.  Now that I travel so much, I really can't keep up.

Oh wow! Yeah the place I've been going to was trying to convince me to purchase a membership but something in my mind kept questioning it as thought it was kinda ridiculous (???). But apparently they wouldn't be offering it if it wasn't a desired commodity. Think I'm gonna revisit the idea 😉

So lucky! Massages are like a once or twice a year thing for me. I can definitely see how you'd get addicted to them 🙂

6 Replies
testing