Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I was supposed to go out for a drink after work tonight but saw my bed and sweatpants and they won. Technically I saved 15$+15$ (taxi) and 20$ (drinks) so I should buy 50$ worth of makeup riiiight...? Lol 

Like when I pick up $300 worth of stuff in my cart at TJ Maxx but then put back $100, I feel like I "saved" $100, lol.

Exactly! 

Totally! I justify my beauty purchases by how much I save when I bring my lunch to work instead of going out for lunch. 😁

woah woah woah woah..

hold the phone.

@txcatx are you telling me that if I say "I didn't buy a ferrarri today.." then I can spend that money I um.. "saved".. on Sephora???

😉

Spoiler
kittens-in-car.jpg

Of course! With that restraint, go ahead and buy the entire Tom Ford collection, as well as a makeup artist. 😁

No, seriously, I calculated how much I was spending by eating out, happy hours, etc. When I cook my own meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks), I spend about $30/week. Before, I spent at least $60/week on lunch alone. It helps that my enabling coworker/lunch friend got a new job at a different company, and the rest of my coworkers rarely go out for lunch.

hehe I love it!

I buy those $1 michelina's microwave lunches to take to work, and then also bring other things to go with it, snack and stuff. Having something hot makes it feel more like a meal to me. Eating out really adds up quick. My work doesn't have a coffee machine and I stop at starbucks and get a plain coffee, but that still runs me $2.25 a day! I gotta bite the bullet and buy a cheap coffee maker for my office I think. 

@Insomniacmuffin where are you getting $1 Michalina's?  are you going to the states? Maybe I should check wal-mart for lunch food.....

Real Canadian SuperStore 😄

they go on sale all the time, stock up!

Untitled.jpg

That totally makes sense in my eyes! Shows what you order. 😄

Yes! Show us the pretties @Haleyhale lol

I was going to buy the ABH modern renaissance palette but it's out of stock on Canada site, so are all the lips and Boys except for 3 of them! @Mcakes 

Yes.  😜

I think this belongs in in the Queendom of Random..

I have a thread called adventures in bartering.. basically I email 40 thousand people who are selling things on craiglist I like, send them a list of stuff I have that I'd like to trade them for (instead of cash) and sometimes get lucky and find someone who wants to barter.

anyway... right now got this one guy who I contacted, says he wants to barter (awesome!) but now is acting like we are doing a 'let's get to know eachother cause our first date is coming up this weekend, yay!" thing that is both super interesting in a "people are so weird, I want to study them!" way, and also kinda creepy too. Nothing pervy, cause I'd shut that down.. just.. his questions remind me so much of online dating. I swear if he asks for a pic I'm going to die laughing, and he's totally getting this:

Spoiler
funold.gif

Anway, I really really want the item, so I'm sitting tight on this til our meet up next weekend and see what happens. At least life is interesting!

Edit:

I guess you could almost think of it romantic if you put a certain spin on it, and the outcome of this particular situation wasn't a HARD NOPE.. lonely guy selling a widget.. rando woman contacts him and magic happens... 

Spoiler

@InsomniacmuffinPlease be careful when meeting up with this guy.  I belong to a local police scanner group (they scan, I read about it,) and a LOT of bad stuff happens via Craig's List transactions.  Last week a guy was robbed at gunpoint meeting at a 7-11 during a transaction.  Our local police even recommend meeting in the precinct parking lot to do transactions because of that.

This made me laugh so much.

Thank you for this, @Insomniacmuffin

It reminds me of this guy who bought about 10 pairs of pantyhose off of me from Craigslist the other month.

I don't judge but when the guy started asking me if I wanted to see pictures of him in his pantyhose, I hesitated...but life works in mysterious ways and now we're married.

Spoiler

ha ha ha...I made up the last part.

Smiley Wink

the rest really happened and his # is saved in my phone as Do Not Pick Up

LMAO!

Just for fun I look-up my CL Barter and this is what I found!

hahahahah!  8 pounds of Splenda!

BARTER.jpg

What the?? Splenda, really??? 

That lawyer guy wants to trade a last will and testament document for a 'nice professional' watch!! 

Who needs a will and has an old GUCCI watch stashed in their jewelry box???   Lol!!!!

@darkiceis

That there is 4 opportunities for love... call now!! @wheeeee

6,152 Replies
testing