Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Me too @ShannonAlexis, me too 😄

Same. I don't even know why. Just very unappealing. 

WOW.  So not necessary for him to respond that way and to toss a little heart at the end of his post as if that "means" anything.  His post was 100% of the attitude he attempted to call you out on.  

and naturally their stans are coming out of the woodwork to toss in their two cents; really hate when "famous" people encourage their blind fans to attack people (intentionally or not)

@ElleElleG When I read his response, the first thing I thought was "How petty *I* sound?! How about you?! (Jeffrey Star)"

Petty may not be the word...in either case. I don't think anything I said sounded like i was jealous of her success, and I'm not knocking the fact that I couldn't get one (though the amount stocked was ridiculous). Just the whole attitude of not listening to any customers, or even acknowledging anything they are saying seems extremely tacky.

I assumed that they were stand attacking me. All he did was turn me off for his brand. So silly :/. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who found his comment to be really rude. Reaffirms my sentiments 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@ElleElleG OMG. That's exactly what I'm thinking. How inconsiderate he is, plus that "heart" just killed me....

I like his stuff but i'm not a blind fan, lol. 

also.

just found this. 🙂

I so want to try this O.O

Really good find @Blackwhiskey! I'm not sure that i'm that crafty, but it may be worth a try 🙂

I just did a look with my eyeshadows LOL same freaking payoff. OH and when i saw the graveyard vid, i mean i am not subscribed to her but i laughed at how little payoff that highlighter had so you ahve to use a stiff brush. so.. why would anyone go out of the way for this hi ghlighter buying a stiff brush? i mean elf has a cheap one but just.. bleh, too much trouble. and it applied streaky, i've seen some pictures and it doesn't look that amazing!!!

@Blackwhiskey I agree with your earlier comments about the emphasizing pores flaw of the bitter lace one, but I liked the lighter opacity I was seeing compared to some of the bolder ones of other indie brands. It just makes it more wearable? I mean, I know a rainbow on your face isn't really "wearable" in a lot of our day to day lives, but it works in my mind lmao.

Ah that's right - that graveyard girl review. I'd never heard of her before. Mocha sent me the video, and I couldn't get over how intense GG is :x.

I guess this is just a case of the fact that she got picked up by the right people at the right time!

Graveyard girl makes me laugh but she is kinda loud. My boy children love watching her so I sometimes watch her trying shizz vids with them 😛  I'll have to go watch the rainbow face vid now 

@Libellules

I unsubscribed to her because all she does is buy toys to see if they work. I think i subscribed when shed do more makeup tutorials that i liked, since she is quite unique. I like her as a person but her videos just didnt interest mr anymore becausr im not 13.

@kethry70 She is super duper intense lol. Didn't know, but apparently she is from Houston too.

also if it makes any of you feel better,  i'm pretty sure it wasn't because of JS that this sold out quite fast but because of graveyardgirl who posted about it on april 22. and she has way more followers.

Is Bitter Lace Beauty on Etsy or is this a different bitter lace?

@vegchililover78 The same. She did move her store off of etsy, which I think was smart because etsy would be too hard I think for that many people to try to get one and still be able to limit to 1 to purchase at the same time. The only thing is, with moving to a new site, it seemed like it was a glitch that it was sold out as soon as you hit add to cart. Apparently not. 

@Libellules Is it obnoxiously nosy of me to ask what happened?

@JenniferOhJenny Not at all. Basically, when her product sold out in 20 minutes seconds yesterday, there were a lot of people offering good advice in a very kind way (myself included. I even PMed her. A lot of people even publicly agreed with my ideas). She absolutely did not acknowledge any of it, only stating yesterday after the incident that she was basically going to keep doing what she's doing. To put in perspective, she had 67k followers on Instagram alone yesterday and only made 500 items. That wouldn't even satisfy 1% of people wanting to buy her product. 

Anyways, lots of people posted good advice (wait list, kick starter, etc.). No response. No acknowledgement. Next post is her today doing more self promotion for a product she will not produce enough of for people to actually get. And I called her out on it. The promo was of a pic of Jeffree Star. So he had something to say. He called me petty. Someone else called me rude. A lot more people said stuff but I didn't feel like getting ragey so I stopped paying attention. Except that it won't let me tag anyone so someone even called me out for not tagging Jeffree Star because I know I'd get "dragged" or whatever. 

Just Google "Bitter Lace Beauty Instagram." It all goes down on the most recent post.

Ahh, ok, thanks!

Edit: ...yikes...

@JenniferOhJenny Am I a b***? I really wasn't trying to be. I thought I was just being honest, but do find it annoying that she seems to be doing it on purpose. Which isn't very nice. 

6,152 Replies
testing