Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I once had one of the Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lip glosses in my back pocket when I went to a club in San Diego (was there to celebrate my cousin's graduation from Marine boot camp) and by the end of the night I realized I must have danced the gloss right out of pocket! LOL! 

Haha, a sign of a good time? RIP Pocket Rockets

That night was ridiculous. 

One guy was actually polite enough to ask if he could dance with me (versus just assuming and going right to grinding on me), so I said he could, but IMMEDIATELY it's like he's dry humping the back of me...ugh. I had to stop dead in my tracks, turn around to him and wave my finger in his face and shook my head saying "Nooooooo" before just telling him to back off.

I still have the repurchased PR gloss, there's hardly any left, but I keep it for the packaging.

That is why I stopped going to clubs, guys are gross. I LOVED the packaging, it was so amazingly absurd.

No! Not a pocket rocket!  I loved those even though they were the most absurd lip glosses ever.

Yes!!! Luckily at the time they were still being sold so I could buy another one. I can't remember the "name" of the shade/guy I had but it was the hot pink one with the hipster/scream-o guy with the black rimmed glasses and hot pink briefs.

I thought it was hilarious that UD was advertising a "pheromone" producing lip gloss just by rubbing a certain part of the packaging, but I liked the color!

A: New tattoo!  How exciting!  I would love to see a photo in the tattoo and piercing thread when it is healed! 🙂

B: Gah, I hate it when things fall out of pockets!!  I just picked up a replacement lip balm for my Aunt - hers fell out of her pocket somewhere, and they had discontinued the color (her favorite!).  Glad you could pick up a new one (and that you love it!). 🙂

@Milou07 this isn't a new tattoo, just a long overdue touch up. but we went over the entire thing, so it's healing almost like it's a fresh tattoo ! i take the second skin bandage off tomorrow, which will be a new experience....

if i lost a discontinued lipstick i'd cry ! i'm far too attached to my products. glad you were able to find her a replacement.

I had an interesting experience at Ulta today like it wasn't bad..it was just strange. Got the new employee and of course my head wasn't with me today so it was interesting... At least I got what I wanted and that's what counts

Two not so random thoughts:

1. However Ulta trains their CS to handle customer issues, they need to share their knowledge with other companies. I ordered some Lorac POTC stuff, the palettes and an lipstick, and the cheek palette was totally destroyed in shipping. I also had a UD GWP bullet broken as well. Everything else in my order was fine. But I contacted CS and told them what happened. No questions, didn't need proof, just processed a reshipment of the palette and issued a $15 gift card to replace the GWP lipstick that is no longer available. Brilliant!

2. I decided to give Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation a try for the summer and I absolutely love it! I've been wearing it for a few days now, and someone complimented my skin! It's so exciting when you give something a blind chance and it works out perfectly. 

I'll agree that Ulta provides awesome service online. I've had a couple of issues, and they are always super-quick to reship or refund if needed, or offer a gc for a missing/broken gwp. No questions asked, just a friendly "we are so sorry; here's your (new order confirmation/confirmation of refund/gc for your troubles). 

Heck, I placed an order a couple of days ago, and among the several items, one had a GWP attached. When the rest of the order shipped, I got a notice that this particular item was OOS and had been cancelled...but the shipment still includes the GWP that came with it, even though the item that earned it isn't being sent. 

They seem to be very customer-oriented. 🙂

It is really refreshing to hear about great customer service! 🙂

I was browsing around Mitsuwa (Japanese supermarket) looking for snacks and came across this!

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.47.54 PM.png

I really really wanted one, but couldn't decide since they're $19.99 each 😧 I just want the puff!! gimme me the puffs!! I wanted to purchase little twin stars but I feel the need to purchase both, not just one lol

@lisainprogress ah I had to find this in my notifications to let you know, but if you are ever in SF Japantown there is a shop that sells the Sailor Moon eyeliner!! I went there on Friday and was able to buy Chibi Moon's eyeliner pen so I already have Sailor Moon's. When I was there they just had Sailor Moon & Chibi Moon. They also have the wonder puffs that you posted in your picture and a gudetama beauty blender thing. 😄 I think it's called Candy Doll Beauty. They have a bunch of cute face masks too! I bought a cat one. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

That Gudetama powder is seriously calling my name..

@lisainprogress I know there's a mitsuwa about 30 minutes from where I live and I've never been there, so maybe I need to make a trip! They're all so cute but I would definitely choose Hello Kitty. She's my favorite. Although maybe I like her too much to use her. 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBT

I love mitsuwa! I enjoy adventuring over there to just see what they have. I always grab snacks, especially those DIY candy boxes that you can find on youtube (my nieces and nephew love those). The food court is also worth mentioning. Tempura and ramen 😄

Now their beauty section... I only ever purchase sheet mask, but I'm always lurking. They have a bit of everything. A few brands: Dolly wink, k-palette, kiss me.

Hello kitty will always be my favorite. I have plush from when I was 8 that sits on my bed.

@lisainprogress If we're talking about the one in San Jose, I heard the ramen place is amazing! My favorite ramen is in San Mateo though so hard to be unfaithful to that place. But I'm always down to find new favorites. 😄 

Ooooh, I've heard dolly wink has some amazing mascaras and eyeliners. One of my favorite eyeliners is from Japan but I doubt Mitsuwa would have it. It's from the Sailor Moon collection. 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBT Honestly, I've tried better ramen at other places. Mitsuwa is ok... it's nice if you're craving some ramen while you're shopping. 

My sister lives in Berkeley/Oakland and I always plan my visit around food I want to eat. I know there's probably some really great places in LA, but I always dream of food from the Bay. San Mateo reminded me of B Street & Vine (yummy bruschetta)

One of the main reason I always lurk around the beauty section in Mitsuwa is in hopes of finding that Sailor moon eyeliner. I heard really great things about it!

@lisainprogress There's lots of good food in both the Bay and LA! I plan my LA trips around what I want to eat too. 😄 I actually just went to B Street and Vine for the first time a few months ago. The bruschetta is really delicious! I love how they have so many options. 

I hope it shows up one day! I definitely recommend it. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

Super cute! I'll have to check out my local Mitsuwa. (I would get Gudetama because he is my spirit yolk)

6,152 Replies
testing