Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Not sure if any of that was directed at me (though my reply was like 3 pages ago :)) but my point was just that it would be good customer service to acknowledge that people were disappointed and maybe try to make things easier next time. I would say the same thing about big companies, too - particularly ones who release a LE item, watch people go nuts over it and pay $$$ to get it on ebay and then say oops, j/k it's permanent now. I wouldn't leave a comment on the company's IG or FB or whatever but that's just me. It took me months to comment here for the first time :).

LMAO guys. I wanted to show my boyfriend Jeffree Star this morning because I told him what happened. He blocked me on IG. So he basically did his drive by attack and then blocked me so I couldn't respond. That's mature. Oh well. Back to normal life 🙂

Lol I hate Jeffree Star, he's such a petty man. He's rude, immature and can't handle criticism, constructive or not.

@sabrinas he really is! I saw he called out Kylie Jenner for her lip kits. And it just sounded like he couldn't handle competition. Anyways. I blocked both his IGs and will be doing whatever I can to block discussion of him from my IG feed. As if I care what some rando "famous" person from the internets cares about me. 

@Libellules This irked me so much! Her lipgloss brushes were a big mishap in the first shipment, and people were angry and tweeting her. Jeffree apparently ordered one and lashed out to. Not too long after, she posted an update saying she was sending new lipgloss to everyone. Everyone. Whether they complained or not. Jeffree then posted something along the lines of "I guess it took my comment for her to realize she needed to do something."

I mean. Wow. How big is his head?

While on one hand I don't know that the callout was completely necessary in the first place, Jeffree and all the fangirls blew things WAY out of proportion. I hope you don't take it personally! Jeffree in particular should be able to rise above, but he seems to get a serious rise out of IG drama. I have no respect for that.

@TopazBeth Probably not. I know it wasn't my finest / most mature moment but it definitely wasn't my worst. I was just surprised by Jeffree Star caring. And apparently caring so much he has now blocked me? Just his "personal" IG, not the one for his cosmetics line, natch. 

Definitely never getting any money or kind words from me. 

He has a reputation for being a diva brat on social media. I can't believe he, of all people, called you petty. Pot, meet kettle!

Those people are disgusting. 

Its really making me rethink ordering anything from either of them. 

@StephaniLynn I'm sure I'm not exactly an angel in this! But yes, JS is officially on my "no buy/sh*t list." :x

I'm sorry that happened to you/:

I was referring to JS and the people that are keeping it going, gross personalities. 

Ugh....reading all of those instagram comments is infuriating. I managed to order one of the prism highlighters and I really regret giving money to a company that treats people like that. Jeffree Star included :S

LOL, I stopped reading after the first reply! It does alert me every time there is one though, so I caught a couple :S. Oooh @kso1225 you got lucky! I actually hope you enjoy it. I am interested to hear if this thing lives up to the hype, or if it is a pore enhancing disaster 😛

Getting Jeffree Star to promote products is a great way to get me to never buy them.

right? i remember jeffree star being sort of cool when i was a 13 year old scene kid, but i am afraid that i have out grown that whole aesthetic. kinda like lime crime or hot topic.

now i feel like a snob lol. but still!

I already had no use - and no money - for Jeffree and MannyMUA but this definitely seals the deal :x

I don't think nikkietutorials has been rude online that I have heard about (though crass, yes). But, I'm turned off of her, too,  by her association with JS :x

The only reason I own anything JS is because a former coworker now works at a beauty magazine and is BFFs with him. I get everything through her without having to give him my $$$. As a person, he drives me crazy.

So much yes. I get irrationally angry when I see trendmood posting about him. I don't care trendmood! If I could blacklist him, I would. 

How's that for petty?

I ferl the same about manny

LMAO @ShannonAlexis I completely understand your sentiments now :).

So happy to know I am not alone 😉

6,152 Replies
testing