Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I bought the L'Occitane almond duo last year during the VIB sale, but just used it tonight since I had some other lotions to finish up first. It smells great and the pump is awesome (much easier to do with lotion hands than squeezing a tube) but HOLY GLITTER. I feel like instead of going to bed, I should get dressed and hit the club. Hoping some of this wears off before work tomorrow...

There are currently only 5 sample options on the US site. How weird. o.O

foundation random thoughts !

i've rekindled my affection for NARS all day luminous weightless foundation. i know it gets mixed reviews, and i sometimes question NARS' wisdom in releasing a foundation that has such a steep learning curve (if you don't use it as intended it really can be a disaster). but i remember when it came out watching all these official NARS videos and tutorials, and so i felt lucky that the how-to for that foundation was really seared into my head.

i found a DS of their light optimizing primer in my foils/ds stash (score !) so i thought it was a good time to revisit this foundation. i like it better than ever. one pump / one drop is key. blending with fingers in sections on your face is key, too, as it sets quickly. and the past week i've found it really does stay all day ! and the coverage is amazing.

i remember i "moved on" from the foundation because i was craving a foundation with a creamier texture (i can't explain it, but it had something to do with skin comfort factor). i think i'd also kind of lost touch with how the NARS foundation was supposed to be used so i wasn't getting the best results from it. but i'm in love with it again, now. i'm happy to declare that this foundation as well as my GIVENCHY photo perfexion fluid foundation are my 2 favorite foundations, i get everything i want and need from these two.

back in august i got the new HOURGLASS stick foundation and was touting it as possible a new HG for me. i'm still impressed with it, but found my daily results with it to be inconsistent, so i became a bit disenchanted.

SO....if anyone bothered to read all that (ha, don't blame ya if you didn't)....anyone else have this sort of experience ? like: i rediscovered you and you are so much better than i ever realized

Does anyone recall the estimated ship date of the Storybook Cosmetics Wand pre-orders? I'm completely blanking and can't find the post /.\

Holiday came too early this year Smiley Sad With Insta, Snapchat, etc the sneak peeks are ruining the fun of finding out what new items will be released. And a lot of the "good" holiday sets are out of stock! It makes for a boring season. Also, items are coming and going OOO so fast it's hard to keep up (Sephora Holy Sheet mask set for instance). I know some of the peeks weren't intentional (*ahem* trendmood), but I wish more gift sets hadn't come out yet. It also makes it harder to budget because I feel like I have to buy early or miss out Smiley Sad

I am wondering if Ulta is being sneaky with the 20 percent sale with so many of the popular items out of stock online. I have been wanting the Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette but I waited too late to order online and it has been sold out for weeks. I also was waiting to order the ABH Mario palette at Ulta, but that too was out of stock. I thought I could a least order the ABH Renaissance palette, but nope, that too is out of stock online. 

I went to my local Ulta this  week and was able to purchase the Lorac Mega Pro 3 in store on Monday. The SA said they received a shipment on Friday. I went back to this same store on Friday to scope out products for the 20 percent off sale, and what do you know, they had a stack of the ABH Mario palettes along with at least 20 or more Lorac Mega Pro 3 palettes. So of course I purchased these items in store since they are sold out online and they are limited edition. 

It it just seems really suspicious that it's sold out online but stores are still getting shipments. The store I spotted the palettes at NEVER has stock of the popular palettes so I was shocked to see them there. I understand Ulta has a business to run, and they do whatever they have to do to maximize profits. Even if I didn't get the discount, I am really happy that I was able to get both of these limited edition palettes.

Katie was generous enough to send me a 20% off F&F code and I'd like to use it to buy a few of the holiday sets that we think are likely to sell out before the VIB sale starts. What do you think is likely to sell out? I'm definitely thinking the Sunday Riley kit but not sure what else.

While I was on youtube, on the side bar it recommended me to watch some Sephora Epic reward unboxing - I went down a hole.. Don't want to rehash any negativity as we all know it was disastrous, but there was a silver lining, it brought me to beautytalk 😘

As I was trying to watch the video - didn't watch it - I remember in vivid detail when the rewards "went live", what I was doing, where I was, and who I was with. It's weird that certain things trigger memories. Oh the memories... 😂

I figured upcoming Halloween parties would be the perfect time to experiment with some of the more dramatic K-pop eye makeup looks (particularly CL of 2NE1, who has incredible eyeliner game and many YouTube tutorials dedicated to achieving her aesthetic). Boy, am I noticing how many certain looks look amazing in selfies but terrifying in person! But I guess that's good for Halloween.

so after not being able to access BT for a few hours because of DYN server hack, i got sad. SO ! i thought i'd give some proper random beauty thoughts:

• i've rediscovered my love for BITE 'sake' lipstick
  • in fact i've rediscovered a lot of things this month so when i do my monthly favorites there will likely be a lot of repeats / older products
  • found a sample of ex idolo "thirty-three" perfume (an aged oud & rose concoction) and i'm obsessing. i've never found an oud scent that smells so fresh. there's almost a metallicness to it which makes me think of blood. it instantly shot up my to-get list (helllooooo christmas list !)
  • i can't wear sunday riley's luna oil regularly, but if my skin is in a trouble spot, and is having difficulty getting over a "hump" to feeling normal again...this solves it. this actually has been a theme for a lot of my oils lately: luna, REN vita mineral omega oil, tata harper replenishing nutrient complex....it's like skin first aid
  • i discovered that the FIRST ingredient in the bobbi brown corrector is petroleum. um, no thanks. 

Any know that feeling when you have seemingly never ending lip products, yet somehow don't have the particular shade you want for the day/outfit?

Did anyone else get a derpy Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette? My bark and eggplant shades are switched. I don't mind, I'm just curious.

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot apply the DE c-firma serum on my forehead, it makes it break out. But I can put it every where else on my face!

combo skin, you keep things interesting

Did anyone else pre-order the Storybook Cosmetics want brush set?

I'm totally geeking out!

Benefit has an palette called Cheekathon that reminds me of an episode of Daria where the Fashion Club participates in a Blushathon.

Placed a Beautylish order at 3:35 pm, received talking info at 5:22pm. Why can't all retailers be this quick?!

Fixing to start my diy UD lipstick palette.

Tips? Tricks? All suggestions are welcome lol.

I keep spritzing nice scents of me right before I have to godo something that will largely remove them. I just put some Guerlain Myrrhe Et Delires on my wrists but I have to go wash off a mask now.. sigh Smiley Sad

Sidenote: Myrrhe Et Delires is absolutely lovely! It seemed a bit too sweet when I first received my 5ml decant in summer, but now that it's cooler, I love its spicy warmth.

Not sure what kind of person this makes me but Brandy's song "have you ever" came on the radio today and I fell into a trance with my eyes glazed over thinking about my modern mercury highlighter.

I went through my Sephora faves list today, as I like to call it my wish list. Thought I deleted a bunch of things. I went from 14 pages to....14 pages. Smiley Sad

Sephora accepts paypal now?  It came up as an option on the mobile site.  Pretty neat! I've seen this request numerous times from various customers.

5,972 Replies