Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'm mobile and too lazy to find the specific thread, but I just left SiJCP and there were three Sweet Peach palettes just sitting there totally unbothered. No one seemed to even notice them except me. It amused me a lot more than it should have. I don't know if it's because they announced that they're making it permanent or if it's just that no one in my area cares about it, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter to be honest.

Really after all that peach madness it is going to be permanent 😂😂😂 Why it is becoming a norm like Becca x Jaclyn hill highlighter.

There's an article on allure's website about a highlighter-blush-contour hybrid that is perfect for lazy girls. Great, right? Except that you have to MAKE IT YOURSELF. I mean, if I'm so lazy that I don't want to use three different products (some days, for sure!), why would I be motivated enough to go out and buy mica and whatever and make my own makeup?

So who else got some random PM on BT to fill out a questionnaire?

From an intern at tioga research labs?  They asked for my mailing address so they could get my opinion on numbered skincare samples.  

No can do.  Not that I'm not curious, but if I don't know what's in them then I'm not putting them on my skin.  

Me four. 

Me three.

Me too.

I've gotten them before, usually from other users who are doing a research project for school or something. 

Anonymous Insider

Now that they are on sale I bought 3 UD revolution lipsticks, justified it because I had an offer for Ulta. Then today I bought 3 more from Sephora... justified it since I liked the first three so much. 

I now have Bittersweet, 1993, After Dark, Manic, Sheet Anarchy and Sheer Slowburn. These are among the longest and prettiest lasting lipsticks I have tried so far. Especially positively surprised by the sheers. Lipstick lasts very long on me anyway (usually all day for creams and mattes) but I did not expect similar performancd with the sheer ones. Also I don't get to wear bright pinks and oranges daily to work but I felt okay with the sheer versions. 

I also have some irrational excitement for all the shades I picked being in the new permanent line. As if I will finish 6 lipsticks in the foreseeble future...;)

My vanity area is such a disaster and just keeps getting worse and the worse it gets the more hopeless the situation seems.

I keep looking at various acrylic clear organizers but they all look like they hold so little. And the nice ones I really like are so shockingly expensive. I've been telling myself for years now I'm going to completely rehaul the desk I'm using so I've never put a lot of effort into keeping a perfect order to everything but I'm losing stuff regularly and finding that I don't like spending time at my vanity anymore because it stresses me out (which I never want my makeup to do!!!). I've GOT to figure something out. Even one new lipstick poses a problem at this point - there is no room at the inn anymore. 😞

I have most of my makeup in an acrylic organizer I got from Amazon for around $40, from River Colony Trading. It has 3 drawers and a tray on top, is probably 8"wx10"lx8"h, and it holds what was my makeup collection until I went nuts later in the year, lol. It's not going to solve your lipstick problems, but it's a nice organizer that won't break the bank.

Thank you! I will search that brand out tomorrow! Something has got to be better than nothing anyway right now. 

So I don't know whether River Colony Trading is the brand, or just the seller on Amazon. Either way, I spent a bunch of time searching through the options on Amazon in the fall, and this one was the best combo of quality, price, and size that I came up with.

So here's another thing that's changed about the forums: the way they display posts that have received hearts (in your Hearts Activity page I mean, not in the threads). Before, there would be an entry in the list for every heart given to you, so if a post had received multiple hearts there would be multiple entries in the list. Now they've changed that; each post has only one entry in the list, even if it's received multiple hearts.

When I first started using BT, I would have liked this change, but now I find it...meh. It makes it more difficult to count down the list and see how many different posts have received hearts since you checked last, if you have posts with multiple hearts on. Before, I could be like "I have 5 more hearts now, so the top 5 entries are where those hearts went," and now it's not obvious where each of the 5 hearts went unless the top 5 entries on the list are posts with 1 heart each.

So this is actually even worse than I thought - the list of hearted post is organized by when you posted them, not when they were hearted. Sooo it's basically impossible to keep track of when people heart your older posts now, because they don't rise to the top of the thread.

Argh.

In other news, apparently the only way to make sure people know you've seen their post is to reply and tag them in it. 😠

Glad I'm not the only one. All these changes are messing up my mojo... First the font, then the notifications going to spam, and now this Smiley Mad

Have you noticed the change they've done to how threads are displayed? Sometimes it'll show the usual threads (WAYWT, colour challenge, beauty peeves, etc...), and other times it'll show recent threads. Like questions or ones that aren't high traffic. What's going on??? :S

random thought indeed:

if i were asked to list my top 3 favorite foundations, i think i could do it. (proper foundations, not including tinted moisturizers or skin tints here....only because i'd just have to think about this more haha)

1. giorgio armani luminous silk foundation. the thing i probably love about this foundation the most is how flawlessly buildable it is. i know some people have said it breaks them out, but i've never had this problem (and i break out rather easily)

2. givenchy photo perfexion fluid foundation. i lovvvve this. the only reason why it comes second to my giorgio armani, i think, is because it just doesn't last as long. i've found that when i pair it with a primer i get better longevity. it builds really wonderfully too, if needed. i find the thicker consistency (which isn't thick once blended) oddly soothing as well.

3. nars sheer glow foundation. this was my go-to for years. i haven't used it in a good while, but i'd be totally happy and confident to return to it (which i likely will some day, because siberia is a perfect match for me)

unsolicited, and random !

I love giorgio foundation but i need to get a lighter shade when i buy it again. It looks good when i apply but it oxidizes a bit infeel if i go lighter then when it oxidizes itll be perfect. I love the finish 

I need to get a sample of the Armani foundation. I swatched it once and was instantly wowed by the formula.

Me too! I've never seen it in person since my local stores don't carry Giorgio Armani, but the praise it has... I'll need to head downtown one day to the flagship store and just get lost in there 😄

6,152 Replies
testing