Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I miss her, too. She sent me a pm today, but I could not respond. She still has hers turned off. 

Same here! Well when she's ready to come back she knows we are here for her. 

The epilator I ordered arrived today so I've been torturing myself in the name of smooth skin for the last hour. So far, the place that's hurt the most: underarms. The least: tops of the feet and toes.

UPDATE - Most painful area: tops of the thighs. Why did I do that.

You are my hero! I bought one, used it for 30 seconds, and will never touch it again! Soo much pain! 😞

How/where did you use it? After using it for the last couple of days I have learned some tricks to make it less painful and more effective. It definitely works better on shorter hair, so you need to do it sections instead of all at once.

Ughhhhh upper lip is the WORST to me! Give me death over that again! 😭 

I've been working with shaving+Silk'n Flash & Go laser hair remover and hoping it solves all my problems! So far it has been most successful for my underarms.

The upper lip hasn't been too painful for me, but it doesn't seem to be picking up a lot of hair. So that might be why it doesn't really hurt. It's worked pretty well on the chin though. Not super painful, either. 

I've been seriously considering investing in an epilator. In your experience, is it effective at getting all the hair?

Well, I just started using it today so I'm still playing around with it. I have a 60 tweezer one, so it's supposed to work better than the ones with fewer tweezers. So far though, it seems like it does a nice job of removing hair in smaller areas, toes, upper lip, places like that, and were the hair is finer. If you're willing to put in the time and put up with the pain it's supposed to last a long time and overtime the hair will stop growing back. 

The things we do in the name of beauty lol. How bad does it hurt exactly?

Ummm, it's not so unbearable that I won't do it again, but it's definitely something to do in pieces instead of all at once. On the low pain areas, it just sort of tickles a bit, but on the higher pain areas it stings more. It's hard to explain, but from what I can tell, so far, it's less painful on finer hair. The root isn't as big in finer hair, so it's not having to work as hard to rip it out. 

Ulta now carries Shiseido:)

Thanks for sharing, that is great news!

4GRRBtKrdiFDa.gif

I saw that! Even though I don't use Shiseido products, I love seeing Ulta carrying more and more. 

Ordered the Soko set and now I'm worried about how the hot weather is going to cook the skincare. : 0  

anyone else worried? also, I renewed flash to get it and now there's a ton of great stuff in the sale section omg...

Trying to paint my face in the morning while my 1 and 2 year olds destroy my dressing room and beat me with objects should be an Olympic event.

LOL I feel ya! It's worse than an obstacle course! 

You know all the companies that do pretty imprints on their pressed powders?  The ones that make it so that you don't actually want to use the product?

You know how, when you start to make an impression on your pressed powder, you start to see the ridges that are at the bottom of the pan?

What if companies put the same (or a variation on) design that they imprint on the bottom of their pans?  That way you lose the design for a little bit, but then as you use the product, you get it back, or get another one?

^^^Things I think as I'm powdering my face in the morning with a powder that has neither a pretty imprint nor an interesting pan.

Lorac Pro 3 or ABH Modern Ren?

I have the Lorac Pro 2 which I absolutely LOVE but the shades on the 3 look...uninspiring? Personally, I would go with the ABH (and I actually do intend to purchase if it swatches nicely in stores 🙂 Let me know what you end up with though! #eyeshadowforever.

@makeupbag2

I think I've settled on the ABH palette. Since I have the $10 coupon for my birthday I'm planning on stacking it with my 20% off coupon and a gift card at Ulta:)

6,152 Replies
testing