Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Sorry I missed this when you originally posted @notcreative ! (Darn Pokemon Go fever 😛  ) I agree with you 100% 

There are plenty of online forums/communities out there that seem impossible to break into but BT is such a natural fit. We all share a bond to a common interest and it in turn brings us all together. 

Beauty is such a broad statement as it truly lies in the eye of the beholder but BT in particular constantly builds confidence up instead of tearing it down. It is such a refreshing quality about the caliber of the active audience, one that I am very happy to be a part of. 

Much like yourself I was not active immediately, but as time progressed and all of the personal interactions I have had with the members were overwhelmingly positive it was hard to stay away! 

While it is unfortunate a lot of the OG's are no longer around or are barely around I am happy I still have you and some of our other active members to keep things lively around here. I mean...someone has to keep @candacebt entertained right?! 😛

I am not sure when I first joined BT. But didn't become more active until 2013 when I became a stay at home mom. I regularly stalked 😉 the Sephora website and then one day wandered to BT. But I think it was quite a while before I posted anything. I think BT is very positive and I haven't had any negative experiences. 

^ well written and true! 👌🏽

Thanks. I appreciate the well written comment, considering I started multiple sentences in a row with the same leadoff word. In professional writing, I would never do that, but I figure she will probably not quote the entire thing (at least in a row) and only use snippets. Her writing style is different from mine, so I am interested in seeing how she ties it all together. She was kind enough to link examples of her work.

@notcreative

If it's not for someplace like Yahoo, you're probably safe regarding having your entire response taken and published, with the 'writer' then attempting to pass it off as their own plus maybe a couple of other responses which would be similarly misrepresented...:P

And a Yahoo 'writer' wouldn't even be decent enough to run spellcheck before it goes online...they'd even misspell words you didn't in the original! (not that you had any errors or anything, just...ehhh you know, explaining). The caliber of their 'articles' is such that if the subject is a picture, or someone's new 'look', there will be NO IMAGE anywhere much less the one pertinent to what the stupid 'article' is about!

*Use of '...' around certain words is to convey how loosely the definition of said words can be applied while still being considered valid.

This makes me curious to read something on Yahoo. I am not worried about her taking my words and claiming them as her own. I just would not want her to just quote my two paragraphs in a row and hope she mixes them into her writing. If I thought she would have quoted them in a row, I would have written them more professionally. When I wrote them, I just wrote them as I would if I was talking to someone. I also wrote them in a pm, so there was no spell check.

@notcreative

Hahaha, don't do it! Reading just about any 'article' on Yahoo will reveal that the job of editor has been eliminated, they obtain their stories from other sites and don't bother to proofread (maybe I expect too much but if they're going to publish articles from various outlets, Yahoo can at least use spell check before clicking "post"!) - an article about the latest hair color trends is likely to have no pictures whatsoever much like an article about some celebrity's new hairstyle fails to have a picture of this new look.

I don't bother to even attempt reading the stuff on political and current events, but that's mostly because of the horrendous mentality illustrated in their comment sections. I already have too many days when a meteor wiping out humans similar to what happened to the dinosaurs or spontaneous eruption of all super-volcanoes at once with the same extinction outcome sounds like a good idea.

That made me laugh. I hate professional typos. My SIL tells me my work sometimes has them, but she never tells me as she sees them. She just tells me she remembers seeing some last time she read something. Maybe, I could write for Yahoo. Only kidding! 

You and my oldest sister would get along well. She has no tolerance for mistakes in the written word. Thankfully, she never reads beauty posts, or I am sure she would rip me to shreds.

It's been a week and i'm still going to the gym. It feels good to work on my "inner beauty."

Anonymous Insider

Good job! It's so hard to get started with fitness, and stick to it. I am on the same boat... though it does not feel good to me 😛 here's hoping I start enjoying it soon too

Sorry I have been MIA these past couple of days...but I've been getting my nerd on with Pokemon Go 😛 Anyone think one of the cosmetic companies will do a collab? I would be in serious trouble. I would literally have to get it all! 

LOL @Mcakes, are we the same person? Literally posted a similar message a minute before your's LOL

I just saw it @m26430 lol 

100% Should do. 

Is anybody else on BT playing Pokemon Go? It's basically the sole focus of my life right now lol 🙂

Me! I got like 7 pokemon on my walk to the subway this morning!

Does this game have a lot of in app purchases in it? I kinda wanna play but I don't want to keep spending money to get "unstuck" on a level or something.

No, there are no "power-up" type purchases. There are in-app purchases, but there is no need to buy anything to keep playing the game.

You can get most of the items (apart from storage space upgrades I believe) by visiting "Poke-stops" for free, which if you live in a city should be all around (they are at places like outdoor art, points of interest like commemorative plaques, things like that). Some are rarer than others, but the ones you are unlikely to find are not necessary for advancement or anything (they are the ones that attract more pokemon to your area I think). And you get an assortment of items, including the rarer ones, every time you level up.

Basically, if you're willing and able to walk around outside for a bit, you can get the full game experience without paying a dime.

Meeee lol

I was thinking we should start a thread for it in the off topic. I finally caved and got it earlier today.

6,152 Replies
testing