Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Awww thank you @txcatx! Glad you stuck around 🙂

AwwwwThanks @txcatx!   I am so glad you are here! 🙂

I will almost always (sometimes I forget) heart a post that I respond to, unless the original post was negative/offensive.

I will also heart posts with photos, helpful posts, etc. But I agree that I've also noticed that some people don't heart at all, even if they are HOFers themselves.

I find that so very true. I would contribute and get hearts for it now not so much which as you said does take someone out from a TSB, etc trades you may want to participate in. 

I've noticed this, too, after my very long break/time off from BT. Was wondering what happened, and what is that all about. Not just new people. Some older BTers are doing the same, too. Hearts are not essential, but as @malday said - they are still a nice gesture.

This is a good point! I'm still very much in the old habit of hearting, but I throw in a few tags every once in a while. The hearts are still a nice gesture.

@malday@lyravega

I hadn't been on BT during the time these changes took place.  I do appreciate tags a lot, good way to notify someone.

"Hearts" have very little value for the most part.  However many on the board still use it as a criteria for TSB or what have you (or even to trade).  So in that context, it still has some use I think.

@greenchilli You've made some great points. I'm of the mindset that a post is worth heart'ing when I agree with the post or want to show my appreciation. There are many cases where people don't heart a post for whatever reason. I believe that tagging, as you've indicated is one of the reasons. Another could be that people (newcomers) aren't familiar with the heart'ing feature. It's also possible that people are just lazy (I'm guilty of this from time to time). All that said, it's nice to know that a person is recognized for their contribution to the community with a heart at the very least. 🙂

I am lazy in the opposite way 😉 O still throw hearts like popcorns 😂 (I like this term GC!) So much that more than often I heart then unheart and then heart and so on because I can't remember I hearted it earlier. I am lazy to type actual comments though.

@fatimamummy I am also guilty of throwing hearts around like popcorn!  Lol 🍿 

I think the heart/unheart thing is a little confusing - I have accidentally unhearted posts when I didn't realize I had already hearted them....

I do this, too! I heart lots of things, mostly when I agree with what is being said but I don't feel like I have anything new/interesting enough to say to warrant an actual comment.

I wish I could give you another ❤ for this!

I get what you are saying.  I've always tried to heart as many posts as possible because to me I am saying thank you to the poster. Thank you for participating. Thank you I read your comment. Etc.  Just really wish it was like before where the heart would be greyed out if you hearted the post... so much easier to follow where I was in the thread or convo with that "feature" 🙂  I think it's nice to heart willy nilly 😄

@greenchilli 

I have been mulling over the same issue! I see people who, when you look at their profile history, have contributed PAGES of content, and have less than a TSB entry of hearts. I try to balance this by spending a little time going through and hearting their history to give them the recognition they deserve, but it would be great if we all (me included, I can be bad on mobile especially) dropped some hearts a little more generously to those that contribute.

Just to clarify, not a plea for hearts for myself.. I'm good 😄

I wish I could give you an extra heart for your cute beagle in your profile pic, every time I see it around BT it makes me smile 🙂 !

Ditto to what kimmie said - your pup has the sweetest face! ❤️

@kimmiec2524

Would you like a freeloading, unemployed, entitled, demanding, manipulative, but hella cute and cuddly Beagle for Christmas? 🙂

Thank you for noticing his cute face.  My pup is almost 9 now.  I only work so he and his brother (a 4yr old pittie) can live a life of luxury.  

I am a glorified housekeeper.

@greenchilli

Sign me up, I already have his freeloading, unemployed, entitled, demanding, manipulative, hella cute and cuddly long lost beagle sister in my apartment :)! I too, am a glorified housekeeper so my dog can live a better life than I do haha! Beagles have such cute little faces, which only aids in their extreme manipulation!

Spoiler
ww44w.jpg

Randomly saw a Dose of Colors van getting gas in LA. Of all the things lol

You should have asked if they have any of that free candy. 😄 jk

6,152 Replies
testing