Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@angel7594 Thank you!  It was so fun!

Wow @meganlisa!! You look beautiful, and, like you had lots of fun!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

@Randell It was a lot of fun!  I hope they expand the program.

So, I live in an old, drafty Victorian. Every year or so, a mouse makes it into the house, and my cat takes care of it -- usually by leaving it as a gift for me beside my bed. She's a doll like that.

Last night, I woke to find my dear little Pixie pawing around in my makeup bag that was in my knocked over tote bag next to the bed. I have a fortune's worth of makeup in there, so I zipped it up so she couldn't wreck anything.

This morning she was still at it. I picked up the clear makeup bag to see that, in the middle of the night, I had zipped a live mouse inside it. I'm not sure who was more scared, me or the mouse.

The mouse is alive and doing well in the neighbor's large backyard now. I am going to be spending a LOT more at Sephora's spring sale, cause I'm not touching mouse-tainted makeup lol.

We get mice regularly living in the country, I am terrified one will get in my makeup storage spots! Eat up my samples and crawl over my lip stuff 😞 😞 lol

omg this is TERRIFYING! 

I cannot believe that happened. Poor makeup, poor mousey!

@Adriadne, sorry to hear about the make-up but I love that the mouse had a happy ending Heart they are such cute little scamps 🙂

Maybe she just wanted to look like this?

BP TofG.jpg

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

Oh my gosh! I'm in panic for you just reading this but I also can't help but to giggle a bit...and then go right back to panic and fear.

Oh no! I'm not sure who I feel worse for! Although I guess your makeup bag is going to feel pretty happy with the new makeup coming. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

this may be my favorite story i've ever come across on BT. 

OMG!  This is the scariest story I've ever heard, girl! I don't blame you for replacing your stash!@Adriadne

Order.jpg

... Sephora we need to invest in a larger variety of boxes and better shipping practices overall. The amount paper packed into the box weighs more than the product alone. 

The only retailer that is more wasteful than Sephora is The Bay. Yesterday my GWP arrived separately from my order in a HUGE box maybe 4x bigger than this Sephora box. For a moment I thought maybe I ordered something under the effect of medication that I don't remember. SMH

OMG!  Nordstrom is notorious for doing this!  What a waste!  😞😞😞

LOL at least they put paper in the box!

I think many of us have gotten beauty orders from The Bay where they ship ONE thing in a huge box, and no paper.

Just recently, they split up my order of the Burberry silk and bloom blush which came with a primer sample. Well, the primer sample came from a different location than the blush (warehouse), and they shipped it in one box that I probably could've fit my cat in. No paper.

Surprisingly, the blush shipped from the store so it arrived in a palm sized box, and the blush was wrapped in a single sheet of packing paper which fit snugly inside. Sensible.

That's true, I should be happy they added paper at all for some protection.

Also that is ridiculous @k617

@k617 Something like this recently happened to me too. I got a sample of a kiehl's moisturizer. They sent it in a box so big I could have fit a large baking sheet in it. The thing I actually bought got cancelled, LOL. I don't know how anyone packs these boxes and thinks "yes, this is reasonable."

@Asche that's terrible! And I actually had a pang of worry when they told me that my primer sample shipped but not the blush--I thought maybe they'd cancel the blush.

They need to sort their shipping logistics out!

LMAO wow @Asche!  It can't be THAT hard to stock a variety of boxes for shipping.  Especially if the company sells items that range in size/weight/etc.

Pixi beauty products are actually nice. 

Never expected to like it, but since all their items are cheap (compared to Sisley I've been using), I just ordered few items and I like them all, shockingly. 

I think I'll repurchase even. Any particular recommendations among their products??

@HoneydewK yay ! i adore pixi !!!!

i wholeheartedly recommend what @StephaniLynn listed below, too ! the glow tonic (in either a bottle or pad form) if you like glycolic toners / exfoliation is so so lovely. the glow mud cleanser is AMAZING as a second cleanse (can also be used as a quick mask) and i refuse to be without it (this contains a little glycolic in it as well), and the glow mud mask is my HG clay/mud mask. 

i also recommend the caroline hirons collab 'double cleanse' balm and cream. the cream, in particular, is so lovely--and totally fine for oily skins. it's been said that this is limited edition, though i've heard there's a push to release the cream side as an independent cleanser all on its own. (fingers crossed !)

they have a load of mists. i've found the glow one--which contains argan oil--too heavy for my skin, unfortunately. but the hydrating milky mist ? FAVORITE OF ALL TIME. like, absolutely favorite mist i've ever tried, and it's $15. there's a new mist that contains sunscreen which i think may be brilliant for summer but i haven't tried it yet.

6,090 Replies