Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Ok! Why don't we start it on the first Sunday Funday of this month @wheeeee? The 5th I think. new color/shadow everyday is a good thing. This won't exclude us from using old ones it just pushes us to use 1 or more new ones! 

Do you remember the color/look challenges from about a year ago? Year and a half ago? Each week was a specific theme, warm neutrals, winged liner, sparkle, etc., and you'd do you makeup with that look for the day. We could try something like that again! 

I like a new shadow every day! 

@txcatx @Mcakes when you say new shadow / day, do you mean wearing one color (all over the lid) / day? Or adding in a new untouched shadow (in your collection) every day?

I like the idea either way! I also really like @alexasteph's suggestion of weekly themes. Maybe this can roll into one of those themes

Option 1: will help others discover fast & easy eyeshadow looks for work

Option 2: will lead to some great product reviews 

@whitepolkydots I was thinking to just incorporate a new shadow (or more!) into your look every day. This way you have the freedom to do whatever you want to suit your comfort level/consider work appropriate but you're still making an effort to use new colors or shadows. 

Same. There are a few colors in my Modern Renaissance palette that I haven't gotten around to experimenting with, so this would be the type of challenge to get me out of my eyeshadow comfort zone!

I like the idea of a single shadow challenge.

They often are forgotten and get oh so lonely sitting in their drawers/storage. (I just counted 40 without even trying.) 

Another lipstick challenge would be great because Odin knows, we all have enough to do 25 days ten more times..Smiley Wink

A skin care one? Masks, treatments, etc? @txcatx @Mcakes @wheeeee @Libellules

I like this one, too!  @alexasteph

@txcatx I was just thinking about this! I wanted to do an eyeshadow challenge lol. *looks over at neglected palettes and singles*

EYESHADOWWW 😄 just ordered 15 colourpop ones in addition to the several palettes I have unused

Drinks!  Wine, Tea, Beer, Coffee, Anything! 

I already started my own in January!  

I need my kitchen cabinets BACK!!!!  lol!

@txcatx

Alternatively, sleep @wheeeee lol.

I want to suggest highlighters, because I feel like I have a month's worth. BUT. I don't think I can do my makeup every day...or even most days this month lol.

@Libellules

Highlighters are so pretty but I never know how to apply it since I don't wear a face full of make-up.

do you want to do Eyeshadows, instead this month???

I never realized how much having extra "stuff" in my life stressed me out. Over the weekend, I had been trying to figure out where I can put a mini desk (because I really want a desk) in my tiny room and I realized that I could place the theoretical desk in my closet. Now this would require me getting rid of some clothes and that's what I did. I got rid of about 50% of my clothes (and I didn't have a lot of clothes to begin with) and I'm now able to fit a desk in there. But once I got rid of all of the extra clothes, it felt like there was a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I didn't even realize that I was bothered by the amount of clothing that I had. It was crazy.

That being said, it reminds me of how I feel when I have more than two or three of any make-up/skin care item at a time.

Congrats!! 😄 

I am in an ongoing never ending battle with my clothing. It drives me nuts. It's even worse that my wardrobe doesn't fit everything in it. But I'm planning to get a new closet storage system. 

I started doing the "capsule wardrobe" a couple years ago and have loved it.. I do keep a bit more than they recommend out, but rotating things has helped me keep re-loving things and from getting bored with the same clothes. I have also implemented a 1 in-1 out rule with my closet for the most part, which has really helped keep the clutter down. I agree that I feel so much better when things are organized, have homes, and are simpler. Hope you love your new desk!

I don't know what 'capsule wardrobe' is but I think I do something like this.

I think it was when we were in school and it was a fashion show....we just wanted new clothes for every day.

After living out of 30 kilos for 7 years straight I love having a smaller wardrobe. 

I have really nice staple pieces I wear every day.  I love it!  I always look chic and people know my things are totally me!  

I've been sick for the past few days and it's put a total damper on my energy :(.

My nose is raw and sore from how much it's been running and me blowing my nose left and right. I finally got it the dried skin under control so at least I don't look like a flaky Rudolf, but *sigh* I'm dreaming of when I can breathe properly out of both nostrils again and won't be randomly coughing. I've even reeled my super basic makeup routine for work back because as often as I'm blowing my nose I don't want to just make a mess of tissue rubbing off my lipstick and I've even skipped liner and cream shadow as I don't want to deal with the possibility of watery eyes.

I'm in need to doing a round of exfoliation, fingers crossed I have enough motivation to use one of my Ole Power Bright Peels tonight when I'm home from work. I hit up Marshall's this weekend and saw the Ole blueberry enzyme mask for $11 but couldn't bring myself to buy it because I have so many masks and sheet masks to use at home. I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt for not buying it now, but I know I'll be okay without it.

I am eyeballing a new corset though, I've got one fully seasoned and another that is just about seasoned/broken in so it's not like I'm in any shortage or actual need of a new one....BUT the one I am considering is on sale and prettyzzzzz!!!!

@lylysa

I hope you got it. Sale is my middle name and if you wanted it before the sale, its meant to be.

Plus, you've got to break this one in, too. The sooner you get it..........Smiley Wink

Feel better soon!

Thanks, EvangelineDamon!

I know....I think I'm taking the plunge today when I get home! Yay for corset #3!!!!

6,152 Replies
testing