Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Today is the first time in years or maybe just a year, that I've worn mostly full face make up...so I thought. No eye liner or mascara because of eyeball issues. I decided to look up one of the samples I used, I really like the product. Turns out I'm wearing two primers instead of a primer and a foundation lol. 

That's awesome! 😜  I bet you are rocking both of those primers and no one can tell that one of them is not foundation. ❤️  @Samtian

@Tamara76 I have the Burberry Sheer Fluid and the Too Faced Papa Peach Blush, its a beautiful combo on my cheeks. I don't think the other primer did anything lol. 

Lol!  That sounds lovely, though! 💕

Problem: bad stomachache

Proposed solution: tacos

Result: badder stomachache

IMG_0515.JPG

Oh no @shimmerbait!!! Hope you are feeling better!

@veronika23  haha I blame the pantyhose

LOL 😄

😞   Hope you feel better soon!

Forget the problem, think of the solution 😄

Why are the cans of pasta sauces and tomatoes on the top shelves in the supermarkets? I am short and can never reach the ones that I want without help (short people do eat pasta with sauce!).

Similarly,there is something about the mirrors that Sephora has at end of their  displays. I don't know if it is just me but I can never get them to angle well enough for me to see how the makeup looks on me. There's never enough light around the mirror either. I have to wait to use one of the mirrors at the stations with the makeup removers and sample tools or grab a mirrored compact to see my face. 

I tried an eos lip balm years ago and decided I didn't think they moisturized my lips. But I got one today as part of a v-day present. It's pink with white swirls, so cute! I tried it and I really like it! I wonder if it's my perspective that's changed or the formula of this one.

i've had my dipbrow for 2+ years and there's plenty left, but i bought a new one anyways 😛 NOW i remember why people say it has a learning curve.. guess i'll be aging this new one until it dries up a bit

Haha, I'm relating to this pretty hard today. Didn't even buy a new one, just went into a part of the jar I hadn't touched before. Even after spending what felt like an eternity trying to fix it, I still have one noticeably darker chunk of eyebrow today haha.

I love my skincare bin! I made a vow to stop buying all skincare until I take care of this ridiculously overwhelming stockpile. But tonight I needed a new face scrub, and I love having so much to choose from. It's mostly deluxe samples from Boxycharm & Sephora Play, point perks, freebies, plus lots from Sephora Favorites kits and the like. 2015-2016 me couldn't t say no to a sale 😄 I use the same CeraVe cleansers 4-5x a week, so I can introduce 1-2 new things without much fear of breaking out. Almost everything is from brands I know & trust. If I had more friends I'd give some of it away but I'll just have to enjoy it all alone 🙂

IMG_1317.JPG

I almost died when I saw this! I have the same exact bin full of stuff I'm trying to use up.

I love vintage beauty ads, and this Revlon one has the cutest llama in it! 

vintage-beauty-ad-1950s-revlon-36.jpg

That nail polish looks like the first Christian Louboutin Nail Colour prototype.  

love vintage ads...especially the sexist ones because they make my laugh so much! 

pep.JPG

Spoiler
And by "laugh" I mean  01.JPG

tumblr_nnyjvyzQSZ1r7n60lo1_500.gif

OMG!  That is awesome! 💕 (I wish there were a llama emoji!).  @angel7594

@Tamara76, That emoji would get a lot of use! 😄

I had no idea that there was another compound that could be used to deal with acne. I really didn't think about it until I stumbled across an article citing the differences between benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Huh, the more you know 😉

6,152 Replies
testing