Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I feel like I'm always reviving this thread, but...over the weekend, a friend I hadn't seen in months told me there was something different about me and asked if I was in love. 

My first thought: Well, it can't be love considering that I very recently got so mad at a boy that I drank some vodka and booked a trip to Bosnia, Hungary, Serbia, and Croatia. 

My second thought: What illuminating products did I use this morning? 

My conclusion: Radiance came from an Hourglass holiday palette from a few years ago. Not love. 

"nah, it's just a highlighter" - LOL Smiley Very Happy

@txcatx ... and this is why i love this community! You're a smart woman and thank you for the Monday laugh Heart and yes thank god for highlighters 😉

@txcatx This had me cackling in my office 🙂 I understand the feeling, I moved halfway across the country to get away from an ex. What can I say, I'm no good with confrontation! An international trip sounds like heaven!

Gotta love Hourglass! Who needs love when you've got high end makeup to fill your heart's desire 🙂 

@MissPuff I think this whole conversation just convinced me that I need this year's Hourglass palette. I've been able to resist the past couple of years, but I guess it really is an effective product!

@txcatx  DO IT!!!! I picked up the new blush quad this year and I am OBSESSED. The Unlocked palette from last year/re-released this year is also fire 🙂 

Image result for treat yo self gif

@txcatx ROFL - well good to know you can pay for the love glow effect hahahah 

@txcatx  This had me DYING at work! My first though was “Is she booking the trip for herself or to send HIM there?????” 
my second thought. “Oh it’s for herself. If it was for him it would be Siberia..... Or Hell....!” 

@mermadelove  Ha, definitely a trip for me! Probably a lot of psychological stuff to unpack there, like my subconscious self telling me that I needed to create some distance or something!

@txcatx I like it!  Taking your baggage somewhere else and offloading it and refinding yourself at the same time.   

@mermadelove   Bahahaha!!!  I love that that was your first thought!   😂🤣. Hey hun, I got you a trip to Siberia.  

@heartsmyface @txcatx @@IG that doesn’t send the message “I need some space,” I hear there’s this guy Elon Musk with this trip he’s selling.......

@mermadelove Well, I guess if I don't find myself with enough physical and metaphorical space while I'm checking out the Nikola Tesla museum in Belgrade, I can check out the space project from that other Tesla dude. 

@txcatx 

This is why I Iove BIC. Where else can you speak skincare and SpaceX without missing a beat?! 
💋💄🚀💔

@mermadelove  bahaha, Starman could really use some company up there. 

@txcatx   This made me smile.   I got the same sort of comments while I was pregnant.  The traditional ‘you’re glowing’ and ‘pregnancy suites you’ (I don’t even want to get started with that one) came up a lot.  I was sick and aching and in the pain the whole pregnancy and used highlighter and blush to fake looking some semblence of healthy.  

Horray for highlighter!  🙌

There is exactly one influencer who can get me to buy stuff I don't need, and it's Korean makeup artist, Pony. The last thing I need is another lipstick, but I broke my lipstick no-buy when she recently collaborated with MAC, and I just placed an order for some of her new Colourpop lipsticks. I mean, good for her for getting in with all these companies, and luckily for my wallet, at least she's not collaborating with one of those companies that sells $40+ lipsticks?

@txcatxPony always cheers me up ❤️

OMG, I love Pony! She's my favorite person to watch on Youtube and I think she's a very talented makeup artist. <333

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Is anyone else addicted to lip balms like me? If so, what’s your favorite? I love the Fresh sugar lip caramel and tarte sugar rush best bud lip butter

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

It’s not too flashy, but I really love bioderma’s lip balm. No scent, no shimmer, the best thing about it is that it stays on my lips forever and keeps them moisturized. I tried the fresh lip balm and hated it 😞 just came off so quickly And I tried kiehl’s lip oil, and it turned rancid
6,152 Replies
testing