Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yes @greeneyedgirl107 that would be so nice.  Any hair serum or oil comes in such a large bottle and I have the same issue, it takes me forever to empty a bottle.  I had a matrix oil that was discontinued by the time I finished it 😅

@CynthieLu What Matrix oil was it?  I used to use Matrix Oil Wonders as my HG for years.  I, too, didn't make it through a bottle before finding out it was being discontinued.  I stumbled upon it, so I was able to pick up an extra two -- which are just sitting around.

I just feel like hair oils of all things need to come in mini sizes.

I agree,  if it will take longer than a few months to finish it seems ridiculous when you start to think about it.  @greeneyedgirl107 the matrix oil I used was a stout orange-y maroon bottle,  than that was discontinued and I switched to a clear bottle with a green lid *Matrix* as well,  after that was done and I found out I could no longer get it I tried Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL  and Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil  I've used these for months and still have TONS. 

But my nightly scalp oil The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL I've gone through 3 bottles and I love that I use, finish and move on (3 months I think I get out of a bottle) 

@CynthieLu What gets me is that the Verb ghost oil used to have a smaller sized bottle, with a much lower price tag, for sale at Sephora.  I think the low cost is what helped so many people discover the product.

@greeneyedgirl107 I so agree. That's another reason smaller is better, your more likely to try something out when it's not a big hefty price tag. 

I love my current nighly hair/scalp oil and it's so affordable. But I wouldn't try anything new without finding a sample size (not easy to do) just to avoid a lot of left over wasted product.

@CynthieLu I'll have to look into that one!

@greeneyedgirl107 You're totally right. Takes me forever to go through a VERB Oil bottle. 

You're right on this one, @greeneyedgirl107 !  I bought #Moroccanoil Mini Moroccanoil Treatment Light 0.85 oz/ 25 mL eons ago, and I'm still using it.  I love my Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL , but I also want to try other hair oils.  However, the price and length of time to go through a bottle is definitely a commitment.

@Titian06 so glad someone agrees with me on this!!!

I put on a full face of makeup for the first time in a long time today to run errands during my day off (more than just a coat of mascara and tinted moisturizer). The past year and a half has lead to so many different lifestyle changes, doing my makeup just hasn’t been a priority. Additionally, the new environment I’m working in makeup makes zero sense to wear haha. But I really miss being able to wear makeup like this every day. My daily/weekly routine won’t change until at least the end of this school year when I could potentially take another position that would allow me to wear a full face every day… and I would be lying if I didn’t say about 10% of my motivation to change the subject I teach is makeup related. 

@alexasteph  I completely agree, I feel so much better on the days I get to do a full face.

@faeriegirl Thank goodness for skincare though. Focusing on skin care makes it a lot easier to get away with not wearing makeup, but yeah I definitely felt way more put together today! 

Not sure where else to post this PSA: BBW has been promoting a Rewards Program.  Apparently, it's only available in certain zip codes.  They've been offering $10 off $30 as a welcome bonus.  Be advised that it takes 24-72 hours to reach your inbox.  

I thought it would arrive shortly after I joined, and I was wrong.  Thus, I missed out on a 3-wick candle sale.

@greeneyedgirl107 I can't believe that it's not everywhere yet.  I have had the rewards program since it rolled out years ago in 2017.

That feeling of satisfaction when you are () this close to finishing a product. I love it & already have back ups which makes it even better. For those curious Herbivore Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum 

55a030c916ff04175189d383cceada34.gif

I believe it was @itsfi  that wanted to know my thoughts on SOL DE JANEIRO - Bum Bum Body Scrub forgive me, if it's not. 🤗 the scrub reminds me a bit like the OUAI Cleansing Scalp & Body Sugar Scrub 8.8 oz/ 250 g but not as "soapy" but it's definitely not all sand like the Sand & Sky scrub is. It does have the great smell of the original bum bum cream but doesn't last long at all. I didn't detect it really after I rinsed the scrub off. It hydrates your skin but doesn't leave a sticky residue afterward. I think all the products used together-wash,scrub,lotion or oil-compliment each other nicely. I like it alot. I mostly use scrubs on my arms & so far it didn't cause me to break out. 💛💛💛💛💛I wish it came with a mini spatulaI wish it came with a mini spatula

Watching Ghostbusters. The makeup on Sigourney Weaver when she is possessed is stunning. The ultimate glow look and defined cheekbones. It's harder to see the glow in the photos though.Ghostbusters-3-Sigourney-Weaver-Dana-Barrett.jpg

dana-as-zool.png

@sprocketta -- I watch clips of that scene on YT for just that same reason! Do the same with other movies too.

sy br.jpg

@sprocketta I'm obsessed with that makeup, too.  The pics don't do it justice.  Do you know today's her bday?

@greeneyedgirl107 I just remember thinking as I was watching the film how much effort and care had gone into that make up. I know how much it added to the feeling of the film and spoke to the mentality of the character at the time. That sounds like way too serious line of thought for Ghostbusters but credit where credit is due. I am a BIG fan of the Alien movies. She’s such a bada**.

P.S. I did order that PC product you recommended. I’ve only tried it once but I trust your recommendations and so far I like it. 

@sprocketta I'm going to watch "Ghostbusters" tonight, actually.  I have so many favorite parts.  I think this one might be from the second:

greeneyedgirl107_0-1633814776561.gif

I'm glad you are liking the PC Antioxidant Pore Purifier so far.  I think I might pick up a new one by the end of the year or so.  I have a fair amount left, but I wonder if it's oxidized.  It was always orange-y, so it's hard to tell.

6,152 Replies
testing