Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Get the corset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know....it's so tempting, I think my mind has already decided I will get it, now to just do the actual purchasing.

🤧I hope you feel better soon!  @lylysa

Thanks, Tamara76!

I'm at home and sick as well, and I recommend using Puffs Plus lotion tissues @lylysa. If not for that, my nose would be raw by now. The downside of being sick is not being able to play with makeup. I don't want to contaminate my stash. Get well soon!

I used to use those, but eventually the lotion would somehow rub off any makeup I had on my face and then leave lint all over, it wasn't a pretty sight 😞 

Those left my nose raw a few times too. I suppose I'm just a violently powerful nose-blower -_-.

I'm out of tissues at work and have been using napkins, but they're textured so they're a bit rough. Better than paper towels though!

P.S. Hope you feel better!

Hope you feel better soon @lylysa! Eye cream (non-retinol/treatment types) is great for the chapped nose/upper lip funk in the future. I really think having to blow your nose is the worst part of being sniffly sick!

Thanks, CC3616! Yeah, any rich moisturizer I have has gone right on my nose. I've even amped it up with my PTR Squalane drops since I'm out of my Dr. Jart Ceramidin Fluid.

I hope you feel better soon @lylysa! ❤

Thanks, Angel7594!

Function-wise I'm still good to go so I'm still showing up to work, but my head just feels groggy and foggy every now and then.

Hoping to shake this cold soon!

So I just got the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush and omg... I'm SO happy I found it on Reddit in the makeup exchange subreddit... I got it for $40, only gently used (much better than spending over $80 with tax).  It is PERFECT.  Wow, and it's so fat and fluffy and fun to touch! I used it this morning with the MJ deluxe mini bronzer that I got as a promo sometime last year and it works so well at applying it.

The brush size is intimidating but it tapers to a soft point, so I feel like the edges which don't get coated in bronzer do a great job of softening the entire look.  LOVE it!

I tried depotting for the first time over the weekend. I was so careful, even put on readers to magnify my vision, but the pans still came out a mess, bent up a little, and I just couldnt deal with it.

Sooo I went back in with my empty mini pans (from Z palette and some other place with even smaller pans) and used them like cookie cutters. It worked very well, especially with brands/products like Laura Geller gelato blush (lost the swirl design but oh well).

It's all nice and neat now, just looks like I hit pan on everything. I will take some pics later this week when I have a chance to get back to the project.

I didn't want to just pour rubbing alcohol in there, so now I have a technique with paper towels and rubbing alcohol to get the original pans back into a totally solid state.

I think it's going to work out and if I have a problem getting the brush in there, well I still have the originals tucked away, but now I can see everything (or at least, I will be able to once I get done)

Still thinking of my diy vice lip palette, but I bought both of those real vice lip palettes and so that project got put on pause

@gingerleigh I am a total spaz when it comes to depotting eye shadow - I make such a mess!  😫

I am so glad you found a new technique that seems to work, though!

Thanks @Tamara76 ... they don't make it easy to get some of these pans out. Sometimes I don't see any possible way -- I'm looking at you, tiny Nars blush.

I think it's a good trial this way, cuz I will also be able to see if depotting is going to cause any things to dry out -- with plenty of backup of the original product just in case

First, I wants to say this is my opinion but......I feel like i have outgrown some of (if not most) Too Faced packaging. I'm turning 35 this year and don't want to pull a pink palette with stickers on it out of my bag in public. My fingers are really itching to depot. Eyeing those Too Faced holiday sets........

I totally get it!

*Types this on phone with pink glitter case covered in stickers - lol!

Glitter is still ok though! @Tamara76

😉

Office supplies make pretty good makeup organizers. An 8-slot business card holder fits some palettes nicely and it was only $8 on Amazon. I'm using a mail sorter to display Z palettes (I tried to press my loose pigments since I still can't bring myself to depot palettes yet no matter how bulky the packaging).

Spoiler
CardHolder.jpg

I've totally taken drawer organizers for pens and whatnot and turned them into brush trays to keep my tools hidden and off my counter!

Have to second this sentiment @dmay! I just spent yesterday organizing my quads into letter sorters from container store:

lettersorter b.jpg

How large are the slots on your business card holder? I'm looking for something 2.5 inches+ on the opening so I can use this method for more items, but still be able to fit them in drawers :x.

6,152 Replies
testing