Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I went to check now and only see a statement supporting Black Life Matters and a link to a Washington Post article. Was there something else? I wonder what i missed Smiley Surprised

My apologies, I should have been more clear - the original post is not what I took offense to. There was a comment by another user, which has since been deleted by Herbivore, that simply stated that ALL lives matter and expressed her disappointment that there was no support for law enforcement mentioned. Herbivore replied to her opinion and stated that "all lives matter" is incorrect. 

I fully understand that supporting BLM and supporting law enforcement are not mutually exclusive ideas. My issue is that every comment showing support for law enforcement - including my own - was deleted, while others who are supportive of Herbivore's views are allowed to remain.

@jadeann I agree that all lives matter.  If a company deletes comments saying that all lives include police lives then that position (of the company) isn't one I personally want to support.  Especially not this week.

People can read what they like into any comment here or elsewhere.  Those who decide to split tiny hairs and imply that defending one life comes at the expense of another (or group of others) aren't being fair.  If someone finds offense in a comment "all lives matter" then the problem is them (seriously).  If someone finds it offensive when someone says "police lives matter" then the problem is also with them.  The sanctity of human life is a basic in a civilized society.  Seeing people so easily toss that concept aside makes me sad.  

All lives matter.  I appreciate your post and the sacrifices your family makes.

@meganlisa... tears. Thank you for the kind words, because they have been very few this week.

@jadeann And isn't that a sad state of affairs.

triestobeclassy, you did not miss anything.

the herbivore post was linking to a Washington Post article about Black Lives Matter, and how white people (specifically) can support the cause. this was not a post encouraging anti law enforcement sentiment. to support the cause of the oppressed and to support law enforcement are not mutually exclusive concepts.

@jemly, my apologies, as I should have been more clear - 

the original post is not what I took offense to. There was a comment by another user, which has since been deleted by Herbivore, that simply stated that ALL lives matter and expressed her disappointment that there was no support for law enforcement mentioned. Herbivore replied to her opinion and stated that "all lives matter" is incorrect. 

I fully understand that supporting BLM and supporting law enforcement are not mutually exclusive ideas.

In fact, all comments that support law enforcement are STILL being deleted. 

Thank you @jemly for this post.

It's unfortunate that people so readily equate Black Lives Matter to Anti-Law Enforcement.  

That's just as insulting, if not more so, than those who insist on interpreting that Black Lives Matter means that the lives of other racial/ethnic groups do not matter.

But I digress.

I fully agree. I was wondering if there was anything that has been deleted already.

Sadly a lot of companies have less than wonderful founder, but companies themselves change, even if they can't change who started them. I wouldn't feel guilty about buying products you like unless the company currently has practices or beliefs you are morally opposed to. 

Unfortunately I cannot recommend a similar lipgloss to the Chanel as I've never tried them personally.

But I do have brands that I will not purchase from.  Specifically brands that refuse to consider WOC in their marketing/products.  I also have products that I purchased only to find out later that I don't agree with perspectives from owners or primary shareholders so I add them to my list.  I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, it's just another form of self expression and withholding your dollar is one of the most powerful statements (in my opinion).

That being said, I also don't think you have to agree with everything a person or company says/does to purchase from them.  It all depends on what you are comfortable with really.

Perhaps not so beauty related..

I'm currently at 417 hearts (I know compared to some that is not a lot) but when I first joined BT I didn't think I'll get any hearts.. To me that's a lot! BT has been my new addiction, it's the first thing I check in the morning lol

Thanks ladies!

Here you go, another ❤️😊

@DandyLionFluff Thank you!

Woot! Here's to you reaching 500+! 

Thanks!

Thanks!

I did my own heart party when I reached my first 100 😉

I saw them increasing but now I'm so close to 500 I'm like yay! 🎉🎊

Haha, I started checking my hearts a few days ago (I'm on 70 now) Smiley Happy and thought I was the only one!! Let us know on this thread when you reach 500 

I'm currently at 433. I'm sure it will be soon! Thanks!

6,046 Replies