Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I think t's really cool that there are so many more men now getting into wearing makeup (outside of the grungy rocker look/scene), however I think it's sort of a shame that all the most prominent examples seem to stick to the Instagram, hyper feminine look. Like, there is a whole different demographic with a bunch of new types of facial structures and features they might find more flattering to play up. Plus, it wouldn't suprise me if there are more men out there who would be interested in really trying out complex makeup if they thought there was a way to do it that didn't make their features extremely feminine.

Right now it feels like all the popular makeup bloggers, male and female, are trying to have the same face, just with different eyeshadow and lip color. And as lovely as that look is, I think overall it'd be really nice if there was more openness in bloggers to make different types of beautiful and handsome faces.  

Weird things makeup addicts do 😉

Kept forgetting to post this before, but a few days back I suddenly noticed my status change into "Hall of Famer"! How did that happen? It seems like yesterday that I found BT. I have known some awesome people here and learned a lot about skincare and makeup. In fact, BT made me start wearing makeup! Smiley Happy So, thanks everyone for all your warmth and loveliness! Keep rocking! xo

I love doing a good RBF (resting **bleep** face) beat face. I'm still trying to figure out the contouring on my bone structure since I've not had much practice with it, but I surprised myself today. Just little bits at a time, little bit, blend, little bit, blend, then stop! lol many times I've gone too far and then the contour looks splotchy and too far down.

Excited to get my first real facial next Saturday Smiley Very Happy 

Yes! Same problem here and very annoying Smiley Sad

I have a tendency to acquire pimples in a "mirror image" fashion. if I get one pimple in some random spot on my face where I don't typically get acne (like the side of my eyebrow) it is almost certain that I will get a pimple in the same place on the other side of my face a few days later. This happens to me a LOT. Its like my body has some weird symmetry thing going on.

I've seen a few members recommend the Wayne Gross method of applying powder before foundation and MAN OH MAN!! This has really helped to alleviate my issue of foundation not sticking to my nose. Genius! Thanks to everyone who recommended the trick Smiley Happy

My orders from the Colourpop sale are finally arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to maybe starting the June hauls thread☺️

I tried a technique from a Wayne Goss video yesterday where you apply moisturizer, followed immediately by loose setting powder and then liquid foundation on top. It is AWESOME. Helps keep foundation from fading or moving around. My face lasted through two hours of slightly sweaty bowling, and well into the evening. 👍🏻 

Becca Pearl + Southern Sun = #datglowtho

All these bunnies are adorable!!!! To bad I am deathly allergic and can't be in a room with one or its full blown asthma attack. But they are just so darn cute!

I ordered some of the Mermaid collection from Jouer today.  It was crazy, so laggy and messed up.  Error messages everywhere.  I didn't care because it was a random order while I'm sitting here at work, but wow that was crazy.

Then when I finally went to check out I put in a 15% off code.  The page took forever to load so while waiting scrolling instagram I found out about a 25% off code..I tried to put that in, and an error pops up saying you can't use two codes at once which I expected.  I wanted to get rid of the other one but this laggy website wouldn't let me and it applied both together.  To be honest, I feel bad because 40% was not my intention and I don't like to take advantage of a messed up website, but honestly I couldn't get rid of either one at that point!!  

In the end, I guess I did pretty well for an impulse buy!

Never thought I'd see the day but I've made Rouge! 

I feel bad but also "sorry not sorry?". Le sigh.

I am seriously impressed with the mini Lancome palette that we got as a sample a while back in 110 Chocolat Amande Smiley Surprised It's sad that I used to discount the little babies thinking they couldn't possibly be good for more than 1 use but I am happy to be wrong in this case. 

Recently went on a trip and wanted to pack as light as possible so I scoured my collection for minis of everything and I came across that Lancome palette. I opened it, swatched it and was blown away with the color payoff! I love it so much it is now a staple in my makeup bag along with the mini Hourglass Dim Light. 

I hope more minis come our way! The mini Becca Opal and NARS Orgasm are great travel companions too!

This is sort of beauty related.. I should be working on my final lab report for my lab class but I continue to browse BT ans Sephora.. Not good!

So last night while checking Instagram I popped over to "suggested" based on who I follow. And what do I see in the sea of pictures? The wonderfully familiar lip swatches of the talented @Mochapj. I recognized her lips because of the two moles she has above. (I always though those were cute). And  I got excited that she was a suggestion. I already follow a few BT ladies but its so cool to find you guys on Insta. So right after I followed Mocha, you know who pops up as the "you may also like?" More BT gals! YAY! So ladies if you got a follow request from a "sona" its me. 

That moment when a very drunk friend asks to borrow a lipstick for a night out, and drunk you has to pretend you're looking for the best color for her, and not just the cheapest one that will be the least missed, while still looking good on her.

I've been wanting to change my Avatar for weeks, finally got around to it. Love Pyewacket <3 Smiley Very Happy

Not beauty related but I am in LOVE with Justin Timberlake's new song:

CAN'T STOP THE FEELINGGGGG!!!!!!!!

I have so many lip products that all target in at around the same shade, in trying to find my lip color in a tube, but they all go too "bright" pink, or too orangey. It's the dumbest, pickiest thing ever, but a sheer, comfy matte would give what I want.

On the other hand, trying on all my lip products, I found Starlooks Tender Gloss in "Puzzy" and Chosungah22 Flavorful Lipstick in "Golden Peach Tea." Love both of these!!

"Puzzy" actually is a gorgeous sparkly peach hue, which can be slightly built up, and the Chosungah smooths and gives even less of a tint, but wow. Now that is a good-smelling lip product.

6,023 Replies