Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'll let him know I have orders to smother him in kisses.  He'll understand. 

My older boys are already getting less lovey and more cool.  

Awww so precious!!! Gorgeous boy ❤️

Precious baby! ❤

I had a feeling this was your boy from the feeds! hahahahah!  @heartsmyface

Looking a lot like you.  He is getting big!

I think he's getting my eyes.  Time will tell.  

he is! ;')  

Sooooo adorable!!!

It's almost 7pm and I just remembered I have a nailpolish advent calendar to break into!!!   Thanks for the pedicure talk cause I wouldn't have remembered otherwise! 

This used to happen a lot with someone I know: she kept telling me I was so good at doing nails, I should give her a pedicure one day (she meant it in a nice way, like as a way for us to spend time together), "It would be fun".

Um, no thanks. I don't want to touch your toes, even if you're fresh out of a bath.

Lol, I dont have the same reservation with people's feet. I like feet!  There have been multiple instances which after a few drinks and my filter is down, I have persuaded people to let me give them pedis.  😛

My hubs even went out and bought me a big bag of nail files after a couple times cause I've used my own on people but don't want to use them on myself afterwards.  

Don't get me wrong @heartsmyface, I don't hate feet but... I guess I'm grossed out by some people's feet and how they look. Not because they're quirky and the second toe is way longer than the big toe, but because their feet are grossly dry/peeling, or the nail is all messed up from decades of wearing heels, etc. And this person, I've seen her feet. And I don't want to touch them. I wouldn't touch my mom's feet either because they are sooooo dry. I don't mind DH's feet, the top of his foot is soooooo soft!

😷. Gotcha.  The yearly(hopefully at least that) maintenance  sorts. I don't think I'd want to try to rectify seriously neglected feet. Save that for the professionals and give them a good tip.  If she's a good friend then that's an idea for a Christmas gift.   

Or you two could do foot peels together one week and then schedule painting for two weeks later once the peeling has subsided.  

oh nooo. This is such a weird comment. Is this supposed to be a compliment? Is it strange I feel a little second-hand offense? Whatever it is, I don't think it's a tasteful thing to say lol. And I agree...no feet @k617

I don't know if it is or it's one of those "oh we should definitely hang out" comments but the people involved never do. 

I was talking with my mom about booking a makeover appointment.

ME: Do you have any concerns?

MOM: Yes, I'm concerned you're going to drive me crazy.

😛

I could see her eyes glaze over as I talked (very briefly!) about a moisturizer with SPF.

I enabled a random stranger's purchase of Chanel Illusion D'Ombre shadow at last night's Nordstrom Holiday party. While shopping at the Chanel counter to get a backup for a foundation that is almost empty, I overheard another customer talking with an SA about how she loves the formula, but only has a color that is more appropriate for party looks (Mysterio - silver).

At that point, I jump in and tell her that 82 Emerveille will be gorgeous on her. It's a favorite of mine, a subtle wash of color with just enough shimmer to make it interesting.

The SA tried to interrupt me by saying "she probably already has it".

Stranger/customer said "nope", proceeded to swatch it on the back of her hand, and let out a big "oooooh".

"Sorry for interrupting, but I just had to speak up because I knew it would be perfect on you. I hope you love Emerveille as much as I do."

I then left, and a different SA who witnessed it all and checked me out (foundation) was extra generous with the samples.

I always want to jump in when I hear people asking the SAs questions, though I always chicken out. Last time I was at Sephora I heard a girl asking about highlighters and I wanted to jump right in and give her some recommendations, particularly when I noticed the SA seemed to be focusing more on leading her to high price items rather than helping someone who was clearly new to the product find the best shades/starting options. Your story turned out so well, I might just interrupt next time!

Yay!!!  I love a good karma story! 

And after reading this, you've enabled me on adding it to my so choix sample list! Thanks @SheWhoSkis!

@BaseballMommy, do it, you will love it! I often go for a lazy 5-minute face, and this product and color are a key staple in accomplishing it. Fast, easy, and subtle with enough shimmer to make it interesting.

@SheWhoSkis any other colors you recommend I try? My box is normally chosen on the 6th/7th of the month. I have light, neutral skin, dark brown hair, and brown/green/gold hazel eyes. TIA!!

6,152 Replies
testing