Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

upload_3902453835270748604.jpg

This was me today. I had 3 different ones on at various times of the day.

My highlight was so on point yesterday that during a Skype video conference at work I could not stop tilting my head to stare at it's glistening perfection in the 'self-video'.. 

People probably through I was having neck problems.

I wonder what that meeting was about...

*shrug*

@Insomniacmuffin OMG! Lol!  Sounds like something I would do!

I always thought I was nocturnal until it occurred to me that I stay up late because I'm just procrastinating. That 11 step skincare routine takes forever!

Lol @txcatx! That sounds way too familiar 😛

@SheWhoSkis I want to update you! I received Emerveille from the sochoix box and love it! I wore it yesterday by itself and it was a gorgeous almost peachy pink on me. Very pretty. Thank you for the rec!! I also received samples of new moon and mirage to try.

One of my favorites.  Glad you got to try it. 🙂  I accidentally used it a few weeks ago, and thought it was one of my old Smashbox shadows.  I kept thinking how great it looked, better than I remember.  Then I saw the "C" on the label and knew why immediately!

Yay! I'm glad you love it! Thanks for the update, @BaseballMommy

So I'm trying ou Koh Gen Do foundation for the first time, I heard great things about it, it arrives tomorrow, I'm so excited. I'm happy to report that I'm almost done with my Nars velvet matte tint , it's my number 1! I hope this foundation beats that one out of the water though! I love experimenting with new foundations. But yeah, I think I will still buy finland when it's completely gone. I think in a month that'll be it.

Hey kid, I think I found your mother...

856499.JPG

Spoiler
Surely, this is what birthed you....
856498.JPG

HAHAHAHA awesome @ZombieMetroAnt 😄

Ha! This made me laugh. Things that look like furbies/gremlins freak me out

Then this must be the father.

Spoiler
Labyrinth

Love it @txcatx 😄

Perfect! 😄  I love it.

HAHAHAHA!!! What a family reunion! 

Anyone else purging things they don't grab for/use for the new year? 

I think the things I'm on the fence with I'm going to put separate for everything else and if I don't grab for it within a certain amount of time it's gone. Kinda like when people say turn your hangers around and if it doesn't get worn, donate it after 6 months. 

@CC3616  yes I am sorta doing this. 🙂 The purging part anyway.  All my samples, deluxe samples and some new FS items will be donated. I have boxes full and they can go to good use. I just need to confirm a few things and after that it will be gone... and I can't wait!  I might also do another clean up after that of barely used items... what I find more difficult with that is if no one wants to trade for them what do you do with it? Throw it away? Some items might only have been swatched and it be sad to throw that out you know.

@veronika23 oo I feel the same way about barely used items .. My close friends are all drowning in products themselves and my family isn't interested. I started using the trade thread, but it's hard to communicate how generously you're willing to trade some items for. It's also hard (mentally, for me) to accept new items when you're trying to declutter.

Maybe one day I'll just post a straightforward list of things I'm willing to ship out if shipping is covered. My only concern is that someone will just call dibs to everything because it's free. I want them to go to a home where they'll someeeewhat be loved.. but maybe I shouldn't think that far. eh!

@whitepolkydots I need to find friends like you! I have a few friends that are in to beauty products, but we mostly already have what we love/haven't amassed big collections and don't have anything to trade/give away. 

I've been tempted to put my paltry offerings up on the trade thread, but I figure most people on BT already have/aren't interested in what I have to trade.

6,152 Replies
testing