Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Same!  I hate this new feature and hope it is not a permanent upgrade!  There is no way I can remember which posts I have hearted and I don't want to inadvertently take away hearts.  Smiley Sad

Funny youbsay this as i clicked and it unhearted. Gdi. I hate this.

Thank goodness this isn't just my imagination. It's driving me nuts! Hope they change it back.

yes its def new! there is a plus heart sign after you heart it..guess maybe thats why BT has been bit slow lately..i guess they are working on improvements! 

The plus heart sign after hearting something doesn't show up for me using BT on my phone. It actually looks like nothing happened at all, and this is how I discovered that I can now take my hearts back. Smiley Very Happy

oh weird I am on my phone too (android/explorer) .. but I did find it to be bit slow hearting..maybe still in testing phase..

edit: ok I went to heart some comments and Im finding that after I heart a comment I cant tell if have or have not unless I click on it again and it take 1 away.. does it make sense? 

I just noticed this too and notcreative just mentioned she noticed this also over on her deals thread

Yup, that's what I'm experiencing as well. I miss the gray heart with a check mark. I'm going to waste so much time un-hearting and re-hearting when I can't remember...

Ugh yah that just happened when I hearted you then hearted paletteaddict above then was like wait did I heart gwen and ofcourse it unhearted.........already getting teensy annoyed. I miss the check mark too now. 

It's definatly frustrating to heart now with it like this.

Maybe they wanted to slow it down because we hearted to much 😜

OK hold on to yer highlighters, ladies.. it don't get much more random than this..

So I recently received my order of my Ole Henrickson face wipes this week. everything good...

Then I get a delivery today from Sephora.. I'm like.. did I black out and buy something else.. wtf? so I open it, and its the most random order inside and the order sheet inside is someone else's name entirely!!

So I call Sephora and try to explain that I got an order that wasn't mine and had already received my order and don't know what to do with this stuff. Maybe a label mixup at the factory or something??? 

I feel so bad for the person who actually ordered this stuff.. what on earth is going on???

Sephora says I can just print the label and send it back. The person on the phone didn't seem very surprised, or seem to be glad I called at all... very 'whatever'.  That's my random of the day.

this happened to me too, but several months ago in December. when I called CS about it, they were pretty confused too and I had to spend some time explaining it. if a few people are posting here that it happened to them, it makes me wonder just how many other orders this is happening to. I was told I could keep or return the items. I was out of printer ink so didn't return them (yet). I hope Sephora fixes this soon as clearly its been going on for months now. also, does anyone know why Sephora now makes us print return labels instead of just including the prepaid return label and form with the order like they used to do? I know many people who do not own a printer. and mine is on its last legs, not really functional at the moment even if I had ink. and not everyone can print labels at work or find a friend with a printer.

These type of incidents are getting very frequent. A while ago I got someone else's package instead of my own. Contacted Customer service and was told the products I actually purchased are out of stock and won't be coming back due to limited edition. Promo code that I used was also expired. They refunded me for my missing order and said I can print a shipping label and mail back the package I received and if I can't do it easily, feel free to keep it. So Ofcourse I kept it as a compensation of my OOS stuff and promo.

Just today, I had to call to get my account sorted out because someone has been siphoning off my 4k+ points little by little, placing small orders along with 100 point rewards.

First of all, when I called, the first CSR was basically like "oh, you have 2 accounts, and you've been ordering from a 2nd." I'm like, uh, nope, I'd remember that... but cool let me talk to a supervisor now.

The supervisor was able to fix it, but I wasn't too happy about yet another crappy Sephora experience as of late. Seriously, I just randomly decided to start sending makeup to another person in another state? Yeah... definitely. 

Clearly this person got their account linked to mine somehow, saw the amount of points I had, and was like "oooooh, goody!" Not cool. If you're reading this, you're a t-urd (really, I can't say that?!). Enjoy your lip samples, but you'll still just be one with lipstick! Just saying.

how awful for someone to do that to you! I'm really sorry to hear you had to deal with that. I agree with Insomniacmuffin, Sephora needs to increase security with the points. 

Yeah, I actually put a fraud alert on my card because of this--- from what I'm told, it was just a mix up where another person was assigned the same VIB rouge # as me, and it probably had absolutely nothing to do with my card information at all. But... better safe than sorry! Get your own points, girl! Don't steal mine! lol!

holy moly @khaleesi that is terrible! I would be so nervous to have a lot of points for that very reason, there is zero security to stop this

The t-urd doing that to you needs to have the universe punish him/her.

If you dont mind me asking, which Sephora warehouse did it come from?  I had a similar mix up on Monday except they didn't put any products in the box only 3 samples and the invoice for the person who placed that order.

Brampton, Ontario @ElleElleG

Hmm 🤔 perhaps all of their warehouses are undergoing some type of transition then

Was there anything good in the surprise box? 😂

6,046 Replies