Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Was just searching for nail products at Macy's.   Discovered their return policy is now 30 days.  Ouch!

I wish more makeup came in mini sizes besides mascara and concealer. It’s not truly even half the size for half the price. It’s more like 1/3 the size and half the prize. It’s kind of a rip off. I’d love some mini foundations and lip glosses. I rarely ever finish a whole one before it’s expired. 

@charleneallen. Which brand were you thinking of because the Holidays are great for buying sets (except foundation) SephoraCollection have a Lip Set available now 🙂

@charleneallen why not get samplers? Or mini sets? I think Tarte makes mini foundations.

My husband just told me that he calls the time I spend taking off my make-up and showering when I get home from work "getting un-ready!"

LOL, @greeneyedgirl107 ! 😄  It only makes sense since you say you're "getting ready" when you put your makeup on.

I was reminiscing about my old fave mascara, Maybelline Ultra Big Ultra Lash in the ivory tube.  I used it from the 90s until it was discontinued in the 2000s.  I always got compliments.   Does anyone have an idea of what mascara they replaced it with or a similar one?  I know it's a long shot.  I used to use their Full N Soft.

Can someone remind me the name of the thread related to tech/web issues reporting? Mods are usually swift with responses there.

Hey you!! Is this the thread @gonerogue

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-at-Sephora/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082/h... 

Tag @ TeamBIC and that should help get it routed to the right people.

@itsfi  Hi Fiiiiii! This is the one! Many thanks! 💛

Does Nordstom still give free samples with beauty purchases?  I placed an order recently and didn't get any.  I tried the chat with CS and got nowhere. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I haven't received any with my most recent couple of orders. I have gotten regular GWP if there's something being offered with the brand or with an overall beauty purchase, but no random sample packets. 

@quspork thanks for the confirmation!  I wonder if free samples will be a thing of the past before we know it.  Sephora went from 3 to 2, Ulta went from 2 to 0.  Paula's Choice has eliminated them, and now it looks like Nordstrom has as well.  What a shame!

Ugh, yes, I hadn't given it a ton of thought until you wrote it out like that, @greeneyedgirl107 but unfortunately I suspect that you're right. Which is shame really because it's such a nice way to try out a product that you may have been curious about or one that hadn't even been on your radar. I know I'm not the only one who has tried a random sample and ended up purchasing a full-size of something over the years!

@quspork I'm assuming it's inflation relayed, but the cost/perks always take away from the consumer.  Frustrating. 

I wish more hair oils came in mini sizes.  It took me a year to use half a bottle of the mini size of B&b's oil which is .85 oz.  I just picked up two to try from Redken and they were full size and over $30 each.  It seems silly to buy/spend that much and use so little.  I'd like to expand my collection, but I don't want to look over and see hundreds of dollars spent on hair oil.  I know I can't be the only person that goes through hair oil at a snail's pace.

@greeneyedgirl107 why not get a sampler set or a mini set? You'd get the mini plus new ones to try. 

@Margalee I haven't seen many minis, and I've never seen a sampler set.  Do you know of any?

I agree!  I want to say it took me two or more years to finish up a bottle of Morrocan Oil!  

testing