Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sprocketta Let me know if you wind up trying it 🙂

Anyone been to a Fenty masterclass before? I got an email for a masterclass invite in the city that sounds great but costs 3000 points to get in. I feel like 3000 points for a class is a bit steep and would like to see if anyone has any experience attending an event like this. 

Also, my Bay Area Beauties, are any of you attending this class? Let me know! I might change my mind on attending based on others' experiences or if you all attend.

@itsfi @blackkitty2014 @itsmonica @gymgirl2 

Thx for letting me know @gonerogue .  At the moment, i dont have enough points (so i guess that why i didnt receive the email).  I just trade my points for $100 GC to get Tatcha Silk Cream 😉

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I woke up and saw this.. i shrieked like a baby raptor. Omg!!! There were four slides to that picture with the unfiltered photo at the end. Ahh! She noticed me ♥️

Re: RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@Blackwhiskey  Woot woot!!! 😃

98AF9B60-81BF-4D62-8099-95248F2CF74A.gif

Hey now, is this lipstick ad calling me old?! I don't sincerely admit to it all that often, but dang it, I'm still a millennial.

21225811-C7C9-4816-87BC-D237ED855E2B.jpeg

@txcatx  Haha, I got "Ma'am"ed THREE times yesterday. Also, what is lipstick for a mature woman anyhow? 

@MissPuff  @txcatx  It’s formulated to withstand being jangled around our rough, wicker purses 😏

63E011E2-DC66-410E-95EB-D685AE495C54.jpeg

Am I the only one who thinks that the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Softlight

looks like a poké ball.....🧐?

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yeah it does! You have a good eye 😉 😄

Catch 'em all, I guess 🤣

Catch 'em all, I guess 🤣

Now you mention it ... it is... and i'm hungry @mermadelove 🙂

That's part of the reason I want it! LOL

That's part of the reason I want it! LOL

Re: That's part of the reason I want it! LOL

SAME ! 😄

Re: That's part of the reason I want it! LOL

@Malicequinn  I looked at it sitting on my shelf and was like : “ my stars! This is a very elegant poké ball!” 

I bet you half of us are attracted to it not realizing why!!! Lolololol

Not a beauty related but i just need to vent ... Today i was invited to sail on a catamaran.  I declined so that i can finish work a bit early to run errands and go run.  I ended up skipping lunch and worked late to fix sloppy people's mistakes ... Ugh!!!

@blackkitty2014, Next time you be the slacker (I know it'...

@blackkitty2014, Next time you be the slacker (I know it's hard to do mentally) and let someone else catch the slack and take up the offer next time on the sailing!

@blackkitty2014  awww, bummer! 😞

next time— go sailing! 😘

This week i'm on a business trip in CDMX and all my products that come in squeezy tubes did that thing where they kind of explode and product leaks out into the lid when opening them each time. I guess it's because of the altitude? Has anyone had this before or know how to keep it from occuring?

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@scott1201 Try to travel with screw-on lids and not flip tops. When packing your liquids, with the lid off, squeeze the extra air out of the bottle or tube. Squeeze until the liquid is almost to the top of the opening, then close tightly. Less air in the bottle/tube will mean less expansion in flight. This has worked well for me over the years. One other tip I’ve heard is to put Saran Wrap over the the top of the screw-on bottle/tube. Screw the lid on with the Saran Wrap covering the threaded part of the cap. I haven’t tried this, so I’m not sure if it’s an urban legend.

@scott1201  gah, I hate it when that happens! I'm no expert, but that happens to me with a change in air pressure situations and high altitude. I tend to carry my make-up with me, but if I check my bag, bottles and squeeze tubes will sometimes burst out into the cap. Gross.

I went to a wedding in Denver and EVERY. TUBE. leaked in my carry on, the worst! I have no real solution, I just pack every liquid in it's own little baggie so it doesn't get all over everything 😕 

testing