Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I love the peace out ones too! Even after comparing them to other acne patches, they seem to work better. But darn are they expensive

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Hey @sonnydee! 🤗 I ended up picking up the Peace Out ones for my co-worker on my trip to the states a few weeks back! Thanks for your recommendation! I was meaning to respond back but forgot until my co-worker mentioned that they were effective on her blemishes 👍🏼

Yay! @Guessgal! they do work the best so far

Yay! @Guessgal! they do work the best so far

@sonnydee  thanks for sharing your thoughts and wanted to say I totally agree! I've tried quite  few cheaper brands including the skyn iceland and none of them do as fast of a job as the peace out ones!

Thank you @sonnydee! This is very helpful! 

Thank you @sonnydee!

Jumped on the band wagon Finally! Redeemed some points for the Rouge $100 reward. What to buy....what to buy...🤔 feel free to share your suggestions! edit: and what I bought errr used the reward on! cross post from haul thread. thank you for all the suggestions & wonderful advice!

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydee How have you been liking the palette? I had gotten one during the sale but ended up returning without using it b/c after in-store swatches a lot of the browns pulled to orange for my liking and I figured I’d wait on it a little longer

I admit @Brutalitops that it has been a while since I use...

I admit @Brutalitops that it has been a while since I used this or any palette, on my eyes (I dont wear makeup everyday & for the few & I mean few days I wore eyeshadow-alot of swimming has been happening 🤣-ive reached for something simpler. But the last time I used this ( I *think* I used 3) of the colors & really enjoyed it. I plan on using it more to experiment with more of the colors -i used the most neutral- but haven't yet. I dont regret my purchase though. This new packaging is more travel friendly imo. But still probably wouldn't due to the cost.....

Re: I admit @Brutalitops that it has been a while since I use...

@sonnydee Yeah I definitely prefer this packaging and for the life of me I don't understand the hate it gets. I have packed my safari for a few trips but then I never really end up using it so probably  safer at home 😅

@sonnydee  I splurged on the ND Gold palette, because I'd never buy it otherwise. Thankfully a nearby store carries her products, so I was able to swatch it first and make sure I liked it. I called it a "safe splurge," which seems perfect for the Rouge reward 😄 

@sonnydee   Whatever you decide to buy with your gift card, make sure it's something you will absolutely, unequivocally want to keep because you will not be able to return or exchange it.  I keep forgetting that rule about Sephora gift cards.

@sonnydee Buy yourself something you could never bear to spend your own money on but have been dreaming about.  I don't have any recommendations.  Just enjoy it!

@sonnydee yay on snagging the reward! I also used it on stuff I have wanted to try but couldn't justify the spend on. Even though the stuff you choose isn't returnable, I've never gotten a mask product I didn't use up all the way, so I felt my two choices (YTTP dream mask and Biossance Glycolic mask) were still relatively "safe". Plus, I ended up falling in love with the Biossance mask, so that was awesome!

You could also combine strategies- use the GC/Promo to restock things you know you want and then use the savings to place a separate splurge order 

Oh I love both those masks!    The yttp for the scent and moisture and the biossance for the results!  @Brutalitops 

true! 😍@Brutalitops glad your reward purchases worked ou...

true! 😍@Brutalitops glad your reward purchases worked out for you. I thought about buying a mask that I love (omorovicza)but dont want to spend my card on it. I want something fun..🤣 it would not be a good idea for me to "try" out a skincare product with this card. My skin is too picky. Thank you for the suggestion!

Re: true! 😍@Brutalitops glad your reward purchases worked ou...

@sonnydee totally get that, skincare just happens to be my go-to vice lol. If you got some new makeup calling your name go for it!

@sonnydee  Well, there’s your answer!  You need to get something colorful!!!  Glitter?  

@heartsmyface if Pat had a new bigger palette-it would be soooo much easier. 😍i got 2 of the minis she just put out. I'm looking at ND biba (because I love neutrals) or just a couple of things the Givenchy le perfecto in clear, Dior lip glow, or maybe ND camel or I've been wanting another CT brush-the bigger face. I could just save it for UD game of thrones next month....or redeem a 2nd next Tues & get my Omorovicza. Decisions, decisions....

Congrats @sonnydee ! I tend to use mine on things I’ve always wanted to try, or things I’ve stalked for a while. I know lots of folks use them on things they’ve already tried because items purchased with the rewards are not returnable/refundable. I have the opposite mentality. 😄 So if there’s something new-to-you that you’ve been stalking but haven’t convinced yourself to buy, now’s the time! 

@WinglessOne lol🤣👄💄💄💄

@WinglessOne lol🤣👄💄💄💄
5 Replies
testing