Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

@WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'...

@WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'm leaning towards fun..not skincare especially, not new to me skincare. that would not be a good idea with my picky skin & non return able ๐Ÿคจ thank you for the suggestion!

Re: @WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'...

@sonnydee  My skinโ€™s a fussy toddler or angst-ridden teen most of the time, so I completely understand not wanting to use the reward on skincare. ๐Ÿ™‚ I do lots (LOTS) of research on products before I buy or obtain samples, and I usually patch test them for weeks before using them all over my face. Thatโ€™s not nearly as fun as getting a new-to-me lipstick (or 2, or 5), eyeshadow palettes/singles, perfumes (though I donโ€™t usually try perfumes I havenโ€™t smelled in person first), blushes... plenty of non-skincare fun stuff to try! Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it! 

I also have a rouge reward to use. Trying very hard not to blow it all on lipstick. ๐Ÿ˜„

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydee  woohoo! Congrats on snagging a great reward! I vote for something fun and new like a new lippie or highlight ๐Ÿ˜‡

yes @gonerogue I'm leaning towards fun! eyeshadow palette...

yes @gonerogue I'm leaning towards fun! eyeshadow palettes are my kind of fun!

I feel like I post quite a few random thoughts here, but while researching an upcoming trip earlier this week, I stumbled across the process of how argan oil is made. And if you don't know, it's definitely worth a quick Google search, but you may never look at Josie Maran products the same way again (though it won't stop me from buying them). These argan tree-climbing goats are the first part of the traditional process:

2CEF5985-4D94-4807-96A2-5BD04E06D07A.jpeg

@txcatx cool picture! It's always nice to know process of how the ingredients in your favorite products are made. <333

@txcatx ๐Ÿคฃ omg, thatโ€™s hilarious!  Is essence of goat a thing?  

Earlier today, I got a super relaxing facial and massage at a spa. Then while walking to my car (which was almost a mile away because of stupid downtown parking), I passed a juice bar and ordered a green smoothie with a CBD oil add-on because CBD is getting banned from restaurants in various cities across the US but is still allowed in mine, and I was curious about the effects. Boy, the rest of the day has been quite the chill experience.

And now I'm curious about the cannabis beauty products carried at Sephora.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nice

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nice

Sounds like you had a very nice relaxing day @txcatx!๐Ÿค—

As Iโ€™m packing up and decluttering my house, Iโ€™m also setting aside all of my sample/deluxe sized products for my co workers in need. So far I have donated 6 tubs full of makeup, skincare and fragrances. While I initially thought it would be hard to part with these things, now that theyโ€™re gone, it feels like a giant weight being lifted off of my shoulders. My house is now a little less cluttered and the products are now in homes where they will be used and appreciated. After my big move, Iโ€™m going to make sure not to hoard so many things anymore and to slowly give them away as I get them in order to avoid keeping 6 tubs of samples in storage ๐Ÿ™ˆ

5B159DF2-C33A-441E-AA3A-BFE270A16A70.jpeg

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Wow! Thatโ€™s awesome! Lucky girl!

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to...

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to donate! glad they went to good homes ๐Ÿ˜‰

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

@gonerogue thats some amazing decluttering!  I'll bet your coworkers are super happy with their new products! So glad you feel better with the less clutter as well!

@gonerogue  Are ya moving far away or still in that area?

@Samtian 

Still in the area but closer to work. Iโ€™ll be able to walk to work in 3 minutes.

Good luck with your move @gonerogue and thatโ€™s awesome about the donations! ๐Ÿ’—

@gonerogue  Oh thats awesome!

That is so nice @gonerogue!โค๏ธ

This is so inspiring!  I really ought to do this as well. Itโ€™s such a big an overwhelming task though . Did you do the declutter all in one go or was it a long process? @gonerogue 

1 Reply
testing