Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

@WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'...

@WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'm leaning towards fun..not skincare especially, not new to me skincare. that would not be a good idea with my picky skin & non return able 🤨 thank you for the suggestion!

Re: @WinglessOne good thing it doesn't expire for 90 days! I'...

@sonnydee  My skin’s a fussy toddler or angst-ridden teen most of the time, so I completely understand not wanting to use the reward on skincare. 🙂 I do lots (LOTS) of research on products before I buy or obtain samples, and I usually patch test them for weeks before using them all over my face. That’s not nearly as fun as getting a new-to-me lipstick (or 2, or 5), eyeshadow palettes/singles, perfumes (though I don’t usually try perfumes I haven’t smelled in person first), blushes... plenty of non-skincare fun stuff to try! Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it! 

I also have a rouge reward to use. Trying very hard not to blow it all on lipstick. 😄

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydee  woohoo! Congrats on snagging a great reward! I vote for something fun and new like a new lippie or highlight 😇

yes @gonerogue I'm leaning towards fun! eyeshadow palette...

yes @gonerogue I'm leaning towards fun! eyeshadow palettes are my kind of fun!

I feel like I post quite a few random thoughts here, but while researching an upcoming trip earlier this week, I stumbled across the process of how argan oil is made. And if you don't know, it's definitely worth a quick Google search, but you may never look at Josie Maran products the same way again (though it won't stop me from buying them). These argan tree-climbing goats are the first part of the traditional process:

2CEF5985-4D94-4807-96A2-5BD04E06D07A.jpeg

@txcatx cool picture! It's always nice to know process of how the ingredients in your favorite products are made. <333

@txcatx 🤣 omg, that’s hilarious!  Is essence of goat a thing?  

Earlier today, I got a super relaxing facial and massage at a spa. Then while walking to my car (which was almost a mile away because of stupid downtown parking), I passed a juice bar and ordered a green smoothie with a CBD oil add-on because CBD is getting banned from restaurants in various cities across the US but is still allowed in mine, and I was curious about the effects. Boy, the rest of the day has been quite the chill experience.

And now I'm curious about the cannabis beauty products carried at Sephora.

🤣😂 Nice

🤣😂 Nice

Sounds like you had a very nice relaxing day @txcatx!🤗

As I’m packing up and decluttering my house, I’m also setting aside all of my sample/deluxe sized products for my co workers in need. So far I have donated 6 tubs full of makeup, skincare and fragrances. While I initially thought it would be hard to part with these things, now that they’re gone, it feels like a giant weight being lifted off of my shoulders. My house is now a little less cluttered and the products are now in homes where they will be used and appreciated. After my big move, I’m going to make sure not to hoard so many things anymore and to slowly give them away as I get them in order to avoid keeping 6 tubs of samples in storage 🙈

5B159DF2-C33A-441E-AA3A-BFE270A16A70.jpeg

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Wow! That’s awesome! Lucky girl!

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to...

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to donate! glad they went to good homes 😉

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

@gonerogue thats some amazing decluttering!  I'll bet your coworkers are super happy with their new products! So glad you feel better with the less clutter as well!

@gonerogue  Are ya moving far away or still in that area?

@Samtian 

Still in the area but closer to work. I’ll be able to walk to work in 3 minutes.

Good luck with your move @gonerogue and that’s awesome about the donations! 💗

@gonerogue  Oh thats awesome!

That is so nice @gonerogue!❤️

This is so inspiring!  I really ought to do this as well. It’s such a big an overwhelming task though . Did you do the declutter all in one go or was it a long process? @gonerogue 

3 Replies
testing