Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

Thanks @eshoe I just googled the past couple of months for allure..y'all did get a lot of fun stuff this year! But sadly, not much was new to me. I love ipsy & since they let you buy extras I love it even more. I like samples/smaller sizes because my skin is picky. I'm getting 3 bags right now๐Ÿ˜œ (me & my 2 daughters) but I'll probably cancel the 3rd. Good luck on your no-buy. I'm going on a lower/smarter buy. Hope it will stick since my pat collection is complete!

Re: thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

Oh thatโ€™s good to know about Ipsy @sonnydee! I hope I didnโ€™t say no-buy, ๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s a low buy with an option to extend after four months, first timer here so making goals that are attainable. โ€˜Mindful maskingโ€™ is my motto for the year๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydeeI felt the same way when I canceled it awhile ago, and to be honest I really dont miss it at all. I ended up getting boxycharm and its been worth it.

Yea, when my daughter's get more into makeup/skincare I'l...

Yea, when my daughter's get more into makeup/skincare I'll have to look into other subs. I don't want them touching my stuff!๐Ÿ˜ƒ and splitting the cost/products make sense. my mom & friends/relatives get alot of my unwanted things. @Anastasiya13 I thought about selling.....just haven't yet.

I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple...

I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple of months, I haven't been really excited about it, so I knew it was time. I still get excited about my ipsy though! I have 2 daughters & they get their own bag but don't use alot of stuff so I get the majority of it all! I've looked at boxycharm before, & like it but can't justify getting all full size products unfortunately. My skin is sooooo picky. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Re: I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple...

@sonnydeeI feel you, my mom and I actually split the cost of boxycharm and also split the items, and whatever we dont want we either sell or use for gifts. I feel you on the skin being picky, my mom has the same problem, but hers is more scent related, which makes it harder.

I wonder what the Surratt sale a few weeks back was about? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” Most of the items are restocked...at full price...........................

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@angelKiss24 maybe they wanted people to try their line because to be honest I never tried their line because it seemed to expensive for the amount of product you get. I purchased the eyeshadow that includes a mouse like base and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. I purchased the green colored one.

you know you are a beauty addict when you have some beauty branded Christmas ornaments on your tree. missing my l'occitane!

@sonnydee So cute! I love the branded ornaments ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@sonnydee Wow love that you kept them and added them to your tree. 

I can't throw them away they are so pretty!๐Ÿ˜ I think I'm...

I can't throw them away they are so pretty!๐Ÿ˜ I think I'm going to put small gifts/gift cards in them & play the hot/cold game with my oldest mini @SportyGirly125

Re: I can't throw them away they are so pretty!๐Ÿ˜ I think I'm...

@sonnydee that sounds like a good plan 

That is awesome @sonnydee!

thanks @faeriegirl they're just so pretty! I didn't want...

thanks @faeriegirl they're just so pretty! I didn't want to throw them away!

@sonnydee, That's hilarious! But I love it.

@sonnydee, That's hilarious! But I love it.

the sad/funny thing is one of my kids put them up there!�...

the sad/funny thing is one of my kids put them up there!๐Ÿ˜‚@Luvstravel I ordered minis that I want to try & they're in these ornaments. I don't know what to do with them but my son grabbed it & CT went on the tree first!

My sister came to me asking for the holidays for some makeup to look professional and put together for the office. I ran over to Ulta the same day and made a Sephora run as well. I am having so much fun with this. For fun, I put together a humorous write-up to go along with my bag of products. I felt like it would give people on BIC a laugh so I wanted to share it. In case someone does want to read my long, silly rambling. Feel free to post suggestions or revisions.

Spoiler

The Sprocketta x (my last name) Complexion Collection. The secret to looking professional and refreshed while traveling every week to unglamorous places. You work your tail off, so you should look good doing it.

Begin with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. When you need a mattifying white paste to "blur" your pores and keep your oil at bay. What is this? The Exxon Valdeez? Why am I struggling to see the surface of my skin? Pores, where art thou?

Then move on to the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. Full coverage, complete with a trowel for application. Behold, my Ceylon radiance! Face paint in a bottle never cost so much.

Next up is the Real Techniques Concealer Brush. Expertly apply spackle to cover up pimples and dark circles only you notice. Watch Sprocketta's online tutorial complete with showing the ever vital brush hitting the floor amid a flurry of curses. You always wanted a clumsy influencer swearing like a sailor to teach you her techniques.

Complete the rest of your look. Use the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector to bring in that glow. The shade Opal will highlight just where you want. Sure, co-workers may need sunglasses but you're brilliant, darn it. Behold my shine!

Seal your makeup in place with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Who says you can't use sex and studying to promote a colorless face mist applied as generously as hair spray?

The Sprocketta x (my last name,) Complexion Collection is the secret to looking polished while feeding your sister's makeup addiction. Available at Sephora and Sprocketta direct.

@sprocketta,

Loved this!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Your sister is very lucky to have you!

Thanks @tsavorite I had so much fun writing this. She also loved the choice of primer and setting spray and I felt like my makeup obsession was good for something.

Too bad my SIL can barely be bothered to wear mascara, I'd totally order the Sprocketta X collection for her! ๐Ÿ˜‰ You're a good sister, can you adopt me? Lol

Maybe someday I'll have people to share my makeup love with; when the kids or my niece get old enough to wear makeup! My niece is particularly interested in all things sparkly and shiny that can be worn. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Reply
testing