Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

You know, I have a four pan and a 3 pan of Inglot shadows and the four pan palette has a magnetic top that comes off far too easy for my liking. As a result I rarely use it because even dropping it on the vanity carpeted area was enough to lose almost half of the top corner on one shadow and the lid skidded off onto the tile area of the bathroom. Whoever designed the lid with a tiny magnet at each of the four corners should be smacked with a rolled up copy of an 1980's Vogue (those were some seriously thick volumes in a magazine publication!) while someone is yelling "BAD PACKAGING DESIGNER" at them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@angelKiss24 This calms my soul ๐Ÿ™‚ I LOVE IT when things fit perfectly, I have a couple of old old stila palettes that I depotted into those same MUFE palettes and I swear, I liked looking at the palettes more than using them ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@angelKiss24, Thanks for posting. Never thought about Ing...

@angelKiss24, Thanks for posting. Never thought about Inglot in those palettes!

@angelKiss24 Heh, I totally understand: I was also excited the first time I bought one of those palettes and dropped various brandsโ€™ shadows into it. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a few of them and Iโ€™ve bought many as gifts. I love โ€˜em. Hope you have a great trip! 

I sincerely apologize if this has been posted but I searched for a glam glow thread & maybe we dont have one?๐Ÿค” anyways, browsing the ipsy site I saw thisI bet is smells great! it's on the sephora site with a bunch of influencer reviews ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ hoping for a promo๐Ÿคž

I bet is smells great!I bet is smells great!

I bet it does too @sonnydee but I'm seeing so many people...

I bet it does too @sonnydee but I'm seeing so many people not too keen on the name ๐Ÿ˜‚

yeah, that's not something you want to get your mil. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ...

yeah, that's not something you want to get your mil. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคฃI probably would just to make her uncomfortable though. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜‹@lmaster

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

In a bitter sweet decision, I've cancelled by Sephora play sub. It was just sooooo many repeats. I gave it til the end of the year to change my mind. But Dec felt it was just samples that they had left over. They even had a "mystery" sample, that my first thought, it was something new & exciting (glow avocado mask). Nope just alot of left overs. They have alot of the boxes for sale, all the time. So,....byebye play. ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ฑ

yep I cancelled finally @sonnydee so glad too this months...

yep I cancelled finally @sonnydee so glad too this months spoilers are meh for me

yeah I couldn't help but look @lmaster the only thing tha...

yeah I couldn't help but look @lmaster the only thing that was pretty cool was the hum. but I dont miss it or those dang boxes!

@sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, bu...

@sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, but it started to really repeat this year so I quietly cancelled it six or eight months ago. tbh I don't really miss it since there are the occasional non-sub bags like the Superfood and Luxe ones now.

Re: @sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, bu...

And a lot of the boxes that were part of the sub is for sale all the time @fieldsofclover

I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

RE: I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

Me too! Donโ€™t hardly ever get anything new that I havenโ€™t tried!

๐Ÿ˜ฉ i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I...

๐Ÿ˜ฉ i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I looked up spoilers for Dec, no matter which box is mine. I'm not excited/have everything. I went ahead & cancelled. start the new year off free of repeats. @lmaster. Hope it gets better for ya

Re: ๐Ÿ˜ฉ i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I...

I'm pretty much with you @sonnydee lol Idk what's in my box, but like you,,,,mmmeeehhhhhhh ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@sonnydee, I had it all through 2017, but canceled it at...

@sonnydee, I had it all through 2017, but canceled it at the beginning of 2018. I just felt it wasn't worth it anymore.

I feel like they lost "steam". I had it for about 2 1/2 y...

I feel like they lost "steam". I had it for about 2 1/2 years. if they do a luxe, that may get my attention but even those once every 3-6 months have repeats. I think someone dropped the ball on what could've been a great sub. @Luvstravel. Did you replace it or no?

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@angelKiss24 and @sonnydee I cancelled my Sephora play subscription about 2 months ago and I dont miss it at all. Like you both said all samples and leftovers of samples already in past play boxes. I love my Allure subscription though. For $15 a month I get a full size or a real deluxe size sample that I can use more than once. I love it!!!!

thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to look into that allure box when I start getting thru my sample stash

Re: thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

โ™ฅ๏ธ my allure box @sonnydee...I almost always use every single item, and most are new to me. Iโ€™m keeping it while on my low buy to satisfy the fun-shiny-new-things-to-try along with Facetory. 

2 Replies
testing