Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

In a bitter sweet decision, I've cancelled by Sephora play sub. It was just sooooo many repeats. I gave it til the end of the year to change my mind. But Dec felt it was just samples that they had left over. They even had a "mystery" sample, that my first thought, it was something new & exciting (glow avocado mask). Nope just alot of left overs. They have alot of the boxes for sale, all the time. So,....byebye play. 😧😱

yep I cancelled finally @sonnydee so glad too this months...

yep I cancelled finally @sonnydee so glad too this months spoilers are meh for me

yeah I couldn't help but look @lmaster the only thing tha...

yeah I couldn't help but look @lmaster the only thing that was pretty cool was the hum. but I dont miss it or those dang boxes!

@sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, bu...

@sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, but it started to really repeat this year so I quietly cancelled it six or eight months ago. tbh I don't really miss it since there are the occasional non-sub bags like the Superfood and Luxe ones now.

Re: @sonnydee Same, I was really into it for a year or so, bu...

And a lot of the boxes that were part of the sub is for sale all the time @fieldsofclover

I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

RE: I'm legit about to cancel too @sonnydee

Me too! Don’t hardly ever get anything new that I haven’t tried!

😩 i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I...

😩 i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I looked up spoilers for Dec, no matter which box is mine. I'm not excited/have everything. I went ahead & cancelled. start the new year off free of repeats. @lmaster. Hope it gets better for ya

Re: 😩 i almost cancelled Nov. but gave them 1 more chance. I...

I'm pretty much with you @sonnydee lol Idk what's in my box, but like you,,,,mmmeeehhhhhhh 😣

@sonnydee, I had it all through 2017, but canceled it at...

@sonnydee, I had it all through 2017, but canceled it at the beginning of 2018. I just felt it wasn't worth it anymore.

I feel like they lost "steam". I had it for about 2 1/2 y...

I feel like they lost "steam". I had it for about 2 1/2 years. if they do a luxe, that may get my attention but even those once every 3-6 months have repeats. I think someone dropped the ball on what could've been a great sub. @Luvstravel. Did you replace it or no?

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@angelKiss24 and @sonnydee I cancelled my Sephora play subscription about 2 months ago and I dont miss it at all. Like you both said all samples and leftovers of samples already in past play boxes. I love my Allure subscription though. For $15 a month I get a full size or a real deluxe size sample that I can use more than once. I love it!!!!

thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to look into that allure box when I start getting thru my sample stash

Re: thank you for your recommendation @uzi1234 I'll have to l...

β™₯️ my allure box @sonnydee...I almost always use every single item, and most are new to me. I’m keeping it while on my low buy to satisfy the fun-shiny-new-things-to-try along with Facetory. 

Thanks @eshoe I just googled the past couple of months for allure..y'all did get a lot of fun stuff this year! But sadly, not much was new to me. I love ipsy & since they let you buy extras I love it even more. I like samples/smaller sizes because my skin is picky. I'm getting 3 bags right now😜 (me & my 2 daughters) but I'll probably cancel the 3rd. Good luck on your no-buy. I'm going on a lower/smarter buy. Hope it will stick since my pat collection is complete!

Oh that’s good to know about Ipsy @sonnydee! I hope I didn’t say no-buy, πŸ˜‚ it’s a low buy with an option to extend after four months, first timer here so making goals that are attainable. β€˜Mindful masking’ is my motto for the yearπŸ˜‰

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydeeI felt the same way when I canceled it awhile ago, and to be honest I really dont miss it at all. I ended up getting boxycharm and its been worth it.

Yea, when my daughter's get more into makeup/skincare I'l...

Yea, when my daughter's get more into makeup/skincare I'll have to look into other subs. I don't want them touching my stuff!πŸ˜ƒ and splitting the cost/products make sense. my mom & friends/relatives get alot of my unwanted things. @Anastasiya13 I thought about selling.....just haven't yet.

I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple...

I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple of months, I haven't been really excited about it, so I knew it was time. I still get excited about my ipsy though! I have 2 daughters & they get their own bag but don't use alot of stuff so I get the majority of it all! I've looked at boxycharm before, & like it but can't justify getting all full size products unfortunately. My skin is sooooo picky. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Re: I hope I don't miss it @Anastasiya13. for the last couple...

@sonnydeeI feel you, my mom and I actually split the cost of boxycharm and also split the items, and whatever we dont want we either sell or use for gifts. I feel you on the skin being picky, my mom has the same problem, but hers is more scent related, which makes it harder.

I wonder what the Surratt sale a few weeks back was about? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” Most of the items are restocked...at full price...........................
19 Replies