Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

that is awesome!! I bet that would look so good! @txcatx

that is awesome!! I bet that would look so good! @txcatx

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I didn't have a chance to watch over the weekend @txcatx but I'm so excited for it!

There's a boil water advisory in my city to be effective anywhere from "a handful of days" (thanks for the clarification, city official dude...) to 14 days. The water is supposedly safe for bathing, but not for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, or washing dishes. Every morning and evening, all I can think of is if the bacteria in the water is going to clog my pores and if I need to boil water for the recommended three minutes just to wash my face.

I'm sorry to hear that @txcatx. I hope that only lasts for one day and not 14!

Best,

Zakiya

Uh, what @txcatx?  I've never heard of that before! Smiley Surprised Sounds cumbersome and archaic but also, safe I suppose.  Time to start doing it Demi Moore style and start bathing in Fuji water Smiley LOL 

@ZombieMetroAnt What? Demi Moore bathes in Fiji water? That would be a thought if only the grocery stores and liquor stores could keep water on their shelves, ha! All I've got is a case of Topo Chico (yes, I realize the irony of drinking delicious water from Mexico while boiling the water in the US) and a pack of La Croix, neither of which can be good for my face...

@txcatx I dunno, a La Croix sparkling facial sounds kinda cool...but ick, I HATE boil water advisories. We had one a few years ago, luckily only for a day or two because of a contaminated water main waaaaaay up the line servicing almost the entire metro boston and suburbs region. Extra lucky for me, I live in one of the few cities with its own water source so I didn't have to do anything but my parents and dozens of cities around me, no such luck. My parents used poland springs to wash their faces and brush their teeth, no way were they going to just boil water and call it a day 🙂 

@MissPuff La Croix Pamplemousse facial--now we're getting fancy!

I've been brushing my teeth with bottled water, but I never realized how much water it takes to wash toothpaste off a toothbrush!

*Walks into SiJCP*

Me: “Do you have the Pat McGRATH  Mini MatteTrance Lust trio in stock”

SiJCP “Beauty Advisor”: Who? Is that a designer?”

me: 😮 “ Um...... yeah.......”

* walks out*

🙄🙄🙄 @mermadelove

😂🤣😂 @mermadelove

@eshoe I bit my tongue. REALLY HARD. 🤐🤐🤐

e3ad670b2f5d41198e0d94d8670f3493.jpg

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I’m a middle schooler I think personally am going through that ugly stage 😂😂😂

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

This is awesome!

Ya know the phrase “Your eyebrows aren’t twins they’re sisters,” sometimes I wonder if they’re even related at all. Definitely no closer than cousins. 

I’ve never heard this, and now I am totally comforted, @alexasteph😂

@eshoe Hahaha yeah. If they share anything it’s just one set of grandparents and even still one might have been switched at birth. 

I feel this so much @alexasteph

I had to get stitches in one of my eyebrows when I was young, so they definitely don't feel related at ALL. The sad thing is I like my stitch scarred eyebrow better; it has a much better arch...

@snoflakefaerie I know exactly what you mean by the better brow! I like my right one so much better. I don't have a scar, but they sit differently on my head and have two different shapes.

I had to share this with y'all... 🙂

I was happily trying out my new swatch stencil with Dose of Colors x Iluvsarahii Highlighter in Sol Mate, when my son showed up and wanted to show me his latest tattoo... 🙂 

100618anttattoo.PNG

testing