Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

What a neat coincidence, @Tamara76! Mostly, since your so...

What a neat coincidence, @Tamara76! Mostly, since your son's tattoo is permanent, I hope he enjoys it!

Re: What a neat coincidence, @Tamara76! Mostly, since your so...

Thanks, @curlychiquita! He has loads of tattoos and seems to enjoy this one, too! I just thought it was super cute that we "matched." ❤️

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I can't sleep so I'm looking at reviews on products I'm thinking about purchasing. I wish that Sephora would add a filter for BIC rank in the review filter options. If I see a BICer I recognize, I trust their review 100 times more than most other reviews.

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yeah, profile is the only way I have found to search username @Tamara76 @PinkEvergreen. The 'Not helpful' doesn't seem to be working for me now either...hmmm.

Also I wish it didn't require you to contact CS or a mod to edit a review. There are some products that I would definitely like to change my review on for one reason or another. 🤷‍♀️

@Lazybeautybeast @alexasteph Do y'all know of a way to search reviews by username?  Also, how do you mark a review as helpful or unhelpful?  When I click the button on my phone or PC, nothing seems to happen...

@Tamara76 I don’t know how to search by username, and yeah I just click the button. I think it highlights the one you choose, but I don’t remember...

@Tamara76 The only way I know to do this is to click on a user’s profile link (by clicking on their name on any post they’ve made or have been tagged in), then on Reviews, and then read the reviews that show up there.

For example, here’s what I see in your profile: 

F3D432BA-966A-4615-A505-D2909265F4B7.jpeg

EFBE1016-1BBE-498A-8E38-5A5CF6EAB23D.jpeg

Thanks, @PinkEvergreen @alexasteph and @Lazybeautybeast

Yeah - I was really looking for a way to mark a specific review as helpful if I read it from your profile - On my computer, If I open your reviews from your profile, they are read only and I can't mark them as helpful, which stinks if you really did help me because if there are tons of reviews for that product and I go to the product page, it can be almost impossible to find the review left by a specific person.

Oh well.  I tried. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

@Lazybeautybeast I know there have been tons of issues with the “ranking,” but those are listed next to the reviewer too. I’ve used that as reference before. Not sure if you can filter by it though, but you can get an idea of who’s leaving most of the reviews (buncha R1s might mean less reliable, for example). 

Thanks @alexasteph. That's basically what I have been doi...

Thanks @alexasteph. That's basically what I have been doing but it sure would be nice if I could say only show me RII and higher or something like that. I honestly don't even read reviews from RIs unless there are absolutely no other reviews.

Today I learned a Sephora will open just up the road from me. Uh oh. 

@alexasteph I used to live right across the street from a mall that had both a standalone Sephora and a SiJCP. Needless to say, the first time I reached Rouge was when I was living there.

@txcatx Yeah I’m checking out the new one tomorrow. I gotta head that way anyway because I went to Old Navy last weekend and one of the sensors wasn’t removed 😐

@alexasteph On my way home from work I pass an Ulta and a Sephora.  I actually just e-mailed my Nordstrom and asked them to open a location at my local mall (their Sears just closed).  If I had those 3 stores on my way home, I'd be in heaven!

@greeneyedgirl107 I have three within 20 miles or so already, so it’s not like I’m hurting for one! But one this close will make it a lot easier to just pop in...

@alexasteph Agreed!  🙂

Whoa, so a thought just occurred to me after seeing a post on the main page regarding Sephora maybe getting rid of free makeovers for Rouge clients. I don't know if this has been discussed here already, but is that partially to encourage more people to redeem 500 points for a makeover in the Rewards Bazaar?

@txcatx  My understanding is that they are not getting rid of the free Rouge Makeovers, but just not advertising them on the site anymore.  When I was in store yesterday, my lovely SA even handed me a card with a list of services I can book as a Rouge client. ❤️

@Tamara76 I just got my email about re-Rouging yesterday and noticed that custom makeovers were mentioned. I don't take advantage of that perk, but maybe it really is still going to be available.

4D4F8F7E-EEE2-4452-99F3-179F696AC4B5.jpeg

I've been a Rouge for a few years now and I've never redeemed it. The one thing I've tried is the Hydra Facial with $75 purchase which was totally worth it.

Personally, this change leaves a bad taste in my mouth if they do go ahead with this. This is one of the perks that can easily be limited to X number of makeovers per year if the issue is that a lot of rouge clients are abusing this. Even though a lot of us easily spend $50+ in one trip to Sephora, a lot of time these makeovers are on days you have to go to a party or wedding, and there's no extra time to shop around.

On the other hand, there are so many days where I'm just browsing the store and manage to spend a lot of money but have no interest in getting a makeover. I think there needs to be a better way to handle this and be fair towards Rouge customers.

1 Reply
testing