Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I just got back home from a week in Arizona for work and...my skin HATED it. so dry so irritated ;_; not even the constant Evian spray could fix.

Humidity is my friend

I was there for one day to catch a flight the next. I lit...

I was there for one day to catch a flight the next. I literally felt my deodorant melt off. I live in Fl so I'm used to the heat but not that kind of heat! 😎@mella900

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@mella900 Humidity is my hair’s best friend! My skin as well!

...of the gods? I had no idea 😂IMG_20180630_140528.jpg

(Also, it's cut off by the counter but the little sign says "ask us about our Lost Boys style discount" 😂)

FDBBAEE4-90F4-495F-A9AE-E89FEF937C22.gif

I finally cleaned out my purse/makeup bag. I had TWENTY SEVEN lipsticks in there! How is that even possible?

Haha! @snoflakefaerie That is totally something I do (and I wonder why my bags are always so heavy...)

@snoflakefaerie that is impressive! I love having a few lipstick in my bag. Lately it’s been a LOT of KVD. But not......27......😂💋💄

@snoflakefaerie, I thought I had a problem when I unloaded my bag with close to 15...good for you!😂

@snoflakefaerie, well, it's way better than having none which happened to me the other day.  I had my make up very very on point ... but we was on a rush to get out of the house ... on the way, i realized i had absolute no lipstick on my lips and i had none in my purse nada ... not even a lipgloss.  Ugh!

That's why I always keep a small lipstick at work, and a chapstick in a separate pocket in my bag!

@blackkitty2014 - 😳😱😨😰🤭

@snoflakefaerie That sounds like my bag! I've got all these mini purses I like to switch up, then my work purse, and my makeup bag IN the purse and each one has multiple lipsticks...I cleaned out my bags a few weeks ago for a trip and I swear, the resulting purse was about 10 lbs lighter...

Yep, that sounds about right!

Hahahahahaha!!! @snoflakefaerie That’s Incredible! 😄❤️💄

Were the shades pretty varied, or were there lots of nudes? Lol, I thought I was bad with around 10! 

A girl has to look good; you never know which shade you might need.

@ClassicallyFab 

Sort of varied? I tend to wear brighter colors, so there were at least 5 each of purples, pinks, and oranges. I could probably survive just fine with 5 lippies total!

@snoflakefaerie  I'm impressed!  You must have some really strong arm muscles. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 that's definitely what prompted the clean out. I couldn't understand why my bag felt so heavy. I guess it's the price I pay for always having the perfect lip color at my fingertips.

After a day at the lake, relaxing in the sun, I thought why not try my Glow Recipe Watermelon Mask. So here are my thoughts @Kim888:Prosmells greatLots of leftover serum! I used it on my chest & shouldersIt wassoothing & coolingIt didn't slide off I was able to walk around & talked a little while it was onI did like this more than the laneige water sleeping maskCons: it was stickyIt ripped pretty easilyIt didn't fit my faceIt left my face \"shiny\" maybe to some they would call that \"glowy\" but I was sticky 😛The stickiness did decrease with time..on chest &shoulders. Bottom line: I would use it again if my skin was thirsty, sun burnt, etc..I would buy it again if I needed a \"filler\" purchase to hit a promo. It didn't wow me enough to stock up. My mini did use the serum on her thirsty, sunburnt face & she said it was nice. Hope this helps! Sorry I was a little torn! Update: 6/20 the morning after I used this I woke up with tiny whiteheads on my chin! I never break out there😒
2 Replies
testing