Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

@sonnydee Thank you. This review was helpful.

@sonnydee Thank you. This review was helpful.

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

thank you for the review @sonnydee ! I may still give it a go because I like the brand but I do not like sticky sheet masks!

This is good to know, @sonnydee! Thanks!

Y'all I'm about to get one of those Perk facials...

oooh Can't wait to hear how it went @fieldsofclover !

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@fieldsofclover How did you like it? I did it almost a week ago and it was my first facial ever I love it hahaha they told me once you start you don’t wanna stop!

Ooo is it the 750 point skin fitness perk? Please do tell us how it went 🤗 I haven’t redeemed mine yet and am super curious @fieldsofclover

Excellent @fieldsofclover!  My demo was great, but I look forward to a review of the full treatment.  Enjoy!

@fieldsofclover, I hope you enjoyed it!

This is an interesting product. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit much? I think it will still sell though for some reason.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.26.39 PM.png

https://www.sephora.com/product/rose-quartz-heart-facial-gua-sha-P432835?skuId=2113157&icid2=product...

@suzyo this is definitely unnecessarily costly!!!!!! You can get like 3-5 for that price!!!!

@suzyo Omg I can't even with this. This totally reminds me of Spencer on the hills when he went off the deep end and was spending all that money on magical rocks. 

I do have a jade roller because I got it cheap but I don't know about this whole magic love rock thing. 

This reminds me (could also go in the pet peeves thread)... A couple months ago I bought a jade roller for my face from a brand advertising on Instagram. I’ve always wanted one and the price was crazy good ($10) when I clicked thru to Amazon. It was delivered in a couple or days, no problem. But the darn thing is so squeaky! I want it to be this relaxing, luxurious experience and it’s almost literally like nails on a chalkboard but I can’t bring myself to buy another one because I already have one and I’ll never go through the steps to return something I bought online. So I just sits in its pretty velvet bag in my nightstand. (It does feel really nice when I just block out the sound and use it though.)

@starsandbucks  Interesting. I actually had to search up what a jade roller was after reading your post. I have a similar tool that was a GWP from a k-Beauty purchase. It’s too bad that your jade roller squeaks... maybe try putting some vaseline around the hinges? I did that for one of my purses and now it’s fine 🙂

@suzyo @angel7594 gua sha are fairly common skincare massage tools; they typically are made of jade and quartz and this price seems in line with most of the ones I’ve seen.

this is the first time I’ve ever seen a heart shaped one though 

@suzyo, I was thinking the same thing, and I added it to my loves list anyway. 😄 I justify the purchase because it would last forever. ❤️

@angel7594 That's a good point! It can't be consumed and will never go bad. If it doesn't work out at least it will be pretty to look at! I wonder how much stones like this normally cost?

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

So.....@MackyDeanna, I used the Sachajuan scalp shampoo tonight. Here are my thoughts as you requested: Smell: like Vicks vabor rub but faint. I had to really get close to it to smell the scent consistency: this was weird, I emptied the pack out in a empty bottle, thinking I would have a few uses out of the pack. It comes out like a oil/gel, which in my opinion, was great. BUT just in the time I was spreading cleanser on my face it turned into a milky fluid. which in turn, caused me to waste some due to it spilling out of my hand. I really saturated my scalp & the hair about 1 1/2 in. from my scalp. It did lather but probably caused I used to much. At the end I gathered all my hair & ran the "soap" thru my ends & secured it all in a clip.. It was at least 3 min before I rinsed my hair out. I felt a little tingly but not much. It says to follow with Sachajuan cond. but I didn't have any & really wanted to see the results so I skipped cond. totally. I let my hair air dry. After it dried, my hair feels good. Doesn't feel dry or have any residue. It's pretty soft to the touch. I don't have a dry scalp/alot of dandruff , but I do use dry shampoo at least 1 x week & I use a clarifying shampoo (drybar charcoal sh & cond) to get rid of the "buildup" but lately my scalp has been crazy (oily) so Im hoping this will balance everything out. I got 2 more packs so we shall see. Hope this helps! Background (in case this plays a factor): I have long, straight,fine hair. I color but not often maybe 2 x year. (I'm lucky it holds color well) I don't use heat products -i don't even blow dry my hair, maybe 1 every 6 mon. if I have to. I do have to wash every other day, due to the oiliness. I alternate sh & cond.

BAC97515-0E0E-4CA9-8BD2-F09CE8302CE8.jpeg

I don’t know why I got a chuckle when seeing this ad. Calling all BIC beauties 😂 My paycheck will probably never make it home if I work for Sephora 🤪

I actually lost my job last week due a to a re-org 😢😢😢 after ten years with my company. The first place I looked was Sephora to see if they had any remote/from home positions. Alas! Sephora, if you reconsider you obviously know where to find me (right here, as always!). 

I lost my job of four years in February and received nothing in severance. Still looking. If it wasn't for $300 a week I'm receiving from unemployment and family support I don't know what I would do. It definitely has been a learning experience. I learned not to trust anyone and definitely don't trust anyone you work for. Always have your resume current and be looking for new opportunities. Good luck to you!

7 Replies
testing