Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@RGbrown. Getting really honest with myself I know I wonโ€™t miss them until someone else uses and posts about them.  Thatโ€™s not healthy is it?  Theyโ€™re going (after one last use just to be sure). 

I had that buy everything year as well.  In retrospect I shouldโ€™ve just gone and played with the shadows in the store and left them there as there are a few things I merely swatched before stashing.  

Iโ€™ve tried three of seventeen palettes out so far and Iโ€™m not thrilled.  I have to try them all out in the next couple days.  Itโ€™ll be less painful if I just It it over with. 

@heartsmyface,

Good for you!  You will feel better after decluttering!

@heartsmyface I can definitely relate... even the process of going through things I never use reminds me I have them, so "maybe it will be different this time"!

One thing I get hung up on is wanting my declutters to "go to a good home" and physically throwing them away is a lot harder. It's not even the money as I usually just donate things rather than putting them on eBay or consignment, just... argh.

@fieldsofclover I think of it as going to a good home as well. I've recently been decluttering as well. One of my friends is a Foster Mom, so a lot of my stuff goes to the foster girls she gets. Or a friend from work whose daughter is really into make up. She gets bullied at school and the popular girls steal her make up. So lately she has been getting mine. It feels me with joy to hear how happy and excited the girls get.

@Samtian

The girls weโ€™re currently fostering are 7 & 9 so not quite at the age for makeup wearing but thatโ€™s a great idea I can keep in mind for the future! 

Now that the founder of Inglot has died it looks like the brand is no longer in stores here in North America - at least not all of the product lines - and definitely not available where we moved to (Nebraska). ๐Ÿ˜ฅ Theyโ€™re some of my favorite eyeshadows, second only to MUFEโ€™s from before the recent reformulation. I have no idea what Iโ€™ll use once I finish the palettes I have. 

This post made me smile @Samtian.  What a great way to manage your collection, and give some nice, fun treats to these girls.  I bet they're in heaven with all the cool stuff you pass along!

Right?  I highly doubt the Nars Andy Warhol palette with its glitter blush is going to get love though!  

My declutters go in a bin and regularly get pillaged by friends before I have a chance to donate them, so I donโ€™t know what my damage is.  

Iโ€™m letting go of ten palettes for sure today and putting the other seven on a one week probation.  @fieldsofclover

I had a dream that I put all my skincare items on at the same time to get through them so I could justify buying more things to try. Trying to figure out if I should be concerned about myself.....

100 Layers Challenge. Go for it! jk ๐Ÿ™‚

Love the dream thought process @snoflakefaerie! I currently eat dinner out of a plate in the corner of my 5 person dinning/work table as its covered with skincare, products and snacks I have no place to put atm!!

Haha, I'm getting close to that!

Great dream logic:D.  I will use face creams that I want to use up quickly  on my body so I can get on to something else, so maybe thereโ€™s something there;) @snoflakefaerie

I also do this all the time @heartsmyface and @snoflakefaerie!  On my body I'll use foils and DS of face creams that I don't like enough to use on my face.  Even unscented body lotion has fragrance, and I'm really picky about things competing with my perfume.  Enter a DS of Caudalie soft cream.... Problem solved!

If you have tattoos, belief aqua bomb really makes 'em pop, BTW ๐Ÿ˜Ž

That seems like a pretty reasonable thing to do. Our arms and legs should be a glowing as our faces ๐Ÿ˜

That's funny!

That's funny!

Pacifica makes a kale-flavored lip balm??

Wait what?  Okay show of hands cause maybe  iโ€™m I alone here, but who actually likes the flavour of kale without disguising the flavour with garlic and butter? @fieldsofclover

@heartsmyface ...I like the flavor of garlic and butter.

@heartsmyface I love making kale chips if I'm really feeling like a hippie, but yeah, I don't do kale salad. Drown them in flavors and fat, please!

@fieldsofclover Say whaaat!? Haha! ๐Ÿค”

I noticed that too @fieldsofclover, they have a whole Kale range of products. Why you want to smell like Kale is beyond me!

testing