Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Image result for mind blown

if i make an online purchase and no one is home to witness it being delivered did the purchase really exist? 😛

If the box is broken down and recycled before it reaches the front door, is it really delivered? @sparklekai

This reminds me of this doormat. Which I need. Which we apparently ALL need!!!

Image result for hide packages from husband doormat

Although UPS and USPS may need more specific directions!!!

@heartsmyface This is the best response ever. We are the same 🙂 

@heartsmyface this is brilliant!!

@sparklekai that's what I am always thinking lol - if no one else saw it, clearly it didn't happen

@sparklekai  THe answer is no. This is legit my MO!!! LOLOLOL! ONly the purchases he sees, count!!!!! 

Nope. I won't tell anyone if you won't 😉

So, I walked into my home after work yesterday and smelled something way off. It smelled like chemicals or sulfur or something. At first, I thought, "Gas leak. I'm gonna die." But I remembered all my appliances are electric. Then I thought, "Um...my city was a target on that map in a photo showing the places North Korea wants to destroy. I'm gonna die." But surely there would be some sort of alarm on my phone? Or maybe the natural disaster sirens would go off? Not much I can do about that one.

So I opened up all the doors and windows (something you're probably not supposed to do during a nuclear attack) to air out the place and see if it would help.

Then I realized the culprit. The trashcan containing Q-tips soaked in Kate Somerville Eradikate.

Hahaha,  “gas leak.  I’m going to die!” @txcatx

@txcatx  This first had my pulse starting to race, then racing in earnest as I burst out laughing when I got to the end. THank GOD it was beauty and not nuclear beasties or a gas leak!!!! LOLOLOL!

Phew!

Image result for phew gif

@txcatx I'm certainly glad it wasn't a gas leak or North Korea. 

That being said, I wish Kate could make something that worked that well without the smell.

@ChristineR07 Right! I love the Eradikate treatment, but boy, that unexpected smell plus an overactive imagination can lead to quite the panic! 

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Went to a Sephora class last night and saw a Bitcoin ATM on the way back to the parking garage. The west coast is a weird place.

@fieldsofclover Man, we're only getting commercials about how we should invest our entire IRAs into Bitcoin out here in Ohio, no ATMs that I'm aware of.  It's insane.  Luckily the commercials (at least) do point out that it's still a risky investment.  But I know plenty of people who just do not listen and are going to think that's a good idea.  /sigh

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@fieldsofclover The west coast is very strange indeed! Lol! What class did you take? Did you find it beneficial?

Re: RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@darlyndar It was Skincare IQ... they checked everyone's profiles beforehand and had a personalized set of testers set up at everyone's station! And I got to try that moisture meter thing they're talking about. I should write a longer post about it somewhere.

@fieldsofclover I'd like to hear about it too! I'm curious about whether or not makeup would effect the results.

@fieldsofclover Please do! That’s the one class I’ve been wanting to take. I would love to know my skin IQ and hydration level. 

It's a quarter after 7 in the morning, on a Saturday, and the house is totally dark and silent... 

...except for the faint sound of one of the kitties methodically popping all the big bubbles on the sheet of bubble wrap that came in my order yesterday.

testing