Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Image result for bubblewrap gif

Anyone notice Flash 2 Day Shipping is now Flash 3 Day Shipping 🤔 

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

More like “flash 8 day shipping”... ridiculous...

@alexasteph I put in an order this week and it was two-day but I've heard others say that their's had been three day recently as well. I remember at the beginning of last year that even though I was Rouge I still had to go in and manually sign up for two-day Flash. Maybe it's something like that?

@starsandbucks Could be. This is my first order this year so it’s possible it reset with everything else. I’ll look in to it, thanks for the info.

A74E5058-B048-4933-9A35-6AEAA115EAF3.jpeg

Hmm. Mine still says 2 day

@skcfan Really? When I placed an order just now my options were Free 3 Day Flash or $10.95 for 2 Day...

@alexasteph Yeah, my order from the 11th was 2 day, and I just checked the options again. Free 2 day and 1 day for 5.95. That’s so weird! Maybe contact customer service? 

@skcfan Hm, yeah maybe. I ordered a hair mask so it’s not like it has shipping restrictions. There seems to be quite a few inconsistencies around here...

🤔🤔🤔

Apparently lip gloss counts as skincare now! I finally got one of the $11 Becca glosses that had been sitting in my cart for a week, and just noticed that my account had 2x points added for it 😂

@fieldsofclover those BITE high pigment pencils ought to be too!!! I bought two b/c sale, fell in love and bought two more!

@mermadelove Yeahhhhhh that was exactly the order I placed *yesterday* 😳

I'm doing a Q2 no-buy, not Q1 I guess 💸

So, my salon/spa had a giveaway where they were giving away a free microneedling treatment, and a couple of runner-ups would get 50% off a microneedling treatment. I'm a runner-up, but then I made the mistake of spending too much time Googling the procedure, and now I might be too scared to book the appointment!

This is what happened to me with laser eye surgery and facials of any kind. Unless I’m at wits’ end I’m unwilling to have anything done to my body which could result in crazy side effects or negative outcomes that would make me regret getting it done in the first place!

@k617 While I know that some people have had bad reactions to LASIK or similar, I have absolutely never regretted getting mine done.  I tend to be the person who panics about everything.  I had done a ton of research and decided to go for it (I had horrible vision and astigmatism).  Outside of going back to college and getting my degree it was the best decision I've made in my life.  I can't promise that yours will be as successful as mine, but I'm glad I didn't let the fear stop me from doing it.

Thanks! Glad to hear you had great results. My friend also had LASIK done and she loves it. Sadly I would want PRK for my eyes and I’m just not ready for the potential risk, however tiny. I paid $200 for the consultation

and eye scans and still decided against it. I’m OK wearing contacts for the rest of my life!

@txcatx, I'm not convinced that microneedling works or th...

@txcatx, I'm not convinced that microneedling works or that it's even that good for your skin. It seems like it would damage it? But if you go, let us know what you think!

@txcatx That's me to a tee! I've been wrestling with injectables/etc for the "elevens" between my eyebrows and microblading for my eyebrows, but every time I commit, i spend 15 minutes too long on google and then I chicken out! 

1 Reply
testing