Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@gingerleigh  I had that exact experience except! I did not get the sale item but I still got the Promo code item. And it was $35 buy in which I did not make once my product was cancelled. I was able to get a similar item to the sale item from the Rewards Bazaar so ..... win?

Also, this was me and the Tarte magnetic palette. But tha...

Also, this was me and the Tarte magnetic palette. But that's fine, I didn't want your silly out-of-stock thing anyway! I'll just buy a Natasha Denona palette this year instead of singles. Hmmph.

Yes!! And random thought: gee, a lot of hot sale items we...

Yes!! And random thought: gee, a lot of hot sale items were suddenly restocked the day after saleonsale ended... 🤷

Re: Yes!! And random thought: gee, a lot of hot sale items we...

Hmmm...... *looks around shiftily*

Oh my gosh it really does look like a little Timbits box,...

Oh my gosh it really does look like a little Timbits box, doesn't it 🍩🍩🍩💄

Did any of you guys ever come across someone you know on this board? 

I've often wondered because I teach now, and makeup being this universal across-all-ages thing, I'm anxious I'll run into a student one way or the other. I don't think I act any more reserved in class than on here, but I feel self-conscious, especially as my nickname = university ID. (Always wanted to change it but you can't ...) 

Plus, I taught my first class of the semester today. First classes are most awkward and cringeworthy because I'm not a people-person. I keep wondering if I'm dressed right or saying the right things in the right manner. Then there's the whole morning ritual where I wonder if Bite Verbena or MAC modesty is the right kind of muted-lip suitable for work .. or if I can rock that black lip that one instructor wore when I was an undergrad (but then again, what if I touch my mouth while teaching and joker-fy myself? She never did but I might.) 

Then I look outside and it's snowing cats and dogs and reindeers, and it's a long walk from the parking garage to my building, and my hair is reaching that length where it defies gravity so I know I'll have hedgehog back hair... 

Thoughts thoughts and more useless thoughts. 

(I wouldn't worry too much about the username, though.)

(I wouldn't worry too much about the username, though.)

@MSena Oh definitely yes 😂 I'm not teaching much this qu...

@MSena Oh definitely yes 😂 I'm not teaching much this quarter but I suppose any student that recognizes me from BIC would at least have something to ask me about at office hours 😂

Re: @MSena Oh definitely yes 😂 I'm not teaching much this qu...

@fieldsofclover hahaha this actually gives me mini-anxiety attacks! 

When I think about it it's not a big deal, but there's that visceral reaction akin to what one of my colleagues described as "being seen at an undergrad party by your student."

Re: @MSena Oh definitely yes 😂 I'm not teaching much this qu...

@MSena Not going to lie, I've mentally rehearsed that conversation in case it ever happens!

For years I've made an effort to be more expressive since...

For years I've made an effort to be more expressive since I am very reserved by nature, but I think it's backfired on me... I am getting actual lines from making the Colbert Eyebrow so often 🤨

Re: For years I've made an effort to be more expressive since...

giphy

If there ever was a good reason for getting wrinkles, this is it.

I heard someone prowling the top of my dresser a couple days ago, and something being pawed around and then knocked onto the carpet... one of my cats has now claimed a little kabuki brush as his own. He'll carry it around the house and leave it in different corners, and really likes it when I brush his face with it (I gave in and let him keep it because it's too cute). He doesn't want his sister to play with it, though.

I tell him he's pretty a lot because he's covered in rosettes, but apparently it's gone to his head. Is there a "toms who makeup" thread?

He is hoarding it with his other two "treasure" toys now....

Tiny jaguar is hoarding it with his other two "treasure" toys now... it's stashed under the corner of my dresser with a turkey?pheasant? feather and a little zapatista doll I brought back from Mexico a few years ago. @mermadelove may be entertained by this 😼💎💍

Re: He is hoarding it with his other two "treasure" toys now....

YOur little guy sounds very entertaining!!! @fieldsofclover  When we were in VT, we had two little toms that were the sweetest things ever. One of them, however would turn into a feral beast over . Wait for it---- hard boiled egg yolks!!!! He would growl and yowl if anyone came NEAR his egg yolk-- or even walked by. IT was the funniest thing.... And also a bit scary.......

that is adorable!!  Heart Heart Heart

My cats have spent the better part of the day playing with one of those little cardboard sleeves that the Bite agave lip mask samples come in, because apparently it makes a really neat sound on the kitchen floor.

@fieldsofclover  Laughing hysterically picturing this!!!

@mermadeloveI put it in their toy box... didn't have the heart to immediately pitch it into the recycle bin after all that. 

I thought this thread was gone since I haven't received any emails, but glad to know it's still kicking around! *subscribed*

To start off with my random thought is a little criticism about BI accounts. I received an emailed receipt for a purchase I never made a week ago. The issue has been resolved, but that email scared me like seeing an unknown charge to a credit/debit card 😞

Fortunately, no personal info was leaked, but that person redeemed about 1000 of my points. CS told me it was a case of similar emails, but that got me wondering why associates are accepting emails linked to an account vs. the actual card # linked to an account? I understand some people forget their card and associates might take a name and select the closest email/account that matches, but there should have been confirmation before proceeding. I work retail, and we take private contact information very seriously. And I felt like my privacy was breached because my account was not treated with the same due care I expected. I'm probably overreacting, but I changed my email and password now for my account in hopes something doesn't happen again. I'm an incredibly private and paranoid person to begin with, so I apologize if I am overreacting.

@Melissa136 That's disturbing! Even though they scan my card from my phone, they usually verify my name. I'm not sure why they didn't that day in particular. 

testing