Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Sorting my sample stash tonight, so,relaxing and satisfying!

IMG_0849.JPGMy supervisor.My supervisor.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

That’s soothing to imagine.

Ohhhh yeahhhhh!   That ia one of my favorite things to do!   Cute supervisor, too!💗  @sister13

@sister13  Yeaahhhhh!   So zen!!! 

@sister13 Your kitty is for sure making sure that the sorting is processed correctly. 

Oh man that is such a great feeling once all of your samples are sorted @sister13! They tend to build up so quickly lol 😄 

Your supervisor is adorable ❤️

Hard to believe they can build up so quickly even with Sephora leaving out samples, lol!  @Mcakes 

@sister13 They are in fact trying to help you by omitting those samples.  They know our struggles! 

It's that kind of day

IMG_2406.JPG

Eating pizza with a sheet mask on is more difficult than I anticipated.

Lol!  @suzyo

IMG_1012.GIF

@suzyo Hahahaha,  have you ripped the mouth opening open bigger yet cause sometimes you've just gotta do it! 

@heartsmyface Ya know it didn't even occur to me to do that?! I ended up taking it off 5 min earlier than planned lol.

@suzyo  When it comes to pizza, when there is a will there is a way.

Is there an excess amount of imitation going on this year, or has it always been this bad?

First, Guerlain came out with their Aqua Nude foundation, which seems highly similar to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (both in concept/formula and packaging). It makes me wonder if the similar packaging is an attempt to subtly (or not so) communicate, "love Chanel, try ours!"

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.24.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.23.01 PM.png

Now, it seems like Too Faced took inspiration for their lipstick packaging from Tatcha.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.12.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.11.37 PM.png

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I nuts? (I suppose those aren't mutually exclusive possibilities, however).

Too Faced is actually being sued by Tatcha for packaging infringement...

I'm assuming there must be no trademark/copyright patents for packaging and design when it comes to make up because I see this type of imitation everywhere. From the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, which has been copied ad infinitum by so many brands, to Cover fx's drops/Makeup Revolution dupes, it does seem to be getting out of hand. Don't people have original ideas anymore?

Wow, I didn't know about the law suit.

On an Instagram photo of their product release, I commented on the similarity of the two lipstick packages. Whoopsie.

Imitation is the best form of flattery, I suppose.

Too Faced and Tatcha are not in competition for the same customers. If someone is inclined to spend $$ on lipstick, it's not like they are going to skip Tatcha and buy Too Faced instead. They're going for Tatcha or both.

For those who love Too Faced, and spending $$ on a single lipstick is out of the question, it is nice, I suppose, that they can have a luxurious package. It would be better if they put a little effort, however, into an original concept.

@SheWhoSkis, your comments might be part of Tatcha's suit!

"To back up its allegations, Tatcha refers to a number of comments on Instagram that called out the perceived similarities, including one that said, “The lipstick has the exact same packaging as the newest Tatcha lipstick lol.” Several replies to a Trendmood post teasing the Too Faced lipsticks echo a similar sentiment, with one saying, “Why does the lipstick look like they ripped off the packaging from Tatcha?”

This just makes me crave a Chalupa Smiley LOL 

taco.JPG

Spoiler
After the chain asked for makeup looks inspired by its logo and/or menu, beauty junkies did not disappoint in what they delivered.

It doesn't hurt that Taco Bell is practically synonymous with its soft purple lettering. Something about how the franchise's eponymous chime seems to be swaying in its logo just begs for a wing tip. But Taco Bell Makeup is a trend that's anything but mild — these looks are full Fire Sauce.

People are taking their inspiration from everything: Baja Blasts, Crunchwrap Supremes, even Taco Wrappers. One (hero) woman even just painted her whole dang eyelid to look like a stuffed tortilla. These makeup artists were all thinking inside the bun, and we could not be more satisfied (or hungry).

a.JPGb.JPGc.JPG

There are more pics on PopSugar Smiley Wink
I gotta go get a bean burrito now!

@ZombieMetroAnt Which look is yours?! 

1 Reply
testing