Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

So cute @gonerogue! Where did you find this gem?

@Mcakes I had a friend who was a Guerlain SA at my old job and she gifted me this and a cute summer bag since she knew how much of a makeup junkie I am 😬🙈

I L💗VE it!  @gonerogue

IMG_0925.GIF

@Tamara76 I love all your gifs!!! ❤️😘

When you get home after 11+ hours and your makeup still looks decent. Automatic win.

That great smoothness after a fresh brow wax...

I don't ever get mail from Sephora, this was interesting. I think that I like this rather large mailing. IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

"La Mer La Merrier" LOL! Someone had fun writing that line.

How strange. I got one of these from Chanel a few months back and thought it was a great concept but the poster sized paper was a bit much. Looks like their marketing team is trying something new?

Oh wow @darkiceis! I never get mail from Sephora either. This looks like a nice mailing for sure. 

This is a totally random thought but that Smashbox primer joke (hilarious BTW) from the other thread is prompting me to comment...

My sister-in-law is visiting us for a week and she's not a huge makeup junkie the way I am so I decided it would be good for her to go through my six bins of samples/gratis that I have collected over the years. After she went through everything, she picked out the stuff she wanted to take and what was she most excited for? THE SMASHBOX PRIMER DS samples!! I let her take them all with no problem at all and now I am free of all Smashbox primers in my home (for now) 😉

SCORE @gonerogue!

Whoa!  You need to start a Primer free countdown calendar!  @gonerogue

Great idea @heartsmyface ! I have some ulta and sephora orders coming to me in the next week so that countdown may not make it to 10 lol

I'm so sick of not getting any samples with my order!!!

Just kidding! I'm up to my eyeballs in foils and those constant threads are working my last nerve...BUT, I have pleasantly discovered that every time an order arrives without samples, two minutes on live chat with a CS rep results in free rewards points! Three orders in roughly five weeks and I've gotten 750 extra points without even prompting. Just a quick "Order #XYZ is missing all three samples" and the CS rep automatically apologizes, then offers me 250 points for my inconvenience. 

On the one hand, that's probably why the rewards are not as generous as before, CS reps just give away points rather than performing actual customer service, but on the other hand, it might be worthwhile to complain. I'd rather get free points for extra 100 pt perks I can choose, rather than more random substituted foils and perfume vials. Forget the 4X multiplier, bring on the incompetent warehouse packers 🙂

@MissPuff Oh man, I never thought to contact CS about inaccurate or missing samples to get points. I'm only 200 away from reaching my goals.. LOL

@myumew Do it! I don't even care about the samples, especially since they are always random anyhow, I just call because I know they'll throw some points my way. I think I'm up to 1000 points this year just from customer service. I feel a touch guilty but all the posts about missing/substituted samples drive me nuts, so this is my way of sticking it to sephora for not getting their act together 😜

@MissPuff

250 each order? Wow! I complained once about samples missing from multiple orders and got 100 points total. Perhaps I need to shift my strategy 😜

Yup! Even I was surprised! I had called in maybe 4 weeks ago for an order, with no intention of asking for points, but just to voice my complaint in hopes that SOMEONE would figure out what was going on in the warehouses. It was entirely selfish on my part because I was so sick of all those posts on missing/incorrect samples, I naively thought that maybe Sephora wasn't aware of such issues with a particular warehouse and that there needed to be a critical mass of complaints before they would look into it. (full disclosure: I work in manufacturing and this is the most common way that batch issues are brought to attention, a critical number of complaints vs just a couple of cranky customers).

It was a quick call and at the end, the CS was like, thank you and we're sorry for the inconvenience, here are 250 points! Another call about an out of stock promo resulted in 300 points, plus a separate email with ANOTHER 100 points on top. Then today, I used the "live chat" function, typed out two lines with the order number and missing samples, verified my email, then walked away because I was needed on the production floor, came back 10 minutes later having typed nothing else, and the CS had again credited me 250 pts. 

This leads me to believe that Sephora for sure has an internal distribution issue that they have not been able to resolve. There wasn't even a question that samples would be missing, they're in appeasement mode. 

Yeeeeessss @heartsmyface. Don't they know I simply can't face another day with yet another sample-free box! The horror! I shall wilt away from the disappointment and anger and, oh my, so many emotions. I just can't. Hurumph. 

🤣🤣🤣

Maybe there's a trauma scale that CS works by?  The more traumatized the more points?   @RGbrown

testing